Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Makes Top Tourism Town Nomination

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

This I am honestly surprised with. It's not a nice place at all in my opinion. Dirty old stone walls etc. Depressing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think it is looking really well lately. I hadn't been there for years and was pleasantly surprised when I visited about 3 weeks ago. Kudos to the people responsible!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

I drove through it on Sunday and the place was a tip. Rubbish everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

The best thing about it is the fantastic view over Bellurgan, Jenkinstown, Rampark and Cooley. Beautiful scenery which us natives take for granted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I drove through it on Sunday and the place was a tip. Rubbish everywhere.

Very frustrating for those who put in the effort to keep the area clean, pleasant, and appealing that some disrespectful selfish idiots cant walk a short distance to a bin to discard their rubbish - leaving the pubs drunk or not and after a visit to Mullens. Its not as if there are no bins provided!

Irish weather can make the most beautiful scenic areas dank when its overcast and drizzling, but when the sun shines and the tide is in, Blackrock and across the bay and to Cooley Mountains is up there with some of the best scenery in the country. We really are not very good at recognising the positives of our own region while visitors rave on about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Very frustrating for those who put in the effort to keep the area clean, pleasant, and appealing that some disrespectful selfish idiots cant walk a short distance to a bin to discard their rubbish - leaving the pubs drunk or not and after a visit to Mullens. Its not as if there are no bins provided!

Irish weather can make the most beautiful scenic areas dank when its overcast and drizzling, but when the sun shines and the tide is in, Blackrock and across the bay and to Cooley Mountains is up there with some of the best scenery in the country. We really are not very good at recognising the positives of our own region while visitors rave on about it!

You've hit it on the head, Nesta. It seems like one of the above posters has something against Blackrock.

On a sunny day, it's still one of my favourite places to take a cycle or a walk. It's kept very well too. Blackrock Tidy Towns do a fantastic job of maintaning and taking care of the area. Apart from the ignorant people who leave rubbish around occassionally, it's a beautiful village and I enjoy living in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Oh I'm not sure there is any agenda against Blackrock, and why would there be? Similar littering happens in town!

Advertisement