Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Charge on Brooks Tickets

Options
  • 16-07-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

This is a situation I am sure many thousands of people find themselves, so I thought I would ask here.

I purchased 6 GB tickets on Feb 18th at a total cost of €447.30 (inc delivery)

6 tickets cost 392.70 (65.45 each)
    Service Charge 36.60 (6.10 each)
    Total TM charges were 429.30. However, I also paid €18 delivery charge form DHL and I am not sure if this will be recoverable. TM are refunding ticket and booking fees, but there is no mention of delivery charges, which they took payment for. As I see it; I paid for delivery of 6 good tickets and those tickets are not good. Where do I stand here? It's not a huge sum. It's not the fault of TM, but they are the ones who charged the delivery fee and I am the one out €18.

Any opinions on this?

NOTE: Please don't turn this into another GB thread. It's a genuine consumer issue that many people will have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would think there are things in the t&c that you can't get back. Tickets were delivered to you by DHL so you did get this service. Did you choose this or was it the default?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My thinking would be that you paid for items to be delivered by DHL and they did delivery them - and possibly have your signature to say they were received too. I doubt TM they are required to refund that cost to you. This is one of those things probably covered under the insurance they try to get people to sign up (not sure anyone ever does, I don't).

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

I'd be inclined to think they don't owe you a refund for delivery (unless they give you one out of courtesy) but I shouldn't think they're obliged to.

If they delivered themselves then perhaps. But the fact its DHL would lead me to suspect that no refund will be applied. They're paid to provide a service, which they did.

Even by putting it in the context of buying an item on ebay or other website, if DHL have to make a loss on every delivery they carry out just because a good is faulty etc, and its not their fault, I couldnt imagine how they'd operate in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

From the TM website...
    8. Refunds
    8.1 Occasionally, events are cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered by the team, performer or Event Partner for a variety of reasons. Contact us for exact instructions.
    8.2 Cancellation: If an event is cancelled (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund of the sale price of your ticket(s), including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee. If an event takes place over several days and one or more day(s) is/are cancelled (but not all the days constituting the event), a partial refund only may be payable corresponding to the day(s) cancelled.....

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

This would lead me to believe that the DHL portion of the cost is not refundable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html?tm_link=tm_i_ourpolicy
    8.2 Cancellation: If an event is cancelled (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund of the sale price of your ticket(s), including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee. If an event takes place over several days and one or more day(s) is/are cancelled (but not all the days constituting the event), a partial refund only may be payable corresponding to the day(s) cancelled.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/service_charges.html
    Third Party Order Processing Fee
    We offer our customers a variety of convenient delivery options. For the majority of delivery options, customers are not required to pay an order processing fee. However in some instances such as where International Mail or Secure Mail is offered on an event a per-order fee (regardless of how many tickets are purchased) may be added to the cost of a customer's purchase. Detailed below are the current order processing fee’s currently on offer for events in Ireland and Northern Ireland.

International Mail - €3.00 / £2.00
    DHL Secure Courier Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland - €18.00 / £15.00
    DHL Express Secure Courier Great Britain - €20.00 / £17.00
    DHL Secure Courier European Union - €22.00 / £18.00
    DHL Secure Courier USA/Canada - €25.00 / £22.00
    DHL Secure Courier International - €27.00 / £24.00

Not looking good but there's no harm in contacting them. If the tickets haven't been delivered yet you may be able to argue that the service has not and can not be rendered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

TM aren't even obliged to refund the service charge as they fulfilled the service (though you could imagine the Joe Duffy calls if they didn't).

I don't think that TM will refund the delivery charge as this service was provided for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Five Lamps wrote: »
    TM aren't even obliged to refund the service charge as they fulfilled the service (though you could imagine the Joe Duffy calls if they didn't).

I don't think that TM will refund the delivery charge as this service was provided for you.

There would be uproar. That's nearly 2.5 million in service charges. Not bad for a few hours work :pac:

I don't expect to get it back. Tbh, i won't bother trying. It's not their fault and not really their charge, but they might consider other, cheaper options in future. Being able to get real tickets printed at the local TM agent would be a good idea, cutting out delivery charges

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Five Lamps wrote: »

They are, because they've said they would in their T&Cs so it forms a binding part of the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

goz83 wrote: »
    There would be uproar. That's nearly 2.5 million in service charges. Not bad for a few hours work :pac:

I don't expect to get it back. Tbh, i won't bother trying. It's not their fault and not really their charge, but they might consider other, cheaper options in future. Being able to get real tickets printed at the local TM agent would be a good idea, cutting out delivery charges

Have the tickets been delivered?

If not, then the cost has not been incurred and should be refunded.

If they have, then its open to debate.

As for the €2.5m you quote - where did you get that figure? Many who bought online would have downloaded the tickets and many others would have chosen the standard post or collection option.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was the €3 option available at the time?

If you tickets get robbed in the regular postal system you just contact TM and they either send out new ones or you collect new ones at the box office on the day showing a CC as ID. The original ones will be cancelled and detected by their barcode if people try and go in.

This also means its less likely for them to be stolen by anyone involved along the line in the post system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

delahuntv wrote: »
    Have the tickets been delivered?

If not, then the cost has not been incurred and should be refunded.

If they have, then its open to debate.

As for the €2.5m you quote - where did you get that figure? Many who bought online would have downloaded the tickets and many others would have chosen the standard post or collection option.
    tickets were delivered. The quote was the service charge of €6.10 per ticket. 400k tickets.

Advertisement