Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Cool. Current selection

Krul
    Mannone

Debuchy
    Terry
    Lovren
    Ward
    Davies

Sanchez
    Mata
    Sigurdsson
    Johnson
    McCarthy

Diego Costa
    Rooney
    Bojan

Kinda want to fit Filipe Luis in there, a swap for Terry maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mine now:

GK: Speroni 5.0 - Palace
    GK: Green 4.5 - QPR
    DF: Cahill 6.5 - Chelsea
    DF: Evans 5.5 - Man United
    DF: Debuchy 5.5 - Arsenal
    DF: Upson 4.0 - Leicester
    DF: Targett 4.0 - Southampton
    MD: Sanchez 10.5 - Arsenal
    MD: Fabregas 9.0 - Chelsea
    MD: Sterling 8.5 - Liverpool
    MD: Eriksen 8.0 - Spurs
    MD: Young 5.5 - Man United
    FD: Rooney 10.5 (C) - Man United
    FD: Dzeko 8.5 - Man City
    FD: Zamora 4.5 - QPR

Midfield will field me a lot of points I reckon.

Sterling is a cheaper alternative to Sturridge who will play just in behind him, and will get a lot of goals this season in his new role. Looked incredible in pre-season.

Surprised no ones going for Young? Scored a bag of goals and assists so far pre-season and a sure starter under Van Gaal (at least until Rafael comes back). It aint as if they havent done it before in the PL too. Much cheaper alternative than Mata at 9.0.

Strikers I can live without at the moment. Aguero is injury prone, and Dzeko is just as good anyway. Rooney is the main man for the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Mine now:

GK: Speroni 5.0 - Palace
    GK: Green 4.5 - QPR
    DF: Cahill 6.5 - Chelsea
    DF: Evans 5.5 - Man United
    DF: Debuchy 5.5 - Arsenal
    DF: Upson 4.0 - Leicester
    DF: Targett 4.0 - Southampton
    MD: Sanchez 10.5 - Arsenal
    MD: Fabregas 9.0 - Chelsea
    MD: Sterling 8.5 - Liverpool
    MD: Eriksen 8.0 - Spurs
    MD: Young 5.5 - Man United
    FD: Rooney 10.5 (C) - Man United
    FD: Dzeko 8.5 - Man City
    FD: Zamora 4.5 - QPR

Midfield will field me a lot of points I reckon.

Sterling is a cheaper alternative to Sturridge who will play just in behind him, and will get a lot of goals this season in his new role. Looked incredible in pre-season.

Surprised no ones going for Young? Scored a bag of goals and assists so far pre-season and a sure starter under Van Gaal (at least until Rafael comes back). It aint as if they havent done it before in the PL too. Much cheaper alternative than Mata at 9.0.

Strikers I can live without at the moment. Aguero is injury prone, and Dzeko is just as good anyway. Rooney is the main man for the start.

Young probably won't start for Utd. Valencia will start on the right and Shaw will start on the left. Young is a huge risk imo.

Also, I would be reluctant to have Upson in there. Leicester have as difficult a start as they could have got.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Paully D wrote: »
    It's noticeable how all of our teams are so similar.

The vast majority go with De Gea + £4m or Krul/Mannone in goal.

Chelsea defensive coverage, United defensive coverage (if no De Gea in goal) and Debuchy and Davies are very popular, with a £4.5m/£5m rotation preferred by others.

The vast majority of midfields contain Ramsey/Sanchez, Hazard/Fabregas and Mata, with Sigurdsson quite popular as the 4th midfielder and Albrighton almost locked in as the 5th. Some fit City coverage in the form of Silva mostly into their sides.

Rooney, £8.5m + £6m appears to be the most popular forward line, with Rooney + Costa getting a lot of love too.

As I mentioned last week, the "template" teams this time last year contained players such as Anelka, Van Wolfswinkel, Walcott, Turner, Connolly/Hudson and Coutinho who, for one reason or another, didn't do the business in FPL terms.

It will be very interesting to review this later in the season to see how many players in our initial teams will still be there a few months down the line. The past Rate My Team threads would indicate not many!

The major problem with this game right now is that, as the years have gone by, more and more people have started using websites like Fantasy Football Scout and what we are beginning to see the pooling of the ideas of more of the active players, which means that GW1 teams are becoming more and more similar.

I can see the vast majority of teams stating with a very similar backbone.

For me, they key this year is to play even safer than usual, and then make a break for the top in the third part of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The major problem with this game right now is that, as the years have gone by, more and more people have started using websites like Fantasy Football Scout and what we are beginning to see the pooling of the ideas of more of the active players, which means that GW1 teams are becoming more and more similar.

For me, they key this year is to play even safer than usual, and then make a break for the top in the third part of the season.

Very true, but if you want to do well you need to get the points at the start because towards the end everyone has the same players who are doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Anyone on this??? :rolleyes:

De Gea---Gilks

Luis----Davies----Collocini----O'Shea----Moore

Hazard--Ramsey--Mata--Sigurdsson--Albrighton

Sturridge---Rooney---Wickham

3--4--3 formation with Gilks, Moore, Albrighton on the bench with O'Shea and Collocini rotating

VS

Krul---Gilks

Luis----Evans----O'Shea----Moore---Wisdom(spot up for grabs)

Hazard--Sanchez--Mata--Sigurdsson--Albrighton

Sturridge---Rooney---Bojan

Again 3--4--3 formation with Gilks, Wisdom, Albrighton on the bench rotating hopefully between O'Shea and Moore in defence.

It allows me to bump Ramsey up to Sanchez but means despite my protest against it just yesterday i'd be bringing Bojan (possibly Fletcher though) into my team :rolleyes: Obviously my defence suffers too so i guess the big question is whether or not fitting Sanchez into the team is worth it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Been logging in occasionally all week but have avoided this thread while on hols until I had a good hour to read it. Lucky I did - near 30 pages since Saturday!

The unsurprising thing is that the template teams Pauly talks about remain pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FutureGuy wrote: »

I see this. I agree with this. Yet it disgusts me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think having one good differential early on is no harm, just hard to find room after the players who are standard or 'essential' for the reasons outlined above.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 del137

ok team like this plez advise
    krul / myhill

wisdom / vlaar / cameron / s.tailor / bruce

y.toure / mata / fabregas / sanchez / albrighton

rooney / d.costa / nugent

fin last year on 2355 points top all my leagues done it by skimping on my defence pumping money mid and striks so no my def is weak but any can get me 6points dep on fixtures can rotate all 5....nugent up front l.season produced 20 goals and 12 assists so could easy get 1 or 2 in upcoming tough 5 fixtures plus he takes pen/kicks ect....all advice app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Krul, (Myhill)

Davies, Shaw, Filipe Luis, (Upson, Bruce)

Sanchez, Eriksen, Hazard, Mata, (Albrighton)

Rooney, Dzeko, Bojan

Happy enough to start the season with this team. Bringing in Bojan allowed me invest heavily in midfield as well as having a Chelsea defender. Just wondering would i be better off having Giroud instead of Dzeko? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

del137 wrote: »
    krul / myhill

fin last year on 2355 points top all my leagues done it by skimping on my defence pumping money mid and striks so no my def is weak but any can get me 6points dep on fixtures can rotate all 5....nugent up front l.season produced 20 goals and 12 assists so could easy get 1 or 2 in upcoming tough 5 fixtures plus he takes pen/kicks ect....all advice app

You may want to scrimp on defence (I've gone the budget route too), but I would question whether a lot of your defence will start. Vlaar is the only one that will definitely start (I think). I'd downgrade Yaya to Silva, and reinvest the 2.0m in defence.

OneColdHand thanks for reply not bad choice but to drop toure after l.season dont think i can do it....plus due to injures think my defence will play acc to research...hows ur team looking?

DwightSchrute1 nice team lot of talk sanchez been played as striker id hold with dzeko till u no if giroud will start... big midfield with ars this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mannone
    Simpson--Vermaelen--Terry--Evans
    ----Sánchez--Fábregas--Nasri
    ---Costa
    Rooney
    Austin

Krul--Sigurdsson--Targett--Albrighton

I think I'm nearing happy with my choices.
    As mentioned earlier, there's the 'spine' of a team not unlike many in here.
    Vermaelen is in subject to him joining United, if he doesn't I'll rejig I think.
    I read somewhere 'Arry was playing a 3-5-2 so with that in mind, I think Simpson might get a wing back nod.
    Sanchez, Costa both new but I expect big things. Austin is having a good time of it in the friendlies (I know, I know, don't go by friendlies!).
    Nasri served me well last season, hoping he maintains his form.

Mannone
    ---Costa
    Rooney
    Austin

Vermaelen is in subject to him joining United, if he doesn't I'll rejig I think.
    I read somewhere 'Arry was playing a 3-5-2 so with that in mind, I think Simpson might get a wing back nod.
    Sanchez, Costa both new but I expect big things. Austin is having a good time of it in the friendlies (I know, I know, don't go by friendlies!).

looks good...my opinion big defence lots of big teams che/man.u will win games but still let in goals aka u walk with 2points rather than 6 if if ye win 3-1...lots of guys making this mistake in my league l.season giving me more points in mid/forwards just something to think bout...just my opinion nise team btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Any thoughts on this team:

w214rt.png

Seridisand nice team but no man u players they got v easy start to league 5-6 decent games ahead mata or rooney or herrera...plus they done well in usa beating livpool/galaxy/madrid they seem have good form under van gaal??
    l

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

krul / myhill

I'm also a fan of the scrimping on defence strategy but I think a lot of your defensive picks as onecoldhand said are questionable wouldn't surprise me if only vlaar started .I think you need to get another million from somewhere to upgrade 2 of your 4 million picks and change Cameron to Taylor swa or sun def.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Panthro wrote: »

Mannone
    ---Costa
    Rooney
    Austin

With Isla signing on loan, I think it will be him and Traore as wing backs and Simpson on the bench

Iused2likebusts hey il def look more into it but cameron is def start i think plus it aint def team yet il no more after gw1 but i still reckon bruce vlaar cameron wil start and wisdom wil coz injures....maby cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Seridisand nice team but no man u players they got v easy start to league 5-6 decent games ahead mata or rooney or herrera...plus they done well in usa beating livpool/galaxy/madrid they seem have good form under van gaal??
    l

Good point, but I don't think even with the handy start united players will be piling up the points. Probably a lot 1 - 0, 1-1, 0-0 games, will probably do Silva-Mata straight swap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

krul / myhill

Th is to man abbre fo my mind to proc

csf Th is to man abbre fo my mind to proc

sorry i have no idea what dat means???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

csf Th is to man abbre fo my mind to proc

sorry i have no idea what dat means???

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:.......

• Advertisement

cheers for clearing that up.........

mata for herrera?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

mata for herrera?????????

Herrera out, Mata in - 100 times yes

Mata out, Herrera in - walk away from your computer!

Benimar i said that wrong sorry....my midfield who would u drop toure fab sanchez or mata?
    u can see my team page back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar i said that wrong sorry....my midfield who would u drop toure fab sanchez or mata?
    u can see my team page back

For Herrera? None of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Seridisand wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this team:

w214rt.png

Its... different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

krul / myhill

Vlaar is the only player in your defence assured of a game and Krul is your only goalie. It's a no go so just start again!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

draft #1632
    all advice appreciated

Lb0jY9x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

NN215 wrote: »
    draft #1632
    all advice appreciated

I think you have too many Everton players in there. They have a nasty first 7 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

I think you have too many Everton players in there. They have a nasty first 7 games.

just realise that now.
    gonna work on draft #1633 right away . lol
    thank you good sir

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

CSF wrote: »
    Defensively you're not in a great place there. Which isn't good when you consider you've only one big striker. Have you left over value in your team? That doesn't seem like a team that would fill the 100m

I have always gone with a weak defense...well deemed to be weak. I only ever play 3 defenders so no point splashing out on players that I might bench. I chop and change too but invest the majority in midfield and up front. Those tactics have stood me well throughout the years. Think I finished 91 in the boards.ie league last season. Lookin to improve on that this year

cizolin wrote: »
    I have always gone with a weak defense...well deemed to be weak. I only ever play 3 defenders so no point splashing out on players that I might bench. I chop and change too but invest the majority in midfield and up front. Those tactics have stood me well throughout the years. Think I finished 91 in the boards.ie league last season. Lookin to improve on that this year
    Ok. Being weak in defence is one thing. Being weak in defence and up front is another entirely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    - near 30 pages since Saturday!

There are only thirty pages in this thread: > Thread Display Options > 40 posts per page.

This thing of posting your team in here, but then responding to advice/criticism with 'this is how I play the game and I've done well in this game before' is going my nut in by the way.

Why would you post your team in a thread like this if you had already decided that you were ****hot and destined to do amazing?

CSF wrote: »
    This thing of posting your team in here, but then responding to advice/criticism with 'this is how I play the game and I've done well in this game before' is going my nut in by the way.

Why would you post your team in a thread like this if you had already decided that you were ****hot and destined to do amazing?

You appear to have selected 5 defenders who won't start....

317601.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ok, here we go again. I've made some slight changes to the team. Trying to get the most points, but at the same time, trying to get that differential to separate my team from the rest.

317605.JPG

Goalkeeper: I was toying with the idea of rotating de Gea (5.5) and a 4.5m 'keeper, but decided I would chance my arm for that extra .5m. I ran with the single keeper last season, dropping him for a new #1 as fixtures changed and it seemed to work out well.

Defenders: Filipe Luis (6.0), Van Aanholt (4.5) and Davies (5.0) are all full backs. This should give me the chance for each of them to get forward and score some points on the attack as well as on defence. (Moore and de Laet are my reserves at 4.0 and 4.5, giving me a covering full back and a panic CB, in-case things go really bad injury wise [Note that de Laet will always be ahead of Moore in the subs list, the pic is wrong :pac:)

Midfield: The big guns of Mata (9.0), Sánchez (10.5) and Hazard (10.0) should provide a bucket load of points, and seem to be making up the majority of teams. I've gone with Sigurdsson (6.0) and de Jong (7.0) as my two riskier choices. Hoping they're the differential in my team.

Attack: Rooney (10.5) is in 40% of teams and going by his pre-season form, and the fact he's playing as a striker under LvG, he's going to score and score and score. Paired him with Jovetic (8.0) who's also on fire in pre-season. With Aguero and Negredo out injured, he's a risk I'm willing to take. Finally I've gone with Bojan (5.5) at Stoke. Stoke have incredible opening fixtures, and I think Bojan can score very well here. Perhaps a bit of a Michu/Ramsey about him, starting out so low at 5.5m. Again, he's netted in pre-season so he's finding his form early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

3-5-2,anyone? Trying to fit Lamela in but I want Siggy too, is this a suitable comprise?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

FHFC wrote: »
    Anybody giving serious consideration to Lamela? Have neither him or Eriksen in at the moment but my gut for a differential would be Lamela, especially if he plays in the hole again this weekend.
    I would love to take a gamble on him and am considering it. He is a class player, undoubted talent. It's a lot of money considering the season he had last year.
    It's looks like from pre-season he will be playing in the hole so not sure what this does to Eriken's prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Any Ideas where i can improve here. Will be playing a 3-4-3 / 3-5-2 formations

Krul/Myhill
    Debuchy Filip Luis Moore (Subs Ward/Dummett)
    Henderson Mata Nasri Ramsey Barkley(TBC)
    Rooney Giroud Weimann(Sub)

What do people think?

Vlaar, Luis, Naismith

or

Ward, Davies, Bojan

Can't decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Naismith won't play much, will he?

Naismith won't play much, will he?

Well, it could be any 5.0 striker. I already have Costa and Rooney starting so it wouldn't be a big issue I don't think...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Well, it could be any 5.0 striker. I already have Costa and Rooney starting so it wouldn't be a big issue I don't think...

Okay. I guess your question is hard to answer without seeing the rest of your squad. Personally I'd never pick a player who's not starting for his team. It just leaves you in a hole and you need to use transfers to dig your way out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Naismith will get game time, not a starter but generally comes on for us on 65-70 mins. Good for the odd goal. Id wait until week 7-8 if your thinking of putting him in.
    Horrible start

• Advertisement

El festino wrote: »
    I would love to take a gamble on him and am considering it. He is a class player, undoubted talent. It's a lot of money considering the season he had last year.
    It's looks like from pre-season he will be playing in the hole so not sure what this does to Eriken's prospects.

Good article here...
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/07/erik-lamela-tottenham-hotspur-mauricio-pochettino

“It depends on the situation whether Erik will play as the No10 or wide,” Pochettino mused. “My philosophy is to give a free style with a good organisation and not only with Erik, with other players. The most important thing is to create a good shape for our players to be comfortable and to show their real qualities"

Advertisement