Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off The Laois - Half Marathon & 10k, 23 November 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Just over 70 places left. Once we hit the magic 350 we will be closed for entry so get in there while you can !

http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/OffTheLaoisHalfMarathon10k/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Just entered. Need something like this to keep me motivated over the winter!

martyoo wrote: »
    Just entered. Need something like this to keep me motivated over the winter!

Great to hear ! It should be a great day and you're helping to raise funds for two worthy charities !

Only 55 places left in total. We will try to get another 50 but its not looking good to have the extra medals in time !

So when we sell out that's it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Just entered for the 10K there, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Great to see people entering !

Down to 45 places !

15 places left..............just saying;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Myself and a friend have registered already for the half.

More importantly....what flavour soup are we having? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭krafty

Hey Claude - just entered the half marathon. What's the plan for water stations on the route? Thanks

I do love me a medal.

• Advertisement

krafty wrote: »
    Hey Claude - just entered the half marathon. What's the plan for water stations on the route? Thanks

They'll be one every 5k ( 4 in total ) with 250ml bottles of water ideal for carrying.

We expect the race to fill over the weekend so if you're on the fence time to hop off !!

And a lovely medal it is !

A very nice man popped my ribs back in for me today so I should be able to run this without being in pain for half of it :D

A very nice man popped my ribs back in for me today so I should be able to run this without being in pain for half of it :D

Well there's toilets at half way ish so climb in there go asleep and when they are collected you can get a lift back into town;)

Last warning, the event ( even with an extra 50 places ) will sell out over the weekend.

Once we close there will be no more places and no entry on the day either.

This was our 1st year doing this event and going on July we thought we'd just about fill 350, well we've hit 400 with ease and could have done 500 but bespoke medals take time and cost a bit so we limited our numbers and costs !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Just signed the gf up for the 10k. I'm sure she will be delighted right? :pac:

WE ARE SOLD OUT !!!!

Please see the post on our FB page about reopening the race.............

Ok all after my phone almost expolded last night with people who missed out an entry we've had a conference call and decided to re open with LIMITED places.

Anyone who enters from today onwards will have their medal posted out to them about two weeks after the event. If you are not happy with this then don't sign up.

We have 420 registered and as soon as the extra places are filled we will close and that will be it.

We sold almost 50 places in 3 days so these places will sell out FAST so get in when you can.

http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/OffTheLaoisHalfMarathon10k/

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

Ok all after my phone almost expolded last night with people who missed out an entry we've had a conference call and decided to re open with LIMITED places.

Anyone who enters from today onwards will have their medal posted out to them about two weeks after the event. If you are not happy with this then don't sign up.

We have 420 registered and as soon as the extra places are filled we will close and that will be it.

We sold almost 50 places in 3 days so these places will sell out FAST so get in when you can.

Very fair :) Really looking forward to this event

• Advertisement

Gulp, over 500 runners registered. we are blown away to have so many runners for a first time event in the midlands.

Medals and branded gifts have arrived, pacers and their t shirts are sorted, soup and sambos are ordered and all that's left is for 500 plus runners to take to the start line !!!

Race brief will be out next week and we'll post here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Gulp, over 500 runners registered. we are blown away to have so many runners for a first time event in the midlands.

Medals and branded gifts have arrived, pacers and their t shirts are sorted, soup and sambos are ordered and all that's left is for 500 plus runners to take to the start line !!!

Race brief will be out next week and we'll post here as well.

What's the breakdown between 10K and Half peoples?

long_b wrote: »
    What's the breakdown between 10K and Half peoples?

350 to 150 and 65% female:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Only 150 doing HM Claude?

Ah balls. I'll definitely be last in that case :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Ah balls. I'll definitely be last in that case :/

I might be competing for 'first from the back' position :p

Fiftyplus wrote: »
    Only 150 doing HM Claude?

Nope 350 for the half and 150 for the 10k

We're very happy with the numbers to be honest. Its a greatr builder for 2015 and our two planned events.

Just confirmed this morning that we will have free parking available in Portarlington Train Station which is 400m from registration. We'd ask all runners to park in the station and keep the roads and area around registration clear of traffic. There will be no parking or access to the GAA on the morning of the race via car.

Last 5 places have just been released we are over 520 runners in total now and the 5 are people who have defered until 2015.

• Advertisement

So here, what kind of times are people going for here? I'm really thinking I could be last :eek:

Advertisement