Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pampers ðŸ˜

Options
  • 16-07-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I'm having a seriously bad couple of weeks with pampers at the min.

I've ALWAYS used them with my daughter. The baby dry ones. She's 2 since April and on size 6.

However I dunno is it a bad batch of they have changed them in some way..... but the last few weeks... I've had to wake her before I go to bed as she's soaked to her armpits... and the smell coming from them when she is wet would make you vomit.

only twenty mins ago she was standing beside me with nappy vest and leggings on... she did a wee... and it actually poured out like she had no nappy on and went all over mine and her feet.. The poor child was distraught. and I had only changed her about an hour before :-(

can anyone relate??

are there other nappies around with a bigger fitting size 6??

I'm due number 2 in 4 weeks and I have bought pampers for him but if they have changed them I'm afraid to use them now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I've never got on with pampers at present am using Dunne's own brand on my 15 month old and 3 month old and they both sleep 12 hours a night even 13 hours and never leak.. Also used Tesco own brand they have 5+ I'd imagine a 6 too maybe have a look but both Dunne's and Tesco are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Tried them for the first week with my little boy, never again. He would be soaked through within an hour and a half and whatever chemicals were in them gave him huge blisters on his bum :( Switched to aldi nappies and never looked back, not so much as a trace of nappy rash since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh my girl (2 in april) has no problems in them. She's in size 5+ no issues. Have you only recently changed size are they maybe too big (hopefully not too small). My friend uses Tesco 5+ and swears by them . I use aldi for baba 16 weeks and buy pampers for both when on offer. Baba is changed that much anyway so it doesn't matter what he's in but my 2 year old could be 12-13 hours at night and no leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

No she's been in size six a while now. It just happened again. I'll have to go tesco and maybe try theirs (closest shop to me) cuz it's really upsetting the poor child :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

No she's been in size six a while now. It just happened again. I'll have to go tesco and maybe try theirs (closest shop to me) cuz it's really upsetting the poor child :(

Oh no. Hope you get on ok with tesco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I think Pampers have a size 6+ too. Would you try them? My little mans nappies leak when they are not fitting him right. Dont know if that's the case with you :)

Yeah they seems to fit. like it's not a strain to close them and they cover all her bits. never ever had a poo spillage. its just lately. just got a sample of the supervalu ones. Gunna try them for the rest of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Have you tried the active fit pampers? We had the same problem with the normal ones, leaking like crazy, and a wise person here suggested the active fut. works like a treat. Aldi nappies are good as well, I personally don't like Supervalu ones as they clump weirdly when wet.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I'm having a seriously bad couple of weeks with pampers at the min.

I've ALWAYS used them with my daughter. The baby dry ones. She's 2 since April and on size 6.

However I dunno is it a bad batch of they have changed them in some way..... but the last few weeks... I've had to wake her before I go to bed as she's soaked to her armpits... and the smell coming from them when she is wet would make you vomit.

only twenty mins ago she was standing beside me with nappy vest and leggings on... she did a wee... and it actually poured out like she had no nappy on and went all over mine and her feet.. The poor child was distraught. and I had only changed her about an hour before :-(

can anyone relate??

are there other nappies around with a bigger fitting size 6??

I'm due number 2 in 4 weeks and I have bought pampers for him but if they have changed them I'm afraid to use them now

My 6 month old is in size 4 and I too am having disasters with pampers. At night time I will only use dunnes stores own brand as he sleeps a good 11/12 hours! they are actually a little bigger than pampers and more padding. You should try Aldis and lidl too they are excellent. Lidl are thin but are grand! I did not like supervalu magic very thin and leaked a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I think pampers baby dry have changed, they are much thinner than they used to be. The tesco ones in the green pack were good when I used them, they are better than the super valu ones anyway.

I was over in Ireland recently and used the pampers pull on nappies and they were good. Maybe they would be worth a try? My daughter is 2 also and is getting a bit big for the pull down nappy changing tables. With those ones it's easy to change her standing up in a cubicle if I have to which is handy.

• Advertisement

Just to keep you updated. ..

yes those magics are utter sh!te. ten times worse than the pampers. glad my local supervalu had a basket of free samples and i didnt go and buy a packet!

got himself to stop into tesco on the way home. He turned up with size 5+ in the purple tesco ones.. superfit. . from what I can work out are same as pampers activities.

anyways. She slept 8 till 8.. and no leakage thanks be to god.

The next two hours will tell. but so far I'm impressed. dunno why I never tried them before.

If today goes well ill be popping a packet in my hospital bag for newborn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Try the aldi nappies as well, i found them better than pampers. Sometimes it's about the fit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

I have to wonder if some of you are using the correct sizes, if that's the reason you're having problems. My fairly average-sized 1.5 year old is in Baby-Dry 4, and accidents are rare. My (admittedly thin) nearly-3 year old only uses nappies for poo, and goes in 4+, or even a 4 at a push. A 4 on either of them at 6 months would definitely result in leaks, because they just wouldn't fit properly. And a 6 would be hanging off my 3 year old. 6 is supposed to be 15kg+!

3 seems a bit old to me for toilet training too, but that's a whole other thread I suppose.

daveohdave wrote: »
    I have to wonder if some of you are using the correct sizes, if that's the reason you're having problems. My fairly average-sized 1.5 year old is in Baby-Dry 4, and accidents are rare. My (admittedly thin) nearly-3 year old only uses nappies for poo, and goes in 4+, or even a 4 at a push. A 4 on either of them at 6 months would definitely result in leaks, because they just wouldn't fit properly. And a 6 would be hanging off my 3 year old. 6 is supposed to be 15kg+!

3 seems a bit old to me for toilet training too, but that's a whole other thread I suppose.

thanks for your concern about what age I should be toilet training. my 2 years and 3 months old daughter is not ready for toilet training. maybe your child was quicker but I know myself she is not ready!

as for the nappy sizes... I'm confident they are the correct size. There is no way a size 4 would work on her. I assume you realise the weight on the packet is a GUIDELINE and every child is a different shape.

but anyway. Thanks to everyone for their advice but I shall think twice about asking again as I don't appreciate being spoken to like a teacher scolding a school child.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

No need for histrionics, I was simply asking.

Advertisement