Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attempted bike robbery in Palmerstown

• 16-07-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

Last Wednesday night a few people were drinking outside my house at roughly 5am in the morning.

They walked into my garden and tried to lift my Deauville out of the drive but couldn't because it was too heavy. They bent the handlebar doing so.

Next they moved onto my Fazer which was parked behind that bike but again it was too heavy and they dropped it which woke a few people up and damaged the bike.

It's interesting because they were not actually drinking. They were pretending to drink. Their bottle of wine and beer bottles were not opened.

I've since installed alarms on the bikes. They didn't touch the third bike which had an alarm on it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

F*ckers!!!
    Seems to be a right pain being a bike owner and living in a city these days!
    I suppose it could have been worse,but still f*ck that sh*t!!

BTW, how are u getting on with the "third bike"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Maybe the universe is trying to balance things out by taking one of the bikes off me!!

The "third" is brill. Took the paniers off it so its much more comfortable filtering through m50 traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Were you watching this go on....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Unfortunately not. The security cameras don't notify me if there is anything going on. I used to have them notifying me but they would just send me emails if someone is coming home late or a cat runs by.

Advertisement