Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traditional Ceremony Musicians

• 15-07-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,
    I'm hoping to have traditional musicians play for our wedding ceremony next July. Finding it very hard to find someone! Does anyone know of a traditional group who would play for the church ceremony and maybe the drinks reception?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

We had these are our wedding 6 years ago.

http://www.celticmusicagency.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,143 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Location?

What type of church and ceremony?

What are you wanting them to do - just play music? lead guests in singing? provide a cantor as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Here Comes The Trio

Hey,
    I'm hoping to have traditional musicians play for our wedding ceremony next July. Finding it very hard to find someone! Does anyone know of a traditional group who would play for the church ceremony and maybe the drinks reception?

Hey, have you tried Arundó? Have heard so many wonderful things about them, they play twice a week in Kinsale (just guessing from the username you might be Cork based but apologies if you're not!), and every week in Counihans as well I think, and have loads of weddings under their belt too.
    What part of the country are you getting married in? You might be able to find some on churchmusic.ie or WeddingsOnline, or we could try and recommend students from colleges in your area.
    Are you thinking of any particular instruments?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

We're going with Arundo. They sent us a CD of all their music, so it made it really easy to choose, and have been great to deal with. They are doing our church and drinks reception. They are a bit on the pricey side, so hopefully they'll be worth it!

They are based in North Cork as far as I know, but are happy to travel to Leinster for our wedding.

Advertisement