Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty tap water

• 16-07-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hello,

For about 3 or 4 days now my tap water has been dirty. I had no water a few days ago. I don't know if they shut it off or what since they left no notice in to the house to let us know of any outages but ever since then there has been little bits of dirt in the water. They are a red/brown hue and while when the water came back out it was brown for awhile the water is now crystal clear except for these fragments.

Does anyone in the janesboro area have the same problem? How can I get this fixed as I have not been able to have a glass of water in a few days and would rather not have to keep buying bottles in aldi.

I have left the water run for hours but it does not alleviate the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Hi , living in Janesboro as well and tbh the water atm is crystal clear which is not something I would often say . We always filter the water here as sometimes it can smell like a swimming pool with the amount of chlorine they put in it and for a day or two a few days ago I did notice it 'off colour' . But like I said it is fine today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

jonski wrote: »
    Hi , living in Janesboro as well and tbh the water atm is crystal clear which is not something I would often say . We always filter the water here as sometimes it can smell like a swimming pool with the amount of chlorine they put in it and for a day or two a few days ago I did notice it 'off colour' . But like I said it is fine today .

Thanks for the reply.

What I have noticed is that sometimes the water is clear but other times it will have these fragments in them.

Does anyone know where to go from here? Do I report it to the council or somewhere else?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Report it to Irish Water I believe now. Www.water.ie
    Place I work had a similar problem this week but it's OK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Could be something to do with the water metering perhaps?

Either that or buy a water filter.

Most people use them nowadays and you can taste the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

What filters do people use?

Is there one that you can hook directly to the water supply? Those britta ones wont fit in my fridge as it's quite small.

• Advertisement
Advertisement