Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos not yet ready for 2015 leaving cert? Anxious & Nervous person here

• 15-07-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anyone feeling the heat even if leaving cert year didn't start yet?
    Can't believe it all those 5 years past by so fast.
    Anyway thoughts and feelings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

My advice, as someone who's just done the Leaving Cert, is not to stress. You're in a great position right now, with nearly a full year to prepare for the exams which is more than enough! Try not to get caught up in the hype of 6th year being "one of the toughest years of your life" because it'll only end up affecting how you view studying. Just take a practical approach to the year, starting your study in the first month or two and keeping on top of it. If you begin your preparation early in 6th year, you can take it more steadily, thus avoiding the stress of cramming as June draws nearer. A steady, yet focused effort is all you need to do well in your exams - there really is no need to panic about it. I wish you the very best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

You shouldn't feel ready for the Leaving Cert now, or in fact feel ready in September, October, The Pres, Easter, or even the day before the exams next June. I just finished the LC, and I can remember a teacher saying that to us, a bunch of weary 6th years last September, on a day with a particularly huge bundle of work to do.

His words went something like 'You won't be ready to sit that God-forsaken exam in 3 weeks time, or in October, or by the Pres, or infact, by the evening of the 3rd of June as you await the following morning. And that's okay you're not meant to be. You don't believe me, but I promise you all that by the time you get that paper infront of you on that day, you'll THEN be ready. BUT for now, you have to believe me that that's just how it works. I promise between us all here we'll have you ready'

I didnt believe him, none of us did. We stressed and panicked all year. But, unsurprisingly looking back now, he couldn't have been more correct. If you work and are motivated enough you'll get the rewards. There's no point in stressing about what's to come. Just do your bit from September and you'll reep the rewards later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Glynch93

Did the leaving cert 3 years ago. Don't panic! Stay on top of your study and you'll be fine. The sooner you start study the easier and more stress free it will be when June comes around. you'll feel you're ready to give it your all. Enjoy your summer and then once school starts. Give it all you got.

Advertisement