Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Runner looking for new MP3/Ipod

• 16-07-2014 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I wasn't sure whether to post here or in the running forum. I recently lost my MP3, the memory was full anyway and I had planned to buy a new one soon.

I am just wondering if there are any runners on here that could recommend a relative light MP3/Ipod with a long battery life? My apologies for being a complete noob in this department.

I use my MP3 mostly for running and sleeping at night, so basically every single day. It would need to be capable of sustaining a lot of wear and tear. I really haven't a clue what to buy. My last MP3 had very little memory (8GB) and it was full in no time and the battery would be dead in a shot.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

My gym buddy is a sansa clip+, it has 8gb memory with a microsSD slot too so i've added another 16gb on to of that. I'd regard battery as poor, getting 8-10 hrs out of it, but it's fine for how I use it I just have to remember to charge it often and it does charge quickly. My clip+ is a tough lil bugger, it's nearly 4 years old and I haven't treated it with any great care but I've read posts from others who have had busted headphone jacks - don't think this is a widespread thing but more something that can happen with any device. There's a newer version called the clip zip, i've never used it and would probably just get another clip+ if my current one died because this one's been solid.

Advertisement