Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Goddamit I thought I was in Mr P hipster mode picking Bojan and now it seems everyone has him..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Goddamit I thought I was in Mr P hipster mode picking Bojan and now it seems everyone has him..... :)

You had him before it was cool though :cool:

I think a lot of it in here might just be all the names we have for him now, the FSA likes to have it's heroes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'd far rather have Sanchez and him not do too much and have to transfer him for the extra million than have to work him into my team should he start well.

Hence his inclusion. I'm keeping Bojan because it's kinda funny. Probably stupid but funny. I hope he has a cracker. :pac:

You had him before it was cool though :cool:

I think a lot of it in here might just be all the names we have for him now, the FSA likes to have it's heroes!

Was considering swapping him for the lad from Leicester to save the extra 0.5m, but I can't now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Foster
    Debuchy - Evans - Davies
    Mata - Ramsey - Fabregas - Arnautovic
    Remy - Rooney - Dzeko

Guzan - O'Shea - Coloccini - Sigurdsson

Can rotate goalkeepers, Debuchy/Davies, O'Shea/Coloccini & Arnautovic/Siggy when needed re home fixtures.

Not too sure about Dzeko, could be changed to Bony or Giroud.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Dzeko is a bit meh. 8.0m for Jovetic? Will with of them play? Save yourself .5m but the risk is arguably higher. His pre-season form deserves him a start but that's pre-season for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Keep coming back around to this. Not sure of the value of a central defender like Evans in a 3-5-2,so got De Gea back in goal..

Austin and Rooney I am going to keep I'd say. 3rd spot is still up in air and with €1.5 left I have a little room to change.

Mata, Hazard, Ramsey and Siggy speak for themselves maybe a little doubt around Siggy for first 2 GW..

Any thoughts welcome, backline especially.

I love Mata as much as the next guy, but I think someone like Rooney up front is better value, especially with such good players in the 9m bracket.

I have Rooney up front, which covers United's attack, and Silva, Ramsey, Hazard and Erikson behind him. That's United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs covered. I would like to have a Liverpool attacking player, but I can't fit any in right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I love Mata as much as the next guy, but I think someone like Rooney up front is better value, especially with such good players in the 9m bracket.

I have Rooney up front, which covers United's attack, and Silva, Ramsey, Hazard and Erikson behind him. That's United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs covered. I would like to have a Liverpool attacking player, but I can't fit any in right now.

You have those teams covered but do you think Mata will score less than those mentioned?

You have those teams covered but do you think Mata will score less than those mentioned?

I haven't a clue how it's going to work out. You have me debating dropping Shaw and Erikson and putting in Mata and some other defender now! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

What about YaYa ? Very few people seem to have him in their teams here. Why not ? I know he has a big price but surly it is worth having him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

spindex wrote: »
    What about YaYa ? Very few people seem to have him in their teams here. Why not ? I know he has a big price but surly it is worth having him.
    He would be a very expensive differential at this point but a differential nonetheless.

Mr. Podston got inside my head. Just when I thought I had things figured out, too...

G'wan- tear it apart.

317411.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Exactly €100m spent on:

Goals: Begovic (5), Schmeichel (4.5)
    Defence: Shaw (6), Zabaleta (6.5), Coleman (7), Vlaar (4.5), Lovren (5.5)
    Midfielders: Mata (9), Henderson (6), Barkley (7), Puncheon (6), Yaya Toure (11.0)
    Forwards: Dzeko (8.5), Lambert (7.5), Ings (6).

Exactly €100m spent on:

Goals: Begovic (5), Schmeichel (4.5)
    Defence: Shaw (6), Zabaleta (6.5), Coleman (7), Vlaar (4.5), Lovren (5.5)
    Midfielders: Mata (9), Henderson (6), Barkley (7), Puncheon (6), Yaya Toure (11.0)
    Forwards: Dzeko (8.5), Lambert (7.5), Ings (6).
    Way too much spent on defensive players, maybe 2 really strong options in your front 8 (Mata and Toure), switch it around a bit I say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Any thoughts on this?

FF14_15_Draft_7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Mr. Podston got inside my head. Just when I thought I had things figured out, too...

G'wan- tear it apart.

317411.JPG

It's lovely to a degree - lovely midfield, but I see transfers in your future - Jovetic is a certainty after GW2/3/4. If Bojan doesn't perform? How many games would you give him before you think about out (1,2,3)?

Say Luis or Bavies (say 1 for example) don't start the first game - do you panic and make a transfer?

That's all before injuries and bandwagons.

I'd downgrade either Hazard or Sanchez (Fab & Ramsey) and upgrade your bench or change Jovetic to someone more long term (Bony/Lukaku etc). Nolt saying they are amazing options but likliehood is Jovetic will some points then be a minus 4 out.

I'd gamble on him if the rest of the team and bench was set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Never done this before, flew through the selection and came up with this.

De Gea

Debuchy
    Terry
    Shaw

Sanchez
    Fabregas
    Sigurdsson
    Henderson

Jelavic
    Costa
    Rooney

Subs - Mannone, Vlaar, Caroll and Cameron.

Thoughts? Advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

De Gea

Debuchy
    Terry
    Shaw

Sanchez
    Fabregas
    Sigurdsson
    Henderson

Jelavic
    Costa
    Rooney

Thoughts? Advice?
    Carroll is out for the next month
    I wud not have de gea and Shaw
    I'd downgrade Shaw
    no mata........
    Cameron is not first choice anymore for sure
    and villas fixtures from 4-8 are against all the top teams

De Gea

Debuchy
    Terry
    Shaw

Sanchez
    Fabregas
    Sigurdsson
    Henderson

Jelavic
    Costa
    Rooney

Thoughts? Advice?
    Good team, you can use the Henderson and Fabregas money better in my opinion though. You could switch Carroll to a player who will play in midfield instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I need a decent Defender and Midfielder for the bench but only have 9mil left...anyone decent spring to mind?

Edit - My mistake I have 10mil!

Edit 2 - Have changed it around a good bit.

Krul
    Mannone

Debuchy
    Terry
    Lovren
    Ward
    Vlaar

Sanchez
    Mata
    Sigurdsson
    Johnson
    McCarthy

Costa
    Rooney
    Jelavic

Think that's a bit better then the previous, I hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Draft 1:

7yiUzY.png

At the back:
    I think United and Chelsea will be the strongest two teams defensively over the season, and they have a favourable fixture list at the start so I've gone for De Gea and Luis. Swansea/Stoke and Palace/QPR have home & away rotation. I should be guaranteed two of my defense will be at home most weeks. Added bonus that Caulker and Huth are both goal threats. Pulis' teams are always solid at the back. Having 1 keeper means no more "Damn it, why didn't I play the other guy" frustration.

In the middle:
    Sanchez, Mata and Fabregas speak for themselves. Hazard hasn't had much of a pre-season and didn't play well in the world cup. Yaya is too expensive, Silva doesn't convince me, and Sterling has difficult enough fixtures. I think Siguardsson is the best option at 6.0. Arnatovic may be a mistake, but he is capable of big scores as we seen towards the end of last season.

Up front:
    Rooney has fantastic fixtures and seems to enjoy being pushed right up front in LVGs new system. Pelle is probably a mistake but I picked him for two reasons, an incredible goalscoring record in Holland and favourable fixtures. It's a bonus that he'll probably be their main man. Austin may struggle at PL level, but has scored goals in every league he's played so far. He will be the main man if Remy goes.

Feel free to rip my logic to bits.

No City players? They shipped a small country worth of goals last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Draft number 2,986,547 but I'm getting closer. I'll be leaving it like this until next week anyway:

fcd51270396dbcf3aab7e5d8dcb9e2ac.png

2 things are digging at me, but that's all, which shows I'm getting happier and happier with my team.

1) Getting Eriksen in for Sigurdsson. I could do it easily by downgrading Sanchez to Ramsey and Chester to a £4.0m (or Austin to Fletcher if he's starting), but in all honesty I'm not comfortable not being with Sanchez (and don't want Fabregas over Hazard) at the start. If things don't go well I can easily "downgrade" him to Ramsey freeing up plenty of funds, but I'd rather be with him than against him at that price at the beginning. I do think Sigurdsson will score well so no hassle here.

2) Who to choose as the £6m striker. I've done a bit of research on this but really I'm no closer. We can analyse Ings and Austin all we like but the truth is neither have kicked a ball at this level and we're guessing as to how they will do. We don't know who will start between Wickham or Fletcher so again we're guessing there.

Thoughts?

Are you sure on Mannone ? Poyet seemed unsure on first choice this season according to an interview I read somewhere.

Paully D wrote: »
    Draft number 2,986,547 but I'm getting closer. I'll be leaving it like this until next week anyway:

fcd51270396dbcf3aab7e5d8dcb9e2ac.png

2 things are digging at me, but that's all, which shows I'm getting happier and happier with my team.

1) Getting Eriksen in for Sigurdsson. I could do it easily by downgrading Sanchez to Ramsey and Chester to a £4.0m (or Austin to Fletcher if he's starting), but in all honesty I'm not comfortable not being with Sanchez (and don't want Fabregas over Hazard) at the start. If things don't go well I can easily "downgrade" him to Ramsey freeing up plenty of funds, but I'd rather be with him than against him at that price at the beginning. I do think Sigurdsson will score well so no hassle here.

2) Who to choose as the £6m striker. I've done a bit of research on this but really I'm no closer. We can analyse Ings and Austin all we like but the truth is neither have kicked a ball at this level and we're guessing as to how they will do. We don't know who will start between Wickham or Fletcher so again we're guessing there.

Thoughts?
    Don't forget Long and Jelavic!!! Fletcher is actually someone who I would consider if the Wickham situation was to be resolved in his favour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

dahat wrote: »
    Are you sure on Mannone ? Poyet seemed unsure on first choice this season according to an interview I read somewhere.

This is what I was just wondering. Surely Pantilimon will be number one for them? An awful lot of people seem to have Mannone in their squad.

This is what I was just wondering. Surely Pantilimon will be number one for them? An awful lot of people seem to have Mannone in their squad.
    After Mannone's season you'd have to fancy that it is his to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

dahat wrote: »

Yeah, that's correct. I posted a link on here to it last week. Mannone was also ill for Sunderland's last pre-season game so Pantimilon got the full 90. I just think he'll plump with Mannone at the start anyway and up until Mannone gives him an excuse to drop him (i.e, making a howler or having a couple of bad performances).

Very difficult to drop arguably your best player last season and one who played such a huge part in keeping the club up.

CSF wrote: »
    Don't forget Long and Jelavic!!! Fletcher is actually someone who I would consider if the Wickham situation was to be resolved in his favour!!

I don't really rate Hull in FPL terms and I'd be cautious on Jelavic as it looks like he may not be a starter from the off. From Bruce:
    Maynor Figueroa and Nikica Jelavic will not be rushed back to feature in the club’s Europa League debut next week as Steve Bruce looks to protect his World Cup stars.

Less than a month has passed since Figueroa and Jelavic saw their time in Brazil ended with Honduras and Croatia respectively but today they return to training after an extended break.

Neither player will be included in any of City’s friendly games this week, and instead they will train away from their team-mates in a bid to quickly regain lost fitness levels.

Figueroa and Jelavic have just 10 days to prepare for a season opener away to either AS Trencin of Slovakia or Serbian side FK Vojvodina in the third qualifying round of the Europa League, and that date will almost certainly come too soon for them to be considered.

“They’ll not play a part in any of the games this week,” said Bruce, whose team begin pre-season with a double-header against North Ferriby United and Harrogate Town tonight.

“We’ll be working with them to ease them back first because there’s no point pushing them after such a short summer.

“The first couple of games in Europe might well come too soon for them but I’ve got to look at the bigger picture.

“Those two lads only finished a few weeks ago so it’s important they have a break. I hope I’m doing the right thing.”

I agree on Fletcher. He's the best option in that price range if he gets the starting role IMO, being £0.5m less than the others is no harm either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

No City players? They shipped a small country worth of goals last season.

Fair point. Dzeko/Jovetic are rotation worries though. Silva is often taken off and doesn't convince me. He just doesn't seem to get the big points hauls that the likes of Sanchez, Hazard & Fabregas are capable of, I think. Navas/Nasri are rotation risks.

Aguero and Yaya are the ones I'd go for, but I can't fit in either at the start, considering United/Chelsea's good fixtures.

I did swap Sanchez to Silva & Pelle to Giroud, at one stage, but I wasn't happy with that and ended up reverting back.

Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, that's correct. I posted a link on here to it last week. Mannone was also ill for Sunderland's last pre-season game so Pantimilon got the full 90. I just think he'll plump with Mannone at the start anyway and up until Mannone gives him an excuse to drop him (i.e, making a howler or having a couple of bad performances).

Very difficult to drop arguably your best player last season and one who played such a huge part in keeping the club up.

I don't really rate Hull in FPL terms and I'd be cautious on Jelavic as it looks like he may not be a starter from the off. From Bruce:

I agree on Fletcher. He's the best option in that price range if he gets the starting role IMO, being £0.5m less than the others is no harm either.
    You may have saved me some hassle with Jelavic there. Tempted to downgrade somewhere else and go with an expensive striker rather than brave the 5.5-6.5 minefield.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Fair point. Dzeko/Jovetic are rotation worries though. Silva is often taken off and doesn't convince me. He just doesn't seem to get the big points hauls that the likes of Sanchez, Hazard & Fabregas are capable of, I think. Navas/Nasri are rotation risks.

Aguero and Yaya are the ones I'd go for, but I can't fit in either at the start, considering United/Chelsea's good fixtures.

I did swap Sanchez to Silva & Pelle to Giroud, at one stage, but I wasn't happy with that and ended up reverting back.

SERIOUS MATH AHEAD!

Silva pulled in 151 points in 2163mins last season.

Hazard gained 51 (202) more points with 2890mins played.

727mins extra means you're looking at 8 games more played by Hazard than Silva. Hazard is getting 6.3 points per game during those games. 3 of those points were for simply playing 90mins (If I'm recalling last season's scoring right), with another 2 or 3 for keeping a cleansheet in midfield.

I would be very weary of leaving Silva out.

SERIOUS MATH AHEAD!

Silva pulled in 151 points in 2163mins last season.

Hazard gained 51 (202) more points with 2890mins played.

727mins extra means you're looking at 8 games more played by Hazard than Silva. Hazard is getting 6.3 points per game during those games. 3 of those points were for simply playing 90mins (If I'm recalling last season's scoring right), with another 2 or 3 for keeping a cleansheet in midfield.

I would be very weary of leaving Silva out.
    I think you might be ignoring how many of those minutes were Silva being subbed off though.

I think you might be ignoring how many of those minutes were Silva being subbed off though.

The point I'm trying to make is that if both players play the same amount of minutes, they're very similar points wise. Whether that happens is down to the manager, injuries, etc, but only time will tell.

I'm not advocating one over the other, just saying you should, in my opinion, be weary of leaving out one or the other due to their chances of making bank for your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Following the advice here, ditched Coleman for Cameron and with the free cash, swapped Henderson for Ramsay. Giroud and Jovetic replace Dzeko and Lambert, so should have more firepower.

• Advertisement

The point I'm trying to make is that if both players play the same amount of minutes, they're very similar points wise. Whether that happens is down to the manager, injuries, etc, but only time will tell.

I'm not advocating one over the other, just saying you should, in my opinion, be weary of leaving out one or the other due to their chances of making bank for your team.

There's no reason to suggest minutes for either player will change though, it's a necessary consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Currently on
    Krul (Given)
    Huth O shea Dunne ( taylor, Wisdom or a 4.5 def)
    Fab ramsey mata sterling (siggy)
    Rooney Costa Austin
    GW 1 Bench Siggy
    GW2 Bench Austin and sell sterling for eriksen or an early bandwagon.

v3ttel wrote: »

Agree re Aguero and Yaya. Yaya too expensive unless he looks like repeating the somewhat freak goalscoring of last year and Aguero not fit yet. Will be watching both very closely and most likely getting in Aguero once he looks sharp and City's fixtures look a bit better for goals.

Personally I rate Silva highly, but Mata, Fab/Haz have much better fixtures for now, and I think you need at least one Arsenal mid for now. Silva will be in my team this season but not just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rosco79 wrote: »

To save people the hassle... It's a long winded article telling us that Sanchez can play in a few attacking positions.

It also tells us that RVP and Aguero aren't real CF/Strikers..... riiiiight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bojan on target again for stoke tonite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Going for 5 premium mids. :cool:

Mannone

Sanga Filipe Vlaar

Sterling Hazard Yaya Sanchez Mata

F.Campbell Jelavic

Subs: Krul Davids Zamora Mariappa

DeKing wrote: »
    Going for 5 premium mids. :cool:

Mannone

Sanga Filipe Vlaar

Sterling Hazard Yaya Sanchez Mata

F.Campbell Jelavic

Subs: Krul Davids Zamora Mariappa
    Man, smash your computer, go out, buy another one, get that one insured, smash that one, get a new one free on the insurance policy and start again, completely.

Man, smash your computer, go out, buy another one, get that one insured, smash that one, get a new one free on the insurance policy and start again, completely.

Hmmm down grade Jelavic to Naismith upgrade Vlaar to Shaw. I'm sorted!

DeKing wrote: »
    Hmmm down grade Jelavic to Naismith upgrade Vlaar to Shaw. I'm sorted!
    Absolutely sorted. No seriously though, have another go and have a look at it from a different outlook. Your front pairing is very bad, and you have alot of players in there that won't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

I'm going to jump on Bojan wagon and see how far it takes.

Begovic

Van Aanholt - Luis - Evans

Fabregas - Mata - Sanchez - Hoilett

Rooney - Costa - Bojan

Subs: Gilks - Siggy - Clyne - Wisdom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm going to jump on Bojan wagon and see how far it takes.

Begovic

Van Aanholt - Luis - Evans

Fabregas - Mata - Sanchez - Hoilett

Rooney - Costa - Bojan

Subs: Gilks - Siggy - Clyne - Wisdom

What I like about this set up is that you can rotate Siggy and Bojan based on fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

What I like about this set up is that you can rotate Siggy and Bojan based on fixtures.

This. Planning to rotate Hoilett,Siggy and Bojan but not too sure should I go with this lot or play safe and get players like Ramsey, Dzeko etc.

Ok my first serious attempt anyway. A lot harder than I thought. No Arsenal attacking coverage but I can live with that i think.

Mannone

Sanga Cahill Shaw

Sterling Silva Albrighton Fabregas Mata

Rooney Remy

Subs: Krul Davids Bojan Mariappa

Remy and Sagna both have major doubts around regular football also Remy likely to be sold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement