Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

foleypio wrote: »
    How many points are you on now?

121 points. 46k in the world. Sterling left to play this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Delighted with my return this week. 62 points with Sterling to play. 1k overall rankings. Brought in Dier and got me 14 points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Going to really do my best to hold of with the WC until next week but I'm so tempted to do it now before any price changes throw this out of contention.

I have exactly enough in the bank for this team but i could always bring Zamora in for Naismith to free up funds seeing as i'll be playing 3-5-2 most weeks, just reckon i might get a price rise out of Naismith but the extra cash could be used to bump Dummet up to Coloccini i guess and leave me with .1mil in the bank!:rolleyes:

I've been having a good start so i may be jumping the gun but i need rid of a few players with injuries/poor form/fixtures etc, namely James, Fletcher, Bruce, Chambers, De Gea.

Any opinions on this possible team appreciated! The budget defence may not look like much but there is good rotation between that spread of teams so i should have 3 safish choices with CS potential most weeks for the next 10 game weeks anyway. I could always stick Zamora in as said and go with Courtois in goals but looking closer at Chelseas upcoming fixtures they have a lot of tough games up soon!

myyq6jB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How are you doing so far?

I'd urge caution. We're only two GWs in and it's the transfer window this week. I'm giving Fletcher another weekend myself.

Liverpool buying Balotelli and United potentially buying a few players could spark a good bit of action.

I am thinking about 3-5-2 like your team there but then Ade makes a good case for 3-4-3.

Dummett and Wisdom are going to lose their places eventually too and you've nothing in the bank for upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 del137

Going to really do my best to hold of with the WC until next week but I'm so tempted to do it now before any price changes throw this out of contention.

I have exactly enough in the bank for this team but i could always bring Zamora in for Naismith to free up funds seeing as i'll be playing 3-5-2 most weeks, just reckon i might get a price rise out of Naismith but the extra cash could be used to bump Dummet up to Coloccini i guess and leave me with .1mil in the bank!:rolleyes:

I've been having a good start so i may be jumping the gun but i need rid of a few players with injuries/poor form/fixtures etc, namely James, Fletcher, Bruce, Chambers, De Gea.

Any opinions on this possible team appreciated! The budget defence may not look like much but there is good rotation between that spread of teams so i should have 3 safish choices with CS potential most weeks for the next 10 game weeks anyway. I could always stick Zamora in as said and go with Courtois in goals but looking closer at Chelseas upcoming fixtures they have a lot of tough games up soon!

i like the team can see where ur coming from but think u need to hold on wc....reasons rooney played **** against sun but bur,opr and les up next could be risk droping him....di-maria 2 sing soon plus bolatelli.....siggys form might not hold up id wait and test form and injurys lots of people gona pplay wc early bad call these players might have great start but with this game theres always gona be change id be patient....adabayer might start banging them in soon at 8.5.....2soon man hold up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lemlin wrote: »
    How are you doing so far?

I'd urge caution. We're only two GWs in and it's the transfer window this week. I'm giving Fletcher another weekend myself.

Liverpool buying Balotelli and United potentially buying a few players could spark a good bit of action.

I am thinking about 3-5-2 like your team there but then Ade makes a good case for 3-4-3.

Dummett and Wisdom are going to lose their places eventually too and you've nothing in the bank for upgrades.

So far so good, 66 GW1 and 54 this week. Dummet is just a short term punt for a price rise maybe. If i go with 5 big mids ill shift Naismith for Zamora to free up cash, would have an extra £.6mil+ then to upgrade Dummet to Coloccini. I've no interest in Balotelli until i see how he fits in after a few weeks but he has never really been prolific. Di Maria could be interesting though.
    del137 wrote: »
    i like the team can see where ur coming from but think u need to hold on wc....reasons rooney played **** against sun but bur,opr and les up next could be risk droping him....di-maria 2 sing soon plus bolatelli.....siggys form might not hold up id wait and test form and injurys lots of people gona pplay wc early bad call these players might have great start but with this game theres always gona be change id be patient....adabayer might start banging them in soon at 8.5.....2soon man hold up

I always play my WC early but i do think you're right, I've gone with a boring transfer of James out for King simply to avoid a price drop as I'll more than likely still WC next week to milk a few price rises but seeing how the transfer window finishes up is probably wise

Cheers for the input lads, appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Krul (mannone)
    ivanovic vlaar taylor (dier duff)
    siggy Ramsey sterling chadli fabregas
    Costa jovetic( berahino)
    Already taken a -4

Costa jovetic (beharinho)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭foleypio

Just used my wildcard there. Came up with this team

Krul

Monreal koscielny Kompany collocini dummett

Mata Ramsey Silva

Aguero Van Persie

Weak bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Krul

Mata Ramsey Silva

Aguero Van Persie

Weak bench

Double Arsenal & double Newcastle at the back?

No chelsea players.

It's original if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Double Arsenal & double Newcastle at the back?

No chelsea players.

It's original if nothing else.

Triple newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Triple newcastle.

Jaysus, as a Toon man I can only say that is suicide (or genius!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Krul

Mata Ramsey Silva

Aguero Van Persie

Weak bench

Are you going to play 5-3-2 every week.1 guy in my league did it last week. He even captained Howardeek.png The craziness rarely pays off imo.

319823.jpg

9.5mil for di-maria and 10mil for bolatilli...wtf?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Krul

Mata Ramsey Silva

Aguero Van Persie

Weak bench

Your forward line looks great but is an injury waiting to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Current team and state of play.
    Have 95 pts Team Value 99.6m 1m in bank.
    Had planned on early WC so loaded up on Man Utd and Chelsea.
    De Gea not working out!!

De Gea Myhill
    Terry Debuchy Lovren Bruce Chester
    Fabregas Mata Ramsey Siggy Johnson(Sun)
    Rooney Jovetic Berahino

Got Jovetic in for Bojan as my FT this wk,basically don't want lads I have bets on with to get out if sight,one lad on 133 pts so far:(
    So my evil plan is to possibly take a hit and bring in Guzan for Myhill tonight before Guzan goes up .1
    Is that jumping the gun or should I wait and see how De Gea does at wkd,how would Guzan and Krul do rotation wise as a long term plan for keepers,
    Any replies really really appreciated.
    PS-prob will hold onto WC as it doesn't look like people will be able to build up funds for kitty during an international break like last year:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

831434cc69b6f2bd3f414855f3c98bac.png

This is madness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Danger781 wrote: »
    831434cc69b6f2bd3f414855f3c98bac.png

This is madness :D

Step away from the computer!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No Navas??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Current team and state of play.
    Have 95 pts Team Value 99.6m 1m in bank.
    Had planned on early WC so loaded up on Man Utd and Chelsea.
    De Gea not working out!!

De Gea Myhill
    Terry Debuchy Lovren Bruce Chester
    Fabregas Mata Ramsey Siggy Johnson(Sun)
    Rooney Jovetic Berahino

Got Jovetic in for Bojan as my FT this wk,basically don't want lads I have bets on with to get out if sight,one lad on 133 pts so far:(
    So my evil plan is to possibly take a hit and bring in Guzan for Myhill tonight before Guzan goes up .1
    Is that jumping the gun or should I wait and see how De Gea does at wkd,how would Guzan and Krul do rotation wise as a long term plan for keepers,
    Any replies really really appreciated.
    PS-prob will hold onto WC as it doesn't look like people will be able to build up funds for kitty during an international break like last year:(

Guzan's fixtures are getting pretty bad. Taking a hit on a keeper is never really a good option really, unless they're injured. United have good fixtures too and whilst I'm personally not very happy with having De Gea in my team, I'm in no crazy rush to get him out as I don't think the benefit of doing so is really worth that much. You're taking -4 points and basically need that player to make it up in the near future and I really don't think Guzan is going to score >4 points more than De Gea over the next 5-6 weeks.

There were some posts about good keeper rotations posted here before. I can't quite remember what some of the better ones are. I know Krul rotates pretty well with Mannone I think. QPR rotate well with the Swans too.

Guzan's fixtures are getting pretty bad. Taking a hit on a keeper is never really a good option really, unless they're injured. United have good fixtures too and whilst I'm personally not very happy with having De Gea in my team, I'm in no crazy rush to get him out as I don't think the benefit of doing so is really worth that much. You're taking -4 points and basically need that player to make it up in the near future and I really don't think Guzan is going to score >4 points more than De Gea over the next 5-6 weeks.

There were some posts about good keeper rotations posted here before. I can't quite remember what some of the better ones are. I know Krul rotates pretty well with Mannone I think. QPR rotate well with the Swans too.
    Cheers for reply,I agree that surely to God Utd will start to defend properly?esp if they revert to 4 at back which I think will happen sooner than later.Lot of people seem up have Newcastle defensive coverage so might consider Krul in for Myhill in next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Using my wildcard which I haven't decided to do yet

Begovic
    Vlaar, Coleman, Fonte
    Mata, Fab, Ramnsey, Di Maria, Sigurdson
    Rooney, Naismith/Jelovic

bench: Myhill, Naismith/Jelovic, Dummet, Morgan

Should I go for it? Is having 3 utd players too much even if it is mata, di maria, and rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

FunLover18 wrote: »

Begovic
    Vlaar, Coleman, Fonte
    Rooney, Naismith/Jelovic

Should I go for it? Is having 3 utd players too much even if it is mata, di maria, and rooney?

I wouldn't do it. Di Maria might not even be available this weekend. Even if he is, wait to see how Man U line up and how they play. If they are as bad as their last 3 games I wouldn't touch their players (I have 3 at the moment, but a non-performance this weekend will see at least 2 moved out)

Vlaar has horrendous fixtures coming up from Gw4 and Coleman is overpriced given his fixtures.

I'd also worry about rotation with Naismith and Jelovic and it appears Dummitt is on borrowed time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

FunLover18 wrote: »

Begovic
    Vlaar, Coleman, Fonte
    Rooney, Naismith/Jelovic

yep, 3 players from any team is too much IMO and wait another week for the wildcard after transfers in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

yep, 3 players from any team is too much IMO and wait another week for the wildcard after transfers in

3 players from the same team isn't too bad in some cases but 3 attackers from the same team is a definite No-No!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Someone give me an honest opinion please:

I Have my Wildcard activated this week!

Im after changin my team to have Ade RVP and Aguero up front.. 3 monsters i know, but my defence is shockingly bad. Dummet Steven Taylor (williamson suspended, yanga mbiwa on way to france) Bruce Moore and Wisdom. Will i get away with having such bad defenders>?????

Tempted to drop one of the forwards and bring in a coleman, zabaleta etc

Im after changin my team to have Ade RVP and Aguero up front.. 3 monsters i know, but my defence is shockingly bad. Dummet Steven Taylor (williamson suspended, yanga mbiwa on way to france) Bruce Moore and Wisdom. Will i get away with having such bad defenders>?????

Williamson's not suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Willaimson served his suspension in the Carling Cup midweek. He should start this weekend. Just so you know, suspended players have a red "flag" (info icon) beside their name.

Williamson's not suspended.

Ohh yaa forgot bout the carling cup game. I think I'm short big time in defence, youd never get away with 5 4 mil defenders surely. I think its in my best interests to downgrade adebayor and upgrade 1 or 2 of my defenders. Il post back in 20mins with what i come up with ;)

Iv gone with:

Courtois (Myhill)

Dummet Kompany Robertson (Moore Wisdom)

Sigurdsson Ramsey Fabregas Sterling (Albrigton)

Aguero RVP Naismith

Pretty happy with the team and think its much more well balanced than my previous one. Can see it scoring well over the next 3-4 weeks.

• Advertisement

hey 2 free transfers this gw..my team toure , fab , ramsey , mata ,
    costa , rooney , bojan

so costa doutful 50%chance playing new team... silva , fab ,ramsey ,mata
    jovetic ,adebayor ,rooney -4pt
    what ye think ???not sure what 2 do?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

hey 2 free transfers this gw..my team toure , fab , ramsey , mata ,
    costa , rooney , bojan

so costa doutful 50%chance playing new team... silva , fab ,ramsey ,mata
    jovetic ,adebayor ,rooney -4pt
    what ye think ???not sure what 2 do?????

Can you structure that better? I've no idea what you're asking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Played wildcard this week,wasn't happy with the defence and wanted to upgrade Bojan.

Krul,Mannone

Taylor,Chambers,Coloccini,Clyne,Dawson

Silva,Siggy,Fabregas,Eriksen,Henderson

Rooney,Costa,Jovetic

Have Dawson in at the moment but open to suggestions of another option

0.3 in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Chambers unlikely to keep his place from now on.

CSF wrote: »
    Can you structure that better? I've no idea what you're asking

right.... 2 free transfers costa prob not playing....gona sub... toure,costa,bojan for silva,adeboyre,jovetic???????good idea?

right.... 2 free transfers costa prob not playing....gona sub... toure,costa,bojan for silva,adeboyre,jovetic???????good idea?

Wouldn't take out Costa, he will be back after the international break and you'll want him back and be looking at another points hit

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't take out Costa, he will be back after the international break and you'll want him back and be looking at another points hit

kinda new that but needed to hear it cheers......silva or jovetic?????

Different positions, but Jovetic

Short term, Jovetic. Long term, hard to know, but probably Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Definitely Silva. Man City strikers are fantastic when they start but they rotate too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rate my legends team (just messing around with who's still available but was good in fantasy a few seasons ago...):

Friedel

Dunne - Ryan Taylor - Assou-Ekotto

Nolan - Lampard - Sessegnon - N'Zogbia

Drogba - Bent - Crouch

Bench: Jaaskelainen, Ferdinand, Hangelaand, Arteta

21.9m in the bank :D

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Rate my legends team (just messing around with who's still available but was good in fantasy a few seasons ago...):

Friedel

Dunne - Ryan Taylor - Assou-Ekotto

Nolan - Lampard - Sessegnon - N'Zogbia

Drogba - Bent - Crouch

Bench: Jaaskelainen, Ferdinand, Hangelaand, Arteta

21.9m in the bank :D

Steve Sidwell and Stephen Ireland - both had a cracking season a good few years ago. Milner had a great season at Villa. Lescott from his Everton days.

After a Burnley clean sheet at home, I'm considering bringing in a defender of theirs for rotation purposes with Leicester, Wba, Newcastle, villa and Sunderland as alternatives. I'm planning on going for a Chelsea overkill of attackers - Hazard, Fab and Costa.

Wildcard team that I am thinking of is

Krul Heaton
    Hutton pva duff Moore Wilson (yeah, super cheap defence)
    Ramsey Fab Sight Sterling Hazard
    Jutk Aguero Costa

If the defence all play I'd be happy with the rotation options. Questions about that plus Aguero plus Sterling. Bench is poor but should hopefully play. But going Chelsea full throttle feels like a good punt.

Ah I had to Ted:)....took plunge on WC there, feel free to criticise(constructively),

Lloris Myhill
    Ivanovic,Jones,Bruce, Coloccini,Clyne.
    Fabregas,Ramsey,Siggy,Dyer,Puncheon
    Costa Aguero, Naismith.

1.1m in bank
    brought in Lloris,Ivanovic,Clyne,Dyer,Puncheon,Naismith to chase .2 of an increase for the Int break.
    Going to play 343 from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Where most people will go for four big hitters in midfield, you've gone for three.

You have Siggy and Dyer from the same team.

Apart from that looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ah I had to Ted:)....took plunge on WC there, feel free to criticise(constructively),

Lloris Myhill
    Costa Aguero, Naismith.

1.1m in bank
    brought in Lloris,Ivanovic,Clyne,Dyer,Puncheon,Naismith to chase .2 of an increase for the Int break.

I see I am not the only one who downgraded Mata (or someone else?) for Dyer. At 5.5 he is a perfect bench material and allow to upgrade Rooney to Aguero and some defence upgrade, too.
    I have the same plan but without touching the wildcard:rolleyes:

3-4-3 for me too after the brake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Lloris Myhill
    Costa Aguero, Naismith.

1.1m in bank

Defence too expensive, midfield too weak. Downgrade a defender and Dyer&Puncheon to get a 8.0-9.0 mid and 4.5 mid. Bruce not likely to keep starting, Moore/Duff look better prospects for 4.0 defenders. If you plan on playing 343 every week there's no point in having money tied up in a mid on the bench IMO. No way would I double up on Swansea attack, Siggy looks a season keeper at the minute, you can always downgrade to Dyer if you want him.

Just realised that team is for prices rises anyway so what a waste that critique is hahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

what do you think? WC activated so it will probably change...... a lot
    kygUaRL.jpg

wonski wrote: »
    I see I am not the only one who downgraded Mata (or someone else?) for Dyer. At 5.5 he is a perfect bench material and allow to upgrade Rooney to Aguero and some defence upgrade, too.
    I have the same plan but without touching the wildcard:rolleyes:

3-4-3 for me too after the brake.
    Downgraded Mata as tbh I would not be terribly surprised if he is dropped next week and will go down on value this wk as well.

jive wrote: »
    Defence too expensive, midfield too weak. Downgrade a defender and Dyer&Puncheon to get a 8.0-9.0 mid and 4.5 mid. Bruce not likely to keep starting, Moore/Duff look better prospects for 4.0 defenders. If you plan on playing 343 every week there's no point in having money tied up in a mid on the bench IMO. No way would I double up on Swansea attack, Siggy looks a season keeper at the minute, you can always downgrade to Dyer if you want him.

Just realised that team is for prices rises anyway so what a waste that critique is hahah
    Thanks for tip though,might bring in that Moore lad at end of WC,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

what do you think? WC activated so it will probably change...... a lot

You don't seem to be chasing many potential price risers.
    You even have a player who has dropped in value. :confused:

You should be looking to increase the value of your team and then on the last day pick your 15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement