Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

I've just realised that Costa and Bojan are 1mil cheaper than dzeko and giroud, so I can have the defenders and midfielders from the first team, with the front line of the second one.

That leaves the team looking like :

Terry debuchy Shawcross
    Mata Hazard Siggy Eriksen
    Bojan Costa Rooney

Subs: o'shea, Coloccini, Albrighton.

I actually quite like that team, but it means playing Albrighton or Bojan every week, unless I go 442!

Jesus, this game would put you in an early grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yeah but remember L'pool before Suarez came in last year? They were as tight as anything. 3 or 4 clean sheets in a row. I expect Rodgers to be much more conservative this time round without a plan A route to kick to Suarez. Lovren is a great defender and I think its a good choice.

That's a good point. Rodgers' teams were certainly good for clean sheets in the two seasons prior to last year.

Lovren could be good for a goal too. 2 goals last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

I've just realised that Costa and Bojan are 1mil cheaper than dzeko and giroud, so I can have the defenders and midfielders from the first team, with the front line of the second one.

That leaves the team looking like :

Terry debuchy Shawcross
    Mata Hazard Siggy Eriksen
    Bojan Costa Rooney

Subs: o'shea, Coloccini, Albrighton.

I actually quite like that team, but it means playing Albrighton or Bojan every week, unless I go 442!

Jesus, this game would put you in an early grave.

Not sure about 2 Chelsea attackers myself, might be better switching Hazard to an Arsenal mid to bring so balance and Ramsey would free 1m to improve Albrighton.....

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Not sure about 2 Chelsea attackers myself, might be better switching Hazard to an Arsenal mid to bring so balance and Ramsey would free 1m to improve Albrighton.....

I'd favour a Chelsea mid over Costa myself. Strikers at Chelsea generally do score quite well but their game is also about holding the ball up and bringing the midfielders into the game.

I'd stick with:

DeGea Myhill
    Debuchy Terry Shawcross +2 4.0 defs
    Mata Hazard Siggy Eriksen Albrighton
    Dzeko Rooney giroud

Cheers for the input lads.

@rosco....I know what you mean, but away to burnley and home to Leicester are their first two fixtures. If it was later in the season, people would be stocking up on Chelsea attackers, as they could conceivably score 7 or 8 in the 2 games. If Costa gets 10+pts in gw1,people will be all over him.

@Lemlin despite what I've said above, I still think my 343 is stronger overall. If I get a hint of dzeko being out of favour, though I'll change. Maybe downgrade Shawcross and bring in jelavic for Bojan.

Thanks again for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Decent article from Michael Cox on Liverpool tactically without Suarez....

http://www.freebets.org.uk/blog/how-liverpool-can-adapt-to-suarez-departure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

My first draft is as follows

De gea
    Van Anaholt, Davies, Debuchy
    Sanchez, Hazard, Nasri, De jong
    RVP, Bony, Nugent

Subs: Gill, Albrighton, Santon, Wisdom

What ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I've decided that Costa is the target this Chelsea midfield have been waiting for and am taking a chance on him. If it doesn't work out I'll get to see who is performing in their midfield and be able to change easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Is anyone considering Pelle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Doris300 wrote: »
    Is anyone considering Pelle?

Not from the get go, will definitely be keeping an eye on him though. Needs to be seen how Southampton fare with half their team after legging it first imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ok, it's time I stuck my team up for comments.

Krul - Mannone

Evans - Huth - Taylor - Ward - Moore

Sanchez - Fabregas - Mata - Sigurdsson - Delph

Rooney - Dzeko - Giroud

I think most of it speaks for itself, In defence I can see Evans doing well at United, especially with their fixtures. So he's in a starter. Then it will be 2 out of Huth/Taylor/Ward. Had a look and these 3 have 2 good fixtures most weeks (except GW1) for the first 9 GWs (didn't look beyond that). Moore is filler but will hopefully start.

Any comments/suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Ok, it's time I stuck my team up for comments.

Krul - Mannone

Evans - Huth - Taylor - Ward - Moore

Sanchez - Fabregas - Mata - Sigurdsson - Delph

Rooney - Dzeko - Giroud

I think most of it speaks for itself, In defence I can see Evans doing well at United, especially with their fixtures. So he's in a starter. Then it will be 2 out of Huth/Taylor/Ward. Had a look and these 3 have 2 good fixtures most weeks (except GW1) for the first 9 GWs (didn't look beyond that). Moore is filler but will hopefully start.

Any comments/suggestions?
    Sanchez to Ramsey (plenty of other options, im liking eriksen/lamella) then De Gea in goals? For some reason i'm not convinced on sanchez, ill give him a week or two then get him if he hits the ground running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Having a look at this as a solid 3-4-3 team. What do you guys think?

FF14_14_Draft_6.png

Going with David De Gea as the only playing goalkeeper unless a 4.0M option gets a chance. Elliot will get games if Krul gets injured again though.

Taking a chance on Brown Ideye as a 6.0M striker given the uncertainty on whether Wickham is staying at Sunderland or first choice. He should be the No 1 striker at West Brom.

Have opted for Terry ahead of Felipe Luis due to the improvement in set-piece takers with Fabregas joining Chelsea and with Van Ginkel returning to fitness. Terry has already scored 3 in pre season and Zouma, Ivanovic and Cahill have had plenty of chances.

Huth also offers a threat from set-pieces and Stoke have an easy opening set of fixtures.

Having seen Chelsea in pre-season I'm confident of Diego Costa starting well.
    He's already shown a good understanding with Fabregas and Matic and is creating plenty of shooting opportunities for himself and others.
    He was central to the three goals scored against Vitesse with 2 Assists and winning the freekick Fabregas scored.
    He could be a bit of a card magnet though so there could be some 1 point games.

Have Gaston Ramires as a fifth midfielder so can change to 3-5-2 as necessary. He should be a decent option this season for 5.5M.

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Sanchez to Ramsey (plenty of other options, im liking eriksen/lamella) then De Gea in goals? For some reason i'm not convinced on sanchez, ill give him a week or two then get him if he hits the ground running.

Can't get DDG (have Evans/Mata/Rooney).

For some reason I'm not convinced Ramsey will do as well as last season. Don't know why I feel that. I've thought about Sanchez a lot. He's not someone I definitely want, but I think he will do well. I could go for someone at the start, but just not sure who!

Can't get DDG (have Evans/Mata/Rooney).

For some reason I'm not convinced Ramsey will do as well as last season. Don't know why I feel that. I've thought about Sanchez a lot. He's not someone I definitely want, but I think he will do well. I could go for someone at the start, but just not sure who!
    hes been impressive in pre season I think.. but that's preseason. Yeah its a tough one, maybe Yaya instead of Sanchez if you can move .5 around? other than that it's pretty solid.

• Advertisement

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    hes been impressive in pre season I think.. but that's preseason. Yeah its a tough one, maybe Yaya instead of Sanchez if you can move .5 around? other than that it's pretty solid.

I think if I was to change Sanchez for anyone, it would be Eriksen. But he's another one that doesn't seem to have done much in preseason yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I think I've been talked into Sigurdsson. :D Frees into 2-3mil to spend elsewhere which is also good. If he does crap, I'm holding Boards accountable. :pac:

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Decent article from Michael Cox on Liverpool tactically without Suarez....

http://www.freebets.org.uk/blog/how-liverpool-can-adapt-to-suarez-departure

Decent articles and makes me happier I've gone for Sturridge. He's basically up top now with no proper opposition at a club that scored plenty last year.

It also points to whate another poster said earlier - that Liverpool will be better at the back this season.

Rodgers didn't need to worry as much about defence last season when the SAS were banging them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Extremely tempted to go from this:

fbf3dd664eeb25f34a3c990c7e46d4c2.png

To this:

01dddc61e4ee2a12bcf7182d0e7f516c.png

The £4m defender is much of a muchness and I haven't chosen who exactly I will go for as that £6m striker yet.

Something Lemlin said in another thread regarding proven PL players in Ramsey, Sigurdsson, Evans and Sturridge over Sanchez, de Jong, Shaw and Dzeko has struck a chord. Those 4 changes are essentially the difference in this team.

I do think Sanchez and de Jong will prove to be excellent and worry slightly that if Sanchez in particular explodes from the off that I'd struggle to get him in, but sometimes the "boring" option is the better one.

More to think about and ponder anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lemlin wrote: »
    Decent articles and makes me happier I've gone for Sturridge. He's basically up top now with no proper opposition at a club that scored plenty last year.

It also points to whate another poster said earlier - that Liverpool will be better at the back this season.

Rodgers didn't need to worry as much about defence last season when the SAS were banging them in.

Better at the back but score a lot less - that's the question?

Must look up how many goals they averaged per game without Chewy for first 9 weeks.

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »

Must look up how many goals they averaged per game without Chewy for first 9 weeks.
    Plenty of 1-0 wins.. sturridge scoring most of them it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Tried out a 3-5-2 to see what it would look like, came up with this

Mannone
    Evans-Debuchy-Davies
    Sterling-Ramsey-Fabregas-DeJong-Sigurdsson
    Rooney-Sturridge

Krul-Taylor-Bruce-Naismith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Latest draft, any thoughts?

bvcrr2h.png

Plan is to rotate Hendo and Siggy for the first four GWs. I'm not 100% convinced of Costa, but I can't find a way to get Hazard in there and still pick a striker alongside Rooney and Giroud that I'm happy about. Defense rotates well home and away with Luis automatic, although I would struggle between Davies and Simpson for GW1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So my team as of now is the following.

De Gea (Mhyill)

Fillipe Luis , Debuchy , Lovern ( Vlaar , Bruce)

Mata , Hazard , Barkley , Sigurdsson (Albrighton)

Rooney , Remy , Costa

Any comments ? Advice ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is Luis not at risk of being rotated with Ivanovic, Azpilicueta and himself all likely to get games? Azpil to switch between left and right not a worry?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Call me crazy but I actually really like the look of this:

2lncmco.jpg

I think it's extremely well balanced without skimping up front. A nice balance of home and away fixtures with players who rotate. As of now I'm of the mind that I'll try and keep my WC if I can, or well not start the season with the intention of using it after GW3 anyway.

The 3 bench spots are up for grabs when Newcastle becomes more clear and the budget players make themselves known.

I think it's extremely well balanced without skimping up front. A nice balance of home and away fixtures with players who rotate. As of now I'm of the mind that I'll try and keep my WC if I can, or well not start the season with the intention of using it after GW3 anyway.

The 3 bench spots are up for grabs when Newcastle becomes more clear and the budget players make themselves known.

You're crazy! There's a giant Lukaku shaped problem with that team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is Luis not at risk of being rotated with Ivanovic, Azpilicueta and himself all likely to get games? Azpil to switch between left and right not a worry?

Was thinking he would start i dunno though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You're crazy! There's a giant Lukaku shaped problem with that team!

What's the problem with Lukaku?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

There's only one way to describe that team:

OFF TARGETT

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

OFF TARGETT

I agree. That team is a bit hit and miss.

For some reason, I think Luis is most nailed. I think even Terry could miss the odd match before a big CL tie with Ivan mostly filling in at CB. But I'd welcome a Chelsea supporter's view on that

What's the problem with Lukaku?

He's too inconsistent for me. Had him a few times last year and he never did well! That's probably more my fault than anything else, but still!

2lncmco.jpg

My major problem is that Lukaku isn't captained!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »

OFF TARGETT

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :cool:

s28zli.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXcPzDF9TxI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

As Luis is the only 'natural' left back he will start most games I'd imagine.

On a semi-related note, defenders are the one area of my team I can deal with a player being 'randomly rotated'. Defenders who are 'rested' (hate that term) are very unlikely to get a 1 point cameo, so it's likely that a sub will come in for them in my FF team. Hence why I never have non-playing subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

For some reason, I think Luis is most nailed. I think even Terry could miss the odd match before a big CL tie with Ivan mostly filling in at CB. But I'd welcome a Chelsea supporter's view on that

I was thinking Azpilicueta was the most nailed on due to his flexibility. Considering Mourinho was happy to completely freeze Cole out of the team to play Azpilicueta, he won't have problem playing him at LB.

I do see a danger attached to any Chelsea defender though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I agree. That team is a bit hit and miss.

Ah no i actually enjoy seeing teams that are a bit different. No one ever won this thing by playing it safe! @Mr_P, a risky effort no doubt, but no risk no reward :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

kennyb3 wrote: »

The ban was split over 2 seasons 4 games in 2012 2013 and 5 games in 2013 2014 sturridge got 9 goals in 9 games and they had 6 clean sheets. 15 goals in the 9 games but 6 of them came in one game v Newcastle. Only scored 5 goals in the first 5 games last season.

• Advertisement

2lncmco.jpg

I like it well balanced.

The ban was split over 2 seasons 4 games in 2012 2013 and 5 games in 2013 2014 sturridge got 9 goals in 9 games and they had 6 clean sheets. 15 goals in the 9 games but 6 of them came in one game v Newcastle. Only scored 5 goals in the first 5 games last season.

I'd certainly take 5 in 5 again this season. The thing is if LIverpool are winning games 1-0 like the start of last season and he's the scorer, he's also in with a good chance of the bps I'd imagine.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd certainly take 5 in 5 again this season. The thing is if LIverpool are winning games 1-0 like the start of last season and he's the scorer, he's also in with a good chance of the bps I'd imagine.

Sorry meant pool had 5 goals sturridge had 4 of them though I think.

Sorry meant pool had 5 goals sturridge had 4 of them though I think.

4 in five is still decent to be honest. You'd hope for maybe a bit more but I'd take it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Made some very slight changes.

316861.PNG

Dropped Dzeko and Silva for Nasri and Lukaku giving me some Everton cover. I would still like a Liverpool attacking option, but with Sturridge at 11.5m I just can't afford it without losing cover somewhere else.

I think it seems very balanced. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Made some very slight changes.

316861.PNG

Dropped Dzeko and Silva for Nasri and Lukaku giving me some Everton cover. I would still like a Liverpool attacking option, but with Sturridge at 11.5m I just can't afford it without losing cover somewhere else.

I think it seems very balanced. Any suggestions?

Wouldn't be too keen on Debuchy and Vlaar in from the start due to tough opening fixtures. You could try Huth and Neil Taylor for Stoke/Swansea rotation. I'd always be wary of Nasri and whether he'll get enough gametime but he could be a good pick, only time will tell. Man of the moment Matt Targett will more than likely be playing second fiddle to Ryan Bertrand. It's very hard to work out who will start of the 4m cheapies but I think Moore of Leicester could be in with a shout. Also downgrading Kasper to a 4m keeper gives you an extra .5m to play with if you so desire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Complete reshuffle. Take 23!!

cf0ae2cd3569dea0315c2432c9b7a0ef.png

I had Sturridge in but not entirely sure how good Liverpool will be without Suarez and because of the increase in number of games they'll have this season. Sturridge will obviously be playing all Champs league games and might get rested for some league games?? Unlikely, but possible. He's also very injury prone but could be easily transferred out if he did get injured

I put Fabregas in for Hazard. Just a gut feeling on this that he'll have a great season. Played behind Costa in the last friendly. He's an assist machine and is a proven PL player.

Very unsure about having 3 Man United players but Mata can be transferred out for Sanchez if need be. I've just chosen Evans over De Gea for defensive cover.

There is still 3.5m left to play with anyway....................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

Changed my team AGAIN! Please rate and comment please for opinions.

One thing I cant have is the number of guys puttin in ron Vlaar on their teams. Do ye know the stats on how many clean sheets villa keep ( hardly any) ? and its not like the guy scores loads from set pieces or anything.

Anyway heres my team:

Goalkeepers : Krul / Schmiechael : Rotation policy on these two

Defense: Lovren, Caulker, Filipe Luis, Santon, Moore

Midfield : Mata, Silva, Hazard, Sigurdson, Albrighton. Very torn on fabregas vs Hazard.

Forward: Rooney , Costa and diouf. Think rooney is under valued by the game especially if utd continue this 352 system hes gauranteed to play st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Happy-ish with this bar Elmohamady. If Remy goes to Newcastle I'll keep him. If he doesn't then I'll probably switch to a cheaper forward and upgrade Elmo.

Ck498ZY.png

Current decisions:
    - Giroud + Silva or Dzeko + Ramsey?
    - Pieters or Caulker? Caulker scores but he's in a really bad defense.

2lncmco.jpg

unsure on arnautovic imo, that front line tho very nice. well played sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Draft #9527 at this stage, just wondering is it too much having 3 players from Man Utd and Arsenal and 2 from Spurs?

Krul, (Myhill)

Shaw, Davies, Debuchy, (Upson, Bruce)

Ramsey, Eriksen, Fabregas, Mata (Albrighton)

Rooney, Dzeko, Giroud

• Advertisement
Advertisement