Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image hosting

Options
  • 15-07-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭

How about developing a simple process within boards for displaying pictures? I post pics on a few different threads and find having to open attached photos from other posters to view them a pain, particularly now that some of them are 7MB and I've slow BB. The threads for pictures are great but when most are attachments rather than automatically displayed it takes from the experience.

I've used imageshack and am currently using photobucket and Imgur. But that takes effort on behalf of the poster. Most posters on the threads I hang out on (farming & forestry and construction and planning) don't bother going to the effort of displaying them. However I know if it was simple they would as I talked a number of posters through how to do it last year.

So why not some technology like whatsapp uses. Click attachment, it goes straight to your gallery, you pick the photo, and automatically a much reduced version appears in the post.

Surely it will mean less server space been cluttered with attached photos, and more photos being displayed making for a better website, more members etc etc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement