Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many Ferraris are there in Ireland?

• 15-07-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

just curious as i seen like 5 in ireland In Total

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

add one more to that number
    my neighbour has one (its old though) still looks A1 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I know of a 412 in north dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'm gonna pull a figure of 120 out of the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

You would be surprised how many are in sheds around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Roland.B.

I Know of a 458 a 360 a 612 a 430 seen one today and theres 5 more but i dont know names so not many

• Advertisement

theres lots of them but i never see them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

I'd say there a few in the North all right.

Seen a couple about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I met an 01 Ferrari 360 on the m50 last week. I checked it on cartell to see was it a replica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

There's a 599 in D6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

I've seen
    330 GTS
    246 Dino
    308 Dino
    308 GTB
    512 BB
    Mondial
    Testarossa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Cafco have three for sale right now.

2 red 430's a spider and coupe. (Both red)

And a black 430 too so there's 3 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I see a new 458 every day parked outside work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

There are two in North Kildare. One is a 550, the other is a 355 spyder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There'll be +1 when I get my lottery numbers up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'd wager there's more Ferraris up the North than there are in the South.

Certainly more than 5 in the South, probably 50+ in some form or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There used to be a stat that NI had more Porsche per head of population than Germany.

Not sure how true that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

ION08 wrote: »

That 458 lives up near me. He's often at the Cherrywood C&C

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

ION08 wrote: »

That 458 lives up near me. He's often at the Cherrywood C&C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

I'd say still at least 30 Ferrari 360 , 5 -10 F458s ,10 f430(a lot re exported) 10-20 f355s, 10 -f308s, 10 f348s < 5 mondials, a couple of 412s , definitely at least one 599, one or two blue 456,5 California's plus maybe 20 vintage exotic ones inc testa rosa ,275gt,512 BB.

Lots of these never see light of day. So I'd say Colm's figure of 120 is in the ball park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Every time I've been to London I've seen at least one along with a myriad of other supercars, yet I've seen no more than a handful in my entire life in Dublin. What's the deal, are we really poor or do we just not like cars?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Every time I've been to London I've seen at least one along with a myriad of other supercars, yet I've seen no more than a handful in my entire life in Dublin. What's the deal, are we really poor or do we just not like cars?

Probably a combination of factors.
    Dublin doesn't have great roads and a lot of people wouldn't see the point in having a super car to drive around the city.
    Fuel prices are extortionate.
    Motor tax is extortionate.
    Insurance is extortionate.
    Compared to London or even other places in Ireland, we don't seem to have a high number of garages in our houses to store the cars. And I'm sure most people don't fancy parking a Ferrari in their front garden.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Probably a combination of factors.
    Dublin doesn't have great roads and a lot of people wouldn't see the point in having a super car to drive around the city.
    Fuel prices are extortionate.
    Motor tax is extortionate.
    Insurance is extortionate.
    Compared to London or even other places in Ireland, we don't seem to have a high number of garages in our houses to store the cars. And I'm sure most people don't fancy parking a Ferrari in their front garden.

All good points.

Actually regarding your first one - I was working in the Dublin Docklands a couple of years ago and there was this lime green Lamborghini Diablo that would be buzzing around the place on a regular basis. It was always filthy dirty and he appeared to be using it as a daily driver. The roads down there are terrible, but he'd be horsing around like he just didn't care.

Always brought a smile to my face though, because I hate the thoughts of cars like that sitting in garages under tarps and getting wheeled out once a month. They're meant to be driven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

There are plenty of people around (still) with the money for a Ferrari. However, you normally don't get to be the kind of person with the cash for a Ferrari unless you're good at making financial decisions and a Ferrari in Ireland is a dreadful decision (financially). Put it this way, for the price of a new Ferrari in Ireland with VRT etc you could buy one in Italy / France / Germany and buy a holiday home over there to keep it in :)

vandriver wrote: »
    There's a 599 in D6

Went car spotting yesterday and i seen it the front bumper was Wrecked

I met an 01 Ferrari 360 on the m50 last week. I checked it on cartell to see was it a replica

any pics ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

There are plenty of people around (still) with the money for a Ferrari. However, you normally don't get to be the kind of person with the cash for a Ferrari unless you're good at making financial decisions and a Ferrari in Ireland is a dreadful decision (financially). Put it this way, for the price of a new Ferrari in Ireland with VRT etc you could buy one in Italy / France / Germany and buy a holiday home over there to keep it in :)

This is it.
    If you're wealthy enough to afford a Ferrari, you ain't gonna register it at your Irish address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Who would service a Ferrari in Ireland? Would it have to go up north? I have seen one Ferrari in Cork on a trailer!

bladebrew wrote: »
    Who would service a Ferrari in Ireland? Would it have to go up north? I have seen one Ferrari in Cork on a trailer!

Charlie hurts is the only place to get a ferrari stamp on one, still collection from kildare, service , wash return @ €1600 is not bad on a 360
    ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

In a nutshell: VRT.

Plenty of folks who can afford them; plenty of good roads to drive them on; no problem with fuel cost...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

bladebrew wrote: »
    Any competent mechanic. I know an Irish lad out here in Perth and worked for Lamborghini and Ferrari. He was a trained VW tech. The thing that pissed him off the most was removing the massive under tray which could take 0.5 hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

If you're wealthy enough to afford a Ferrari, you ain't gonna register it at your Irish address.
    Not sure I agree with this. I'd say there's at least 100 Ferrari's registered in Ireland. Made sense to try and avoid paying VRT before but there's no reason to now as most of it can be claimed back if you export it.

In Italy, the annual road tax for a Ferrari is €10k a year compared to €2k here. Countries like Denmark, Australia and China place a 100%+ tax on luxury cars making our VRT charges seem reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit mad trying to work out the number of Ferraris in the country by one saying I seen one in the Docklands a few weeks back, somebody else coming along and saying I seen two in Ballsbridge and somebody else saying I seen one in Kildare etc etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

There have been at least 5 or 6 irish regged Ferraris on the cannonball over the years,used to be a 355 in cork but gone a while,also a 599 around.

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit mad trying to work out the number of Ferraris in the country by one saying I seen one in the Docklands a few weeks back, somebody else coming along and saying I seen two in Ballsbridge and somebody else saying I seen one in Kildare etc etc?

I don't think anyone's doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

If only they made one with a 1.6 TDI the sales would rocket...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just passed a 01 Tipperary reg 360 Spider on the Naas dual carriageway.
    White stripe on the bonnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

How could you tell it was a replica from cartel.ie?

Did it say replica??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

TheNog wrote: »

Did it say replica??

turns out it wasn't a replica..

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

I've seen two -D- reg 599's over the past two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

turns out it wasn't a replica..

Seen that tipp reg one a few times. There's also a black 360 close enough to me.

In Waterford there's a fella with 3, he has a
    308 gtb(magnum pi model)
    F40
    Dino ( I've a suspicion that this may be a replica though, but an excellent replica of it is )

His cars were all on German plates but if I remember right he has a house over there too so can get away with not vrt ing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

discodavie wrote: »

That cannot be correct, I have personally seen an 09 registered 599.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

How does that work?? He has an address in England or Germany etc but does that mean that he needs to be resident there, ie spend over half the year out of ireland? Or is there a limit to how long the car can be in Ireland every year?? If this is true, why not just buy a bedsit for pennies in England and get away with no vrt!!??
    Seen that tipp reg one a few times. There's also a black 360 close enough to me.

In Waterford there's a fella with 3, he has a
    308 gtb(magnum pi model)
    F40
    Dino ( I've a suspicion that this may be a replica though, but an excellent replica of it is )

His cars were all on German plates but if I remember right he has a house over there too so can get away with not vrt ing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

porsche959 wrote: »
    That cannot be correct, I have personally seen an 09 registered 599.

I don't think that includes imports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I don't think anyone's doing that.

Hmm. reading some of the responses it would almost seem some are though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

How does that work?? He has an address in England or Germany etc but does that mean that he needs to be resident there, ie spend over half the year out of ireland? Or is there a limit to how long the car can be in Ireland every year?? If this is true, why not just buy a bedsit for pennies in England and get away with no vrt!!??

It was a while since I've seen them but if I remember right, his main residence is in Germany as is his business. I know at the time the F40 was over for a show and spent most of its life over there, but the other two were over here a lot.

I'd find out more if I knew the man, but I just happened to be buying car parts from him and being nosey asked him for a look. Beautiful cars and got a spin in the gtb.

Just goes to show, you never know what's in people's sheds, and with the collapse of the cetic tiger, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of hidden cars in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Did it say replica??

No, it would say something other than Ferrari...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Just saw a 308 in Dublin 2 this evening, looking lovely.

There must be a fellow who owns two, as I'd often see a yellow one and a red one driving the same route on the south quays on alternate mornings. I think one of them was a 355.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I'd say close to 100 in the South and more in the North. I know of two close to me and have seen plenty of others around Dublin alone.

They generally only see the summer months so more about than you would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Did it say replica??

Here's an example. The first is an actual Ferrari, the second is a replica based on a Toyota MR2

• Advertisement
Advertisement