Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre bundle - not receiving phone calls

Options
  • 15-07-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I've been with eircom for about a month now. I have the eFibre friends and family bundle. TV and broadband are fine and I don't use the phone much. However many people have reported to me that they can't get through to me on the phone - they get "the mailbox is full" message. When I call the landline from my mobile, I can get through and I've no problem making calls.

I rang technical support this morning and to be fair to them, they had an engineer around to me an hour later. He couldn't see what the problem was. He rang the phone from his mobile and from the exchange and it was fine. While he was here, I get my mum to call from her landline (UPC) and she got "the mailbox is full".  Another friend who is also with UPC can't get through. And my mother-in-law who is with eircom can get through.

Is there a problem with UPC landlines ringing Eircom landlines? I had UPC before and never had a problem getting through to any number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mags16 wrote: »
    I've been with eircom for about a month now. I have the eFibre friends and family bundle. TV and broadband are fine and I don't use the phone much. However many people have reported to me that they can't get through to me on the phone - they get "the mailbox is full" message. When I call the landline from my mobile, I can get through and I've no problem making calls.

I rang technical support this morning and to be fair to them, they had an engineer around to me an hour later. He couldn't see what the problem was. He rang the phone from his mobile and from the exchange and it was fine. While he was here, I get my mum to call from her landline (UPC) and she got "the mailbox is full".  Another friend who is also with UPC can't get through. And my mother-in-law who is with eircom can get through.

Is there a problem with UPC landlines ringing Eircom landlines? I had UPC before and never had a problem getting through to any number.
    Hi mags16

There are no general issues with receiving calls from specific providers however it may be best for the people experiencing the issues to contact UPC to see if a block is in place. I have not heard of anything like that before but if you would like I can arrange the removal of the mailbox on your line?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Hi there

Thank you for you response. Yes, it would be good if you could remove the mailbox from my line. I'll pm you my details.

Mairead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there

Thank you for you response. Yes, it would be good if you could remove the mailbox from my line. I'll pm you my details.

Mairead
    Thanks mags16

I'll send that to be removed today

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement