Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 Merc 115 for parts

• 16-07-2014 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Any idea where is best to advertise the sale for parts of a:
    2006 Mercury 115 optimax. 100 hours max

Any thoughts or ideas on whats the best to do:
    (a) Flog the lot in one go
    (b) Dismantle all parts and sell separate

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Done Deal and Adverts.ie would be your best bet.
    If you start selling it for parts you could have bits lying around for years but the gearbox, block and electrics should sell well if they are good.
    If you sell it in one pice it's out of your life :)
    As you are looking for another engine it might be worth getting the same one and keep it for spares.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

You might be better off putting an actual photo of your engine on your add, it might be just me but whenever I see a stock photo of a boat or engine I tend to skip the add for fear it's a scam or it's got something to hide.
    Just my two cents :) Good luck with the sale.

Advertisement