Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have modem two weeks - no internet

Options
  • 16-07-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

We ordered phone and broadband package. New line. Engineer came and installed line as agreed. All fine. Modem arrived 5-10 working days later. All fine. 5-10 working days for internet to activated and so far no internet.

Last Fri tech support said it would be switched on by the end of the day. No go. Rang again on Monday and was told it would be escalated. I rang again today and the guy on the phone basically just sent an email to the person I spoke to on Monday asking her to ring me with an update!

Can someone look into this for me please. Surely its just a flick of a switch! We have already received our first bill and have no service. 

Cheers. 
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

We ordered phone and broadband package. New line. Engineer came and installed line as agreed. All fine. Modem arrived 5-10 working days later. All fine. 5-10 working days for internet to activated and so far no internet.

Last Fri tech support said it would be switched on by the end of the day. No go. Rang again on Monday and was told it would be escalated. I rang again today and the guy on the phone basically just sent an email to the person I spoke to on Monday asking her to ring me with an update!

Can someone look into this for me please. Surely its just a flick of a switch! We have already received our first bill and have no service. 

Cheers. 
    S
    Hi Blogger50

Sorry to hear this, please PM me your account number & I'll look in to this.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Hi Al,

PM sent. 

Cheers.
    S

Hi Al,

PM sent. 

Cheers.
    S
    Thanks Blogger50

I'm having this investigated - as soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al,

Cheers,

S

Thanks Al,

Cheers,

S
    Hi Blogger50

I'm still waiting for an update from broadband operations but as soon as I have any information I will be in touch with you right away.

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Al,

Cheers,

S
    Hi Blogger50

I'm still waiting for an update from broadband operations but as soon as I have any information I will be in touch with you right away.

Al
    Thanks Al,  Still a red light on the modem anyway. We are anxious to get this sorted as our current internet will be off soon and dont want to end up with none! 

Cheers, 
    s

Thanks Al,

Cheers,

S
    Hi Blogger50

Al
    Thanks Al,  Still a red light on the modem anyway. We are anxious to get this sorted as our current internet will be off soon and dont want to end up with none! 

Cheers, 
    s
    I understand the urgency Blogger50

I'm still awaiting a resolution - I'm actively chasing this up for you though

Al

Thanks Al, appreciate it. 

S

Thanks Al, appreciate it. 

S

Hi Blogger50

I have had details from broadband operations that there were issues with your broadband order (cable path issues). As a result there was a requirement to update details and work on cable path to exchange level. Most of this work is now complete and your broadband order (6663832CH) should be complete within the next three working days. I understand you have been waiting quite a long time for this by now but I do appreciate your patience and I would like to assure you that I have marked this as upmost priority.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, I really appreciate all your help with this. Going to give it till end of the day tomorrow and see what happens. 

S

• Advertisement

Thanks Al, I really appreciate all your help with this. Going to give it till end of the day tomorrow and see what happens. 

S
    Thanks Blogger50

I appreciate your patience with this.

Al

Advertisement