Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off The Laois - Half Marathon & 10k, 23 November 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I've done the last two events the three guys organised. Both were very well run, so if the excellent charities don't persuade you then the promise of a well-run race should.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 meathrunner

Thinking of registering for this, was just wondering is half marathon route in November same as July half?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Thinking of registering for this, was just wondering is half marathon route in November same as July half?

The route is currently under review. We have a meeting next week to confirm all after a full safety review is complied from our July event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rorytr

Hi

I am looking to enter 4 of us for your half marathon in November 14.Can you advise me where to do this

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Keep the info coming when you have it Claude. Pretty interested in doing the Half in November...

• Advertisement

rorytr wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to enter 4 of us for your half marathon in November 14.Can you advise me where to do this

Thanks

You can enter here http://precisiontiming.primo-solutio...alfMarathon10k

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Keep the info coming when you have it Claude. Pretty interested in doing the Half in November...

The route in July was anti clockwise, will believe the route will be the same only clockwise !

This is the mock up of our medal for November !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Any more news on this folks?

Beef wrote: »
    Any more news on this folks?

Sorry i've been off the radar for the last while.

Medals are ordered, route is set, we are over 20% full already.

We'll have a lovely feed of homemade soup and sambos at the end line to warm you up as well !

And we're sorting a little branded gift as well.

• Advertisement

Here's a pic of the branded gift each runner will get at registration on the morning of the race !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Race looks good, I'm in :)

We are now just about 40% full and filling FAST. Once we hit 350 entry will close !

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Will there be pacers for the half marathon ?

Thanks,
    F.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Prizes for first 3 in 10k this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Prizes for first 3 in 10k this time?

Yes there are pacers in the half

1:30, 1:45 & 2:00

And yes prizes have been upgraded as we have sponsorship to cover them. As i said its a charity event and we're trying to give the best value possible and that includes pacers and better prizes.

As each event passes we try to improve what we can offer for your entry fee while still raising as much as possible for our charities.

So far we have

Chip timing
    fully signed and marshaled course
    bespoke medal
    branded gift
    prizes for 1,2,3 in male & female in both distances
    Homemade soup and sambos afterwards
    and of course a banana at the end line.

All for 25 or 15

AND ALL profits go to charity, not 1%, 5% or 10% of profits...........ALL OF THEM !!!!

There was another thread about a movember event and it being a "charity" event, well i can say we 100% are and very proud of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I'm in, and looking forward to this one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

The route is currently under review. We have a meeting next week to confirm all after a full safety review is complied from our July event.

Is the 10k route available anywhere?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

I'm in for the half, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Any recommendations for a hotel/b&b in the area. Thinking of travelling up from Limerick with the missus for it. Might make a weekend of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Ballyfin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I was wondering if there was any hope Portalington GAA or Gracefield GAA would provide showering facilities after the run. I know a few lads coming from a good distance away and it's a cold old time of the year not to have a showers after a run. More chance of them sticking around after then if they can get a shower and change of clothes somewhere.

We are working on it at the moment. We will have changing rooms at the GAA but we don't know about showers. With 350 people running we want to have the same for all runners and hot water for 350 might not be feasible but as i said its being investigated.

Re staying up for the weekend, pop me a PM and i'll give you some places.

Just an update that we have over 200 now registered and the event is limited to 350 so get registering as when we hit 350 we are closed !

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

Signed up for the Half. Really looking forward to it. Great to see there will be pacers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Wave as you run by me doing my 10K

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Hi. What time are the races due to start at? Thanks.

Hi. What time are the races due to start at? Thanks.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Half 11:00
    10k 11:30

Routes are on our FB page. www.facebook.com/upandover

As of tonight there are less than 100 places left and we have sorted out showers as well. We will have a limited number of free wristbands for showers in the Leisure centre and after that they are only 1 euro !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Half 11:00
    10k 11:30

Routes are on our FB page. www.facebook.com/upandover

As of tonight there are less than 100 places left and we have sorted out showers as well. We will have a limited number of free wristbands for showers in the Leisure centre and after that they are only 1 euro !

Don't think that link is working great - not on a phone anyways

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Don't think that link is working great - not on a phone anyways

https://www.facebook.com/UpAndOverTri

Page name changed recently but link didn't ugh !

Advertisement