Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continued eFibre delays in Castleknock?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Topic says it all, some answers would be great rather than the 'phased process' script which gets fed to the customer. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Topic says it all, some answers would be great rather than the 'phased process' script which gets fed to the customer. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi AlexjReilly

I can understand the details of the 'phased process' can be frustrating if you have not had efibre delivered to your specific area yet but there is really no other way of decribing this as rollout is indeed based on a phased process. coverage of efibre is based on the rollout of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where it is available upon exchange upgrade. The cabinets are indeed connected to the exchange by a fibre cable and works to deliver the cabinets will be completed on an ongoing basis.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]
    While the map indicates that efibre is available to areas located within the shaded green area this is not the case and works to roll out cabinets to areas within the shaded green zone is set to continue in to the future. For this reason there is a message located beside the map stating:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]"Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker"[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AlexjReilly

I understand, but surely the point of a phased rollout is that there is some sort of schedule? Rather then just relying on the process to dodge the question, it would perhaps be better to offer a realistic estimation so people can make the decision to take their business elsewhere. 3mb/s which feels more like less than 1mb/s most of the time in the centre of dublin is frankly absurd. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I understand, but surely the point of a phased rollout is that there is some sort of schedule? Rather then just relying on the process to dodge the question, it would perhaps be better to offer a realistic estimation so people can make the decision to take their business elsewhere. 3mb/s which feels more like less than 1mb/s most of the time in the centre of dublin is frankly absurd. 

I fully understand your views on this AlexjReilly

That does indeed make sense and would be much more helpful however efibre operations have informed me that all dates are provisional and as a result they will be unable to offer information to the level of detail you require. I wish I could offer you the information you require but at present that is just not possible – apologies.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement