Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction in soccer forum

Options
  • 15-07-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Hello, the mod told me I should try to appeal it here. I got an infraction for calling the League of Ireland shíte because it never had a player go to the World Cup.

I was given an infraction on false pretenses because the mod accused me of visiting a LOI thread and trolling. I wasn't trolling, I actually support Bohemians and the thread is about both the World Cup and League of Ireland.

After discussing this with the mod, he said he delighted I support the league but he must punish me for or else the LOI fans will think he's being too soft.

I regret leaving the thread and not explaining that I was a supporter of Bohemians but I felt my opinion was vaild and shared by the consensus.

Do I have a case?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You insulted the LOI - do you not understand there are plenty of fans of the LOI here who would be wound up by such comments? You should do as your comments gained in-thread reactions from a couple of posters before the mod stepped in and instructed you not to post in the thread again

Whatever your own allegience, your comments were essentially trolling other LOI fans, and the yellow card (note it was a "warning" not an "infraction" which receives a red card) for trolling is warranted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Beasty wrote: »
    You insulted the LOI - do you not understand there are plenty of fans of the LOI here who would be wound up by such comments? You should do as your comments gained in-thread reactions from a couple of posters before the mod stepped in and instructed you not to post in the thread again

Whatever your own allegience, your comments were essentially trolling other LOI fans, and the yellow card (note it was a "warning" not an "infraction" which receives a red card) for trolling is warranted

Trolling is intentional. My intentions were not to troll. I didn't mean to piss anyone off.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I didn't mean to piss anyone off.
    You achieved it. Next time please take more care and think about the possible reactions your comments may result in

Yellow card upheld

You may ask an Admin to review this decision if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Beasty wrote: »
    You may ask an Admin to review this decision if you wish

Sure. What have I got to lose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

A yellow card is a warning that you are doing something wrong and to rein it in before you actually get hit with an infraction or a ban, so in this instance it is perfectly reasonable.

You posted in such a manner that, whether you intended to or not, was likely to antagonise the posters in that thread. Therefore a warning was appropriate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement