Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barking heads, puppy days.

• 16-07-2014 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭

We have a 3 month old pug puppy. We were originally feeding him Royal Can in pug feed, but switched to Barking Heads after it was recommended to us by the vet and the people in the pet shop.

Its calmed him down a lot, he's nowhere near as hyper as he was. The only thing now is the farts.

I'd say he farts 10-15 times a day, and they STINK like nothing I've ever smelled before. Is this normal or should I be worried? He's pooping as normal!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If he's farting the food may not be agreeing with him ... quick fix would be to mix in a spoon of natural yoghurt and see if it improves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

tk123 wrote: »
    If he's farting the food may not be agreeing with him ... quick fix would be to mix in a spoon of natural yoghurt and see if it improves.

OK great I'll try that! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

I use one of the slow dog bowls for my pup and it is great... she used to get the hiccups every time she ate until I got it!!!

LOL puppy hiccups - their whole body shakes with them lol! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Yeah he gets the hiccups a lot! I'll order one later if they don't have them in the pet shop

I have a plumber in and I'm mortified, every half hour there's a waft of rotten eggs :o hope he knows its the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

tk123 wrote: »
    LOL puppy hiccups - their whole body shakes with them lol! :)

It was so cute!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My two are On barking heads bad hair day for 2-3 years now, it took about 6 weeks to settle them (farts and poo probs) on it, but it calmed Oliver so much, and suited his stomach too after the initial few weeks.
    Helped Oliver's hair grow back too, I tried a rather expensive food and he lost half his hair!
    Watch the amount you feed, try smaller meals more often at first, helped the gas with Oliver. He's been on two meals a day since, I don't need to feed him a lot of it either.

mymo wrote: »
    My two are On barking heads bad hair day for 2-3 years now, it took about 6 weeks to settle them (farts and poo probs) on it, but it calmed Oliver so much, and suited his stomach too after the initial few weeks.
    Helped Oliver's hair grow back too, I tried a rather expensive food and he lost half his hair!
    Watch the amount you feed, try smaller meals more often at first, helped the gas with Oliver. He's been on two meals a day since, I don't need to feed him a lot of it either.

Sorry to go OT but what's the bad hair day one for - skin or coat..or both? My friend is having big problems with her setters skin atm they're not techy and won't get food online :o BUT there's a pet shop near enough to us that stocks BH. They tried fusspot already but mixing it with the arden grange - not a full switch and he still had problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Cooper's been on Barking Heads since he was a pup. I've more recently (about March when he blew his coat) switched to the big foot bad hair day variety as I noticed he had dandruff I guess. Anyway, the big foot bad hair day has cleared that all up. I've never noticed bad farts with him on any of the varieties. I ran short of his wet food one day and had to grab something from the supermarket - the smells coming from him were revolting then !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Tk, it's for skin and coat, highly recommend it for coat problems.
    I also give oily fish once a week and add a squirt of salmon oil few times a week.

Advertisement