Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel Eircom Access Point

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

No apology necessary :)
    The P660 doesn't have a WAN port (Just a DSL (RJ11) and 4x Ethernet)

Currently I have the P660 WAN settings as Ethernet (Eth 1) and the encapsulation as Ether on a subnet of its own (so I need a DHCP server)

No particular reason why I have a static IP, but I've another device with a static IP so it was easy to remember.

If I put the P660 WAN settings to ADSL and Bridge, what other settings should I set? There's a handful of settings which I've no idea about, so perhaps you could advise?

Yes ideally I would have just the one DHCP server - would make life easier! Is there a difference between having the DHCP settings set to 'None' and 'Relay'?

If still using it as a router, relay would allow another DHCP server on your network to assign IP addresses etc 'none' would suggest you are using static addressing.

However, setting it to bridge mode should turn off any DHCP settings, and the F1000 should look after it.

The only slightly confusing thing here is the encapsulation; when set to bridge mode, this really shouldn't matter or be an option as the encapsulation / connection is being handled by the F1000.

Try this:

1. Factory reset the p660
    2. After it reboots, connect to its Web GUI (192.168.1.254 or whatever is written on the bottom of the unit).
    3. Change Network setting from Router to Bridge, and wait for settings to apply.
    4. Connect ethernet from any ethernet port of the F1000 (via home plugs) to Lan port 1 on the P660.
    5. Try connecting wirelessly to the p660 using its SSID / password.

Should work...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

If still using it as a router, relay would allow another DHCP server on your network to assign IP addresses etc 'none' would suggest you are using static addressing.

However, setting it to bridge mode should turn off any DHCP settings, and the F1000 should look after it.

The only slightly confusing thing here is the encapsulation; when set to bridge mode, this really shouldn't matter or be an option as the encapsulation / connection is being handled by the F1000.

Try this:

1. Factory reset the p660
    2. After it reboots, connect to its Web GUI (192.168.1.254 or whatever is written on the bottom of the unit).
    3. Change Network setting from Router to Bridge, and wait for settings to apply.
    4. Connect ethernet from any ethernet port of the F1000 (via home plugs) to Lan port 1 on the P660.
    5. Try connecting wirelessly to the p660 using its SSID / password.

Should work...

Just tried this and it didn't disable the DHCP server. Could it be that the P660 can't be used as an access point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just tried this and it didn't disable the DHCP server. Could it be that the P660 can't be used as an access point?

Can you disable the DHCP server? (or set to relay or similar?)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

Yep I can indeed.

What I'm now finding is that the one PC connected to the P660 by ethernet cable won't connect. It is getting an IP address and the right default gateway, but it says there is no internet access. This seems to be a feature of Windows 7, but I've no idea how to get around it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I am just joining this wonderful adventure myself now haha, any joy in the end?

• Advertisement
Advertisement