Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reseller / Logistics

Options
  • 16-07-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everybody.
    Could anyone help me with this. There is a man who works with wood in European country and he plans to extend his business abroad.
    I already thought about storage here in Ireland.
    Just one thing bother me.
    What do I need if I want to sell those items here. Any permit? Do I need to create company or just need resellers permit or something.
    Because if I was selling just few items I could do that on advertising sites like done deal or adverts.
    But the items he does usually sold in bulk. (Bee Hives)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 simon legg

Fenixas wrote: »
    Hello everybody.
    Could anyone help me with this. There is a man who works with wood in European country and he plans to extend his business abroad.
    I already thought about storage here in Ireland.
    Just one thing bother me.
    What do I need if I want to sell those items here. Any permit? Do I need to create company or just need resellers permit or something.
    Because if I was selling just few items I could do that on advertising sites like done deal or adverts.
    But the items he does usually sold in bulk. (Bee Hives)

Thank you.

Hi If the goods are sold within the eu, then its free circulation so no duties or taxes apply, any company in europe is free to sell to anyone in europe thats the whole idea of the free trade agreement, the main cost will be the freight shipping, cheapest way is to bulk ship them and store them and distribute in the country of destination Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

If they're made in the EU and properly sourced then there is no problem with importing them into Ireland. You will need to keep documentation as in invoices etc as proof for 5 years. As they are part of the EU there is no duty. If they are being sold to you he may need to charge VAT if you are not VAT registered. If you have a business and are VAT registered then he will not need to charge you VAT.

They are free to sell then as you wish in Ireland. If you are not VAT registered the limit on sales per year at which you need to register is €75,000.

Advertisement