Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap but fast motorbikes?

• 15-07-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, so out of curiosity. Does anyone know any cheap but fast motorbikes. Something around 800 euros or less.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

What about insurance. Define fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Another lad looking for a RIP AROUND purely for the summer are we.......???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

How dast ya wanna go?? Cbr 600 fast?

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/7305328
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/7290869

Or cbr 1000 fast?

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/6901794

Ps. Your a lazy fcuk...... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mrhellboy218

Thanks for the links guys and when I mean fast I'm mean like Cbr 600 type of fast.
    And yeah aakev , pretty lazy indeed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Impossible-Triangle.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Something around 800 euros or less.

Have you factored in tax, insurance and PPE ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

KTRIC wrote: »
    Have you factored in tax, insurance and PPE ??

I'm getting the impression he has no interest in them.

But maybe he has them already :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi, so out of curiosity. Does anyone know any cheap but fast motorbikes. Something around 800 euros or less.

suzuki gsx750f

cantdecide , Cheap and fast

And yeah BlackWizard, tax and insurance aren't really a concern it's not anything serious.

Thanks blade1 for the suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

And yeah BlackWizard, tax and insurance aren't really a concern it's not anything serious.

Can't wait for the newspaper article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

In that case, I know of a nice Gixer with no brakes you can have :pac:

Hope it doesnt turn out to be another statistic that makes us bikers look bad....let me know the date and times you intend to go out and about m8. I will make sure I am not......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Even hellboys need tax and insurance!!

Lads it could be a track day bike he is after, plenty of lads doing them and not riding on the road.

Ill hold off judgement till the op says what je wants it for!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Have you ever been on a bike before? Sounds like you haven't.

I looked at your other posts. You're only 20 years old.

You will have to get the A2 learner permit which is restricted to 35kw. That means no sportbikes like a CBR600RR for you.

You also have to do IBT before you can go on the road.

If you don't think getting a bike is serious then you will kill yourself. Stick to a cage.

Yeah aaakev it was just a little track day plan, I and a friend made sort of like a ''project bike''. Thanks for I guess standing up for me ha :D

And Pugzilla when I meant it's not serious. I meant like I wasn't really going to go and buy a bike, I was only asking this question to just get some suggestions of cheap bikes that I and my friend could work on and such. Thanks for the I guess concern though! :)

Yeah any of them bikes linked would make a grand yoke for whoorin roumd mondello on a sunday morning!

Yeah aaakev it was just a little track day plan, I and a friend made sort of like a ''project bike''. Thanks for I guess standing up for me ha :D

And Pugzilla when I meant it's not serious. I meant like I wasn't really going to go and buy a bike, I was only asking this question to just get some suggestions of cheap bikes that I and my friend could work on and such. Thanks for the I guess concern though! :)

So you have a van to transport it to and from the trackday events aswell do you?

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So you have a van to transport it to and from the trackday events aswell do you????

yea my friend owns a van that should fit a bike

• Advertisement

yea my friend owns a van that should fit a bike

Do you have leathers, helmet, boots and gloves?

You will need some type of bike licence (learner pemit or full) as well to do trackday training (which you have to complete to do any more trackdays).

So you have a van to transport it to and from the trackday events aswell do you????

Jasus gar why ya giving the lad such a roastin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

aaakev wrote: »
    He likes roastin' young lads :pac:

Never said a bad word to the fella and accused him of nothing so hardly a roasting m8..... I asked him 2 questions. TBH I have my reservations about the answers but each to their own. Most people looking for a track bike specifically ask what would be the best choice, license requirements, PPE gear etc etc. This lad simple asked what is the fastest bike for as little as possible....I would bet a fair few quid he is looking for a rip for the summer and nothing else. All totally illegal I might add.....If I am wrong I am wrong belated sorries and all that but my spidey senses are tingling.

Its just I have to share the road with lads every summer that think its a "totes super idea, ya" to get a bike and ride it like an eeeejjjet with no tax or insurance and end up in a bad way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I've been riding bikes 6 years and I'd be wary of taking a CBR600RR to a trackday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

I've been riding bikes 6 years and I'd be wary of taking a CBR600RR to a trackday.

Why?

A track is the only place to get to drive a sports bike to its limits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

cantdecide wrote: »
    Impossible-Triangle.png

Pick cheap and good and you'll have a fast bike

simples

Never said a bad word to the fella and accused him of nothing so hardly a roasting m8..... I asked him 2 questions. TBH I have my reservations about the answers but each to their own. Most people looking for a track bike specifically ask what would be the best choice, license requirements, PPE gear etc etc. This lad simple asked what is the fastest bike for as little as possible....I would bet a fair few quid he is looking for a rip for the summer and nothing else. All totally illegal I might add.....If I am wrong I am wrong belated sorries and all that but my spidey senses are tingling.

Its just I have to share the road with lads every summer that think its a totes super idea to get a bike and ride it like an eeeejjjet with no tax or insurance and end up in a bad way.

Ah fair enough if thats what your thinking but it seemed to me and im im sure a few others that ya were giving him a hard time. In saying that I do understand where you're coming from

Id say most people riding 6 years would have a different opinion, I certainly would. Depends on the bike you ride I suppose and the way you ride it

Most riders will never be able to get to the level of proficiency that a 600 sportbike is the limiting factor on their lap time. Speed is a 100% function of skill on those bikes.

Only professionals can really push a modern 600 sportbike to its limit. The average guy who rides an R1 or Fireblade wouldn't be able to max out the capabilities of a CBR600RR on the track, never mind a super bike.

• Advertisement

old_aussie wrote: »
    Pick cheap and good and you'll have a fast bike

simples

What if you can only pick one? :p

Advertisement