Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

F1ngers wrote: »
    You don't seem to be chasing many potential price risers.
    You even have a player who has dropped in value. :confused:

You should be looking to increase the value of your team and then on the last day pick your 15.

im no good at the price changing :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

im no good at the price changing :(

Get rid of Wilson, Krul, Bartley and Taylor.
    Potential risers are Guzan, Wisdom, Hutton and Rose.

May not rise 0.2, but they have the potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Get rid of Wilson, Krul, Bartley and Taylor.
    Potential risers are Guzan, Wisdom, Hutton and Rose.

May not rise 0.2, but they have the potential.

Do not get rid of Wilson anyway

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Do not get rid of Wilson anyway

In the context of chasing price rises he should.
    By all means get him back into the team in two weeks, or earlier if his price looks like rising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

In the context of chasing price rises he should.
    By all means get him back into the team in two weeks, or earlier if his price looks like rising.

Fair enough in that context but Wilson ain't going down and no way wisdom is going up twice after a 1, Hutton won't go up twice and I doubt rose will unless he scores later. So I reckon lot if that will be agonising and wasting time really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

320470.PNG

Thinking of wildcarding...

Forster, Schmeichel, Moore, Hazard, Henderson, El Ahmadi, Rooney, Jovetic out

Krul, Fabianski, Moreno, Sterling, Sigurdsson, King, Naismith, Aguero in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thinking of wildcarding...

Forster, Schmeichel, Moore, Hazard, Henderson, El Ahmadi, Rooney, Jovetic out

Krul, Fabianski, Moreno, Sterling, Sigurdsson, King, Naismith, Aguero in

Before the international break? New Team looks good though.

My team below, I brought in Mignolet for Green already... would love to get rid of Dzeko but we need to take a hit. Thoughts?

320483.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Trilla wrote: »
    Before the international break? New Team looks good though.

I would be wildcarding... i could tweak the team after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dempsey wrote: »
    I would be wildcarding... i could tweak the team after it

But unless your team value is dropping, why wouldn't you wait to see after the break if you could get away with just 1 or 2 transfers and in turn still have your WC for a rainy day?

The players you plan on dropping aren't that bad... Rooney, Hazard etc

Also if you take a look at my team, what do you think I should do with Dzeko? Take a -4 hit and get rid of him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Already made the Mata to Sterling switch, debating a -4 this week to get Wilson in for Debuchy. Struggling to field three strong defenders. Can't play Hutton (Liverpool away) or Debuchy (City home) and don't think Van Aanholt will keep a CS against Spurs, although he always has attacking potential. I'm glad I kept faith in Pieters despite benching him last week! Stoke look strong defensively and I can see them keeping a fair few cleansheets. Happy to double up on them at home to Leicester, although they looked decent yesterday.

I need to downgrade Debuchy to Wilson or Colloccini at some stage to free up the funds to do Rooney to Aguero. Although the United man has much easier fixtures for the next two weeks (QPR home, LEICESTER away vs ARSENAL away, CHELSEA home) its clear Aguero has hit the ground running this year, and is one of the few players you can say is fixture proof. The logical option would be to wait until GW7 to bring in Aguero (with no points hits) but if he scores against Arsenal OR Rooney continues his sh*t form then I'll be priced out, and will have to take a hit without having the benefit of Wilson this week. Will play it by ear but most likely option will be taking a hit this week to have the team below, leaving £1.7m in the bank for Rooney->Aguero in GW6 or GW7.

So go ahead, RMT! 9/11 players at home, must be one of the strongest going into next week... There are no 'big' players I fear. Sturridge didn't look great, Hazard possibly injured, Mata is Mata... I would say Ivanovic is my main worry!
    fb94ro.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ roryc.

It's early days since the GW is in 2 weeks time. But your team looks strong.

Just what's your plan with your front 8? Rotate Larsson and Naismith depending on the fixture? Because I find them expensive for a bench fodder role. This could free you up about £1.0m too. That said noone seems to stand out yet as the ideal £4.5m 5th midfielder.

About your defense. I'm not a huge fan of doubling up but I can see what's your logic behind it. Debuchy could be good going forward though. I haven't really seen how he fits in the Arsenal team but back then in Lille and with France he was and is getting forward quite a lot.

A lot can happen though in this 2 weeks time so there's no rush to find your 3rd defender, especially since Wilson doesn't look like rising (though price changes are not yet understood this year).
    Another def you might consider is Clyne. 3 games. 1 goal, 1 CS, 1 assist. A "FF def hat trick" over 3 games :p. Also Southampton have good fixtures coming (in fact up to GW12 included with New, QPR, Sun, Sto and Lei home & Swa, Spurs, Hul & AV away - after that they have a horrible run of 9 games with MU & Ars twice & City, Eve & Che H -).

iroced wrote: »
    @ roryc.

It's early days since the GW is in 2 weeks time. But your team looks strong.

Just what's your plan with your front 8? Rotate Larsson and Naismith depending on the fixture? Because I find them expensive for a bench fodder role. This could free you up about £1.0m too. That said noone seems to stand out yet as the ideal £4.5m 5th midfielder.

Yep, plan is to rotate between the two. Still really annoyed with myself that I chose Larsson over Dyer but it seemed like the right decision based on previous history, fixtures etc. Was spectacularly proven wrong and it's left me in 75k instead of 10k :(
    About your defense. I'm not a huge fan of doubling up but I can see what's your logic behind it. Debuchy could be good going forward though. I haven't really seen how he fits in the Arsenal team but back then in Lille and with France he was and is getting forward quite a lot.

This is why I picked him but he simply hasn't performed. Arsenal look weak at the back and I can't rely on him for attacking potential alone. They face City next too, seems like the right time to dump him. I've gotten 2 clean sheets from a possible 12 in the first 3 gameweeks. My defence has been atrocious and I'm happy to cut back from here. Terry, Pieters and Wilson should be good for next week with another two strong budget defenders in Van Aanholt and Hutton to rotate between moving forward.
    A lot can happen though in this 2 weeks time so there's no rush to find your 3rd defender, especially since Wilson doesn't look like rising (though price changes are not yet understood this year).
    Another def you might consider is Clyne. 3 games. 1 goal, 1 CS, 1 assist. A "FF def hat trick" over 3 games :p. Also Southampton have good fixtures coming (in fact up to GW12 included with New, QPR, Sun, Sto and Lei home & Swa, Spurs, Hul & AV away - after that they have a horrible run of 9 games with MU & Ars twice & City, Eve & Che H -).

I only have £4-£4.5m to work with and Wilson or Collocini look the best punts so far. Clybe is a great pick but too expensive! Won't be making this defensive transfer until the end of the international break, if at all. Cheers for the feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

I may be using my Wildcard after the Break and I would appreciate and comments .

FROM

De Gea £5.5 Myhill £4.0
    Clyne £5.0 Coloccini £4.5 Wilson £4.5 Jagielka £5.5 Hutton £4.0
    Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Mata £8.9 Henderson £6.0 Wanyama £4.5
    Rooney £10.5 Diego Costa £10.5 Bony £8.5

BANK £0.0

TO

De Gea £5.5 Krul £4.5
    Clyne £5.0 Coloccini £4.5 Wilson £4.5 Ivanovic £7.2 Hutton £4.0
    Sigurdsson £6.5 Fábregas £9.1 Mata £8.9 Henderson £6.0 Huddlestone £5.5
    Falcao £11.0 Diego Costa £10.5 Diouf £6.4

BANK £0.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

A possible wildcard selection.

Warning: Contains ultimate power up front ;)

Any thoughts appreciated. This would leave 0.8 in the bank.

f93be056db54977d2d643839b8e3f649.png

bodking wrote: »
    I may be using my Wildcard after the Break and I would appreciate and comments .

FROM

De Gea £5.5 Myhill £4.0

BANK £0.0

TO

De Gea £5.5 Krul £4.5

BANK £0.9

OR

De Gea £5.5 Krul £4.5
    Clyne £5.0 Coloccini £4.5 Wilson £4.5 Azpilicueta £6.0 Hutton £4.0
    Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Sterling £8.7 Sigurdsson £6.5 King £4.5
    Diouf £6.4 Diego Costa £10.5 Falcao £11.0

BANK £0.3

• Advertisement

I can't see how people will fit Aguero, Falcao and Costa in. Massive over-reliance on them every week to deliver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Trigger pulled on wildcard....Thinking debuchy to shawcross as well....Any other obvious changes?

2ih1mw7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

roryc wrote: »
    I can't see how people will fit Aguero, Falcao and Costa in. Massive over-reliance on them every week to deliver.

I'd imagine Aguero will injure himself before long which will solve that!

De Gea£5.5 Krul£4.5
    Clyne£5.0 Coloccini£4.5 Wilson£4.5 Ivanovic£7.2 Hutton£4.0
    Ramsey£9.0 Fábregas£9.1 Sterling£8.7 Sigurdsson£6.5 King£4.5
    Diouf£6.4 Diego Costa£10.5 Balotelli£10.0

I can play

3-4-3
    3-5-2
    4-4-2
    4-3-3

So its looking quite good , Comments please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Wildcard activated. This is my new team so far:

Screenshot_2014_09_02_16_08_15.png

Shawcross, Sterling & Naismith out
    Hutton, Aarons* & Falcao in

0.1 million in the bank.
    Aarons really impressed in his first game but until he is sure of a start I may go with Ward-Prowse until then.

I think Sterling may get another price rise so will wait till later before making the change.

Weekly team would be:
    Krul
    Ivanovic Dier 1-other
    Ramsey Fabergas Sigurdsson 1-other
    Costa Falcao Augero

Madness?
    Any feedback is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Here my wild card opinions please

Krul. Elliot.

Wilson. Coloccini. Wisdom Moore Hutton

Ramsey fabragas. Sigurdsson. Lamela king.

Costa ageuro falcao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Why? I can easily fit the three lads in along with my midfield of Fab, Sterling, Siggy and Ramsey. That's the optimum midfield for me at the minute regardless of budget.

If the forwards don't perform, I have the 4 mids to fall back on.

I can also afford Krul, PvA and Taylor in defence with 3 rotating 4.0 cheapies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Under WC just now and have this combo for the Super 3...

Krul Gilks

Jones Moreno Wilson Wisdom Moore

Siggy Rambo Fabregas Hendo Boyd

Falcao Costa Aguero

Bank ZERO.......

Opinions welcome.....

q2ice wrote: »

Screenshot_2014_09_02_16_08_15.png

0.1 million in the bank.
    Aarons really impressed in his first game but until he is sure of a start I may go with Ward-Prowse until then.

I think Sterling may get another price rise so will wait till later before making the change.

Weekly team would be:
    Krul
    Ivanovic Dier 1-other
    Costa Falcao Augero

Madness?

Or this:
    Screenshot_2014_09_02_20_20_16_1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dahat wrote: »

Krul Gilks

Falcao Costa Aguero

Bank ZERO.......

Opinions welcome.....

Not sure if you can fit him in at present but if you were to earn 0.1 somewhere during the WC I think Chadli might offer more than Henderson.

Krul Gilks

Falcao Costa Aguero

Bank ZERO.......

Opinions welcome.....

Not sure if you can fit him in at present but if you were to earn 0.1 somewhere during the WC I think Chadli might offer more than Henderson.

PARlance wrote: »

Have him in my watch list, looked OK v Liverpool at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I was intending on holding on to my wildcard for as long as possible but I was messing around to see if I could work in the deadline day additions and now I'm torn. Any advice?

CURRENT - 1.0 left over
    De Gea, Krul
    Zabaleta, Debuchy, Lovren, Wisdom, Ward
    Mata, Ramsey, Sigurdsson, Fabregas, Henderson
    Rooney, Jovetic, Samaras

vs

WILDCARD - 0.2 left over
    De Gea, Krul
    Dier, Ivanovic, Lovren, Wisdom, Vlaar
    Di Maria, Ramsey, Sigurdsson, Fabregas, Henderson
    Falcao, Welbeck, Ulloa

For me, the wildcard team is more promising, even without a City presence. It's really a matter of whether Mata and Rooney rise to the competition or the new boys make their impact.

Do I splurge now or take it slowly, make my changes over five or six weeks and keep the wildcard for a rainy day?

0.1 million in the bank.

Weekly team would be:
    Krul
    Ivanovic Dier 1-other
    Costa Falcao Augero

Madness?
    Or this:

You used your wild card to make three changes?

Considering you only did it to bring in Falcao, would have taken a points hit myself.

That's just me though.

Have him in my watch list, looked OK v Liverpool at times.

Same as, didn't want to get distracted by his GW2 showing so I'm going to watch him for a few more weeks.
    He's getting in pretty advanced positions.

• Advertisement

You used your wild card to make three changes?

Considering you only did it to bring in Falcao, would have taken a points hit myself.

That's just me though.

I made other changes too but didnt include them in the selections above:
    Rooney to Aguero
    Begovic to Green (to facilitate the switch to Aguero)
    Mata to Sterling
    Debuchy to Hutton
    O'Brien to Duff
    S.Taylor to Wisdom

Wildcarding for 3 changes would be insane. I would have just taken a points hit.
    Was going for
    Debuchy to Shawcross
    Mata to Sterling
    Rooney to Aguero
    and have Naismith up front with the other two.

But since I now want to get Falcao into the team it means replacing
    Naismith to Falcao
    And one of the following:
    Sterling to Ward-Prowse/Aarons
    or
    Sterling to Henderson/Chiadli
    Ivanovic to Azpilicueta

PARlance wrote: »
    Same as, didn't want to get distracted by his GW2 showing so I'm going to watch him for a few more weeks.
    He's getting in pretty advanced positions.

With a good pairing if Lamela and Ericksen to supply he could be worth risking alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yep, plan is to rotate between the two. Still really annoyed with myself that I chose Larsson over Dyer but it seemed like the right decision based on previous history, fixtures etc. Was spectacularly proven wrong and it's left me in 75k instead of 10k :(

Not sure if you want a cheapish Midfield option - but Boyd at 4.4 might free up a little bit for you - cheapish option available, and doubt burley are paying 3m for him to sit on the bench, so shouldn't lose any value, in fact, being so cheap - he may rise in the value with large transfers in.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭markoire

Hey folks, any feedback on this potential wildcard team would be appreciated!!

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure if you want a cheapish Midfield option - but Boyd at 4.4 might free up a little bit for you - cheapish option available, and doubt burley are paying 3m for him to sit on the bench, so shouldn't lose any value, in fact, being so cheap - he may rise in the value with large transfers in.

Boyd only played 10 minutes in the first 3 games.
    For an extra .1 you could get King (Leicester) Played 3 full games and got an assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

For an extra .1 you could get King (Leicester) Played 3 full games and got an assist.

Boyd played for Hull in the first 3 games. He'll see a lot more gametime at Burnley!

King is in danger of being dropped when Leicester's midfielders are all back in

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Currently under WC (0.2 in bank) and recent thoughts are:

Krul + (4.0 GK)

Ivanovic | Kompany + (wisdom | Duff | Moore)

Siggy | Fabregas | Sterling | Lamela + (4.5 - King/Marney)

D.Costa | Aguero | Welbeck

Any opinions are appreciated!!!

Boyd played for Hull in the first 3 games. He'll see a lot more gametime at Burnley!

King is in danger of being dropped when Leicester's midfielders are all back in

Hadnt realised he changed teams. Mmm... might be worth a punt so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Am sorely tempted to wildcard, this is the squad I was thinking of lashing together, will leave me with 0 in the bank.

320827.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hadnt realised he changed teams. Mmm... might be worth a punt so.

Yea Burnely paid 3m for him which equals their highest transfer record, so I doubt he's going to be sitting on the bench. so a 4.4m playing midfielder getting close to 90 mins can't be all bad, especially if your having 7 top players (4 mid, 3 strikers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Am sorely tempted to wildcard, this is the squad I was thinking of lashing together, will leave me with 0 in the bank.

320827.jpg
    You're a United fan then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

c7838e7796ae1703698f7268cadc875b.png

My target for the coming weeks.. This or similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

CSF wrote: »
    You're a United fan then

Haha what gave it away? :P

Blind for 5.5 looks a decent price in fairness, would like to have Sterling in the team but will hold fire for now.

If Di Maria doesn't pan out then can hopefully swap for Sterling.

Rooney has been poor so far but in fairness he hasn't been getting the service, am willing to take a punt on Falcao and see how that goes.

Moreno also looks handy, will he be getting his game regular for Liverpool do you know? He could be one I'd bring in to the squad at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

markoire wrote: »

Downgrade 1 striker and upgrade 2 defenders.

The 3 'epic' striker thing is not advised so early in the season (thats just my opinion), i'd hold fire on that until you manoeuvre more team value in and maybe set yourself up for that type of line up after xmas.

Trigger pulled on wildcard....Thinking debuchy to shawcross as well....Any other obvious changes?

2ih1mw7.jpg

Strong team. A little "different" too. Which is not bad ;).

How about Pieters instead of Shawcross? You'd save £0.5m.
    I'd get a £4.5m MF instead of JWP.
    3 United sounds a lot with their current form. But they should improve...
    No Chelsea defensive cover? Mourinho teams generally are very solid at the back. That said they look very attacking this year... Maybe they won't be as strong as last year at the back. I remember it took them time to settle at the back though.

FROM

De Gea £5.5 Myhill £4.0

BANK £0.0

TO

De Gea £5.5 Krul £4.5

BANK £0.9

What's your plan with your front 8? Rotate Huddlestone and DiouF? If I were you I'd avoid selection headaches and go for a £4.5m midfielder (Boyd at £4.4m actually stands out as the best current bench fodder candidate). With £0.9m in the bank I'd upgrade Diouf to Welbeck, he could be lethal at Arsenal.
    Finally I'm not sure but I think your keepers don't rotate greatly. I guess you could save £0.5m-£1m from your keepers by getting a better Krul-rotating keeper in place of De Gea. You could also save £0.5m by getting a second £4m def.

If I add everything up. £0.9m in the bank + £1m from Huddlestone to a £4.5m 5th MF + 2 x £0.5m from keeper & defense - £0.5m for Welbeck = £2.4m. Isn't that enough for a Henderson to Sterling upgrade? Think you'll still be £0.3m short. Getting a £4.5m second keeper would allow that move (Sunderland's Mannone who rotate perfectly with Krul may be one solution).
    OR

De Gea £5.5 Krul £4.5
    Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Sterling £8.7 Sigurdsson £6.5 King £4.5

BANK £0.3

I like this one much more. I'd still try get Welbeck for Diouf. You'd need to find £0.2m. Downgrading De Gea would solve that.
    De Gea£5.5 Krul£4.5
    Clyne£5.0 Coloccini£4.5 Wilson£4.5 Ivanovic£7.2 Hutton£4.0
    Ramsey£9.0 Fábregas£9.1 Sterling£8.7 Sigurdsson£6.5 King£4.5
    Diouf£6.4 Diego Costa£10.5 Balotelli£10.0

I can play

3-4-3
    3-5-2
    4-4-2
    4-3-3

So its looking quite good , Comments please

How much in the bank for that one?

I'd stay clear off Balotelli. Too unpredictable.
    What's the story with this Diouf favourite of yours? Is it only me or...) Neve rreally heard about him...

Again downgrading De Gea would allow upgrading Balotelli and/or Diouf.
    beaver111 wrote: »
    Here my wild card opinions please

Krul. Elliot.

Wilson. Coloccini. Wisdom Moore Hutton

Ramsey fabragas. Sigurdsson. Lamela king.

Costa ageuro falcao

Exciting strikeforce at the expense of the defense. That's gonna be the "problem" of this dream forward line. The good thing though is that you can easily revert to a different tactic over 2 GWs by selling 1 of them if needs be.

If I were to go for it, I'd have a thorough analysis of the next 4 fixtures in absolute priority (basically up to the next international break) and the next 4 after that in secondary priority (to the November international break) so that you have a balanced rotating strong enough defense over this period. You might have done so already but if you haven't that's what I'd do ;).
    bezuaua wrote: »
    Currently under WC (0.2 in bank) and recent thoughts are:

Krul + (4.0 GK)

Ivanovic | Kompany + (wisdom | Duff | Moore)

Siggy | Fabregas | Sterling | Lamela + (4.5 - King/Marney)

D.Costa | Aguero | Welbeck

Any opinions are appreciated!!!

Ah. A different setting. That's interesting ;).

Does this squad means £0.0m in the bank? If it doesn't I'd try get a rotating £4.5m second GK.
    Isn't Demichelis a guaranteed starter at City? It could allow you save £0.5m.
    I'm not sure about Lamela but if he finds form and keep his position behind the strike rhe may become very interesting FF wise.
    Finally no United attacking cover? Are you waiting to see if they can hit form? Or you just don't trust them?

320827.jpg

Not sure Blind is a good FF pick. Sounds to me as a lost £1m you could spend somewhere else.
    I don't know if Naismith will keep his starting position at Everton and more importantly his form. If he does he's a steal. If he doesn't Welbeck might be. Getting a £5.0m def instead of Shawcross (staying at Stoke, Pieters for example) and £1.0m for Blind would allow you that move.
    Finally, I don't really like having a non-playing second keeper. And Krul isn't absoulte safety either. But last year with all my good ideas I made a mess of my keepers combos and just hardly scored more from my playing keeper than from my benched one so take that with a good pinch of salt :p.

• Advertisement

No Chelsea defensive cover? Mourinho teams generally are very solid at the back. That said they look very attacking this year... Maybe they won't be as strong as last year at the back. I remember it took them time to settle at the back though.

What's your plan with your front 8? Rotate Huddlestone and DiouF? If I were you I'd avoid selection headaches and go for a £4.5m midfielder (Boyd at £4.4m actually stands out as the best current bench fodder candidate). With £0.9m in the bank I'd upgrade Diouf to Welbeck, he could be lethal at Arsenal.
    Finally I'm not sure but I think your keepers don't rotate greatly. I guess you could save £0.5m-£1m from your keepers by getting a better Krul-rotating keeper in place of De Gea. You could also save £0.5m by getting a second £4m def.

If I add everything up. £0.9m in the bank + £1m from Huddlestone to a £4.5m 5th MF + 2 x £0.5m from keeper & defense - £0.5m for Welbeck = £2.4m. Isn't that enough for a Henderson to Sterling upgrade? Think you'll still be £0.3m short. Getting a £4.5m second keeper would allow that move (Sunderland's Mannone who rotate perfectly with Krul may be one solution).

I like this one much more. I'd still try get Welbeck for Diouf. You'd need to find £0.2m. Downgrading De Gea would solve that.

What's the story with this Diouf favourite of yours? Is it only me or...) Neve rreally heard about him...

Exciting strikeforce at the expense of the defense. That's gonna be the "problem" of this dream forward line. The good thing though is that you can easily revert to a different tactic over 2 GWs by selling 1 of them if needs be.

If I were to go for it, I'd have a thorough analysis of the next 4 fixtures in absolute priority (basically up to the next international break) and the next 4 after that in secondary priority (to the November international break) so that you have a balanced rotating strong enough defense over this period. You might have done so already but if you haven't that's what I'd do ;).

Ah. A different setting. That's interesting ;).

Does this squad means £0.0m in the bank? If it doesn't I'd try get a rotating £4.5m second GK.
    Isn't Demichelis a guaranteed starter at City? It could allow you save £0.5m.
    I'm not sure about Lamela but if he finds form and keep his position behind the strike rhe may become very interesting FF wise.
    Finally no United attacking cover? Are you waiting to see if they can hit form? Or you just don't trust them?

Not sure Blind is a good FF pick. Sounds to me as a lost £1m you could spend somewhere else.
    I don't know if Naismith will keep his starting position at Everton and more importantly his form. If he does he's a steal. If he doesn't Welbeck might be. Getting a £5.0m def instead of Shawcross (staying at Stoke, Pieters for example) and £1.0m for Blind would allow you that move.
    Finally, I don't really like having a non-playing second keeper. And Krul isn't absoulte safety either. But last year with all my good ideas I made a mess of my keepers combos and just hardly scored more from my playing keeper than from my benched one so take that with a good pinch of salt :p.

Good analysis.
    Re keepers I will he going with Krul and Elliot. If Krul gets injured then he will be replaced by Elliot so no transfer required.
    Also means no rotation. Saves money and no worries about leaving points on the bench.

Good analysis.
    Re keepers I will he going with Krul and Elliot. If Krul gets injured then he will be replaced by Elliot so no transfer required.
    Also means no rotation. Saves money and no worries about leaving points on the bench.

Cheers.
    I generally don't like this tactics but considering all the pts I left on the bench last year and the saved cash you're really tempting me now :p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

:p.

Some solid advice, cheers....Think I'll go with courtois as my chelsea defensive but he'll be my only playing keeper. Might try and make up .2m before the end of the wildcard to get another in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

markoire wrote: »

Really like it, personally id go for King instead of Quinn

Im still fiddling but have taken your comments on board so can you give feedback on this line up :

Mannone £4.5 Krul £4.5
    Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Sterling £8.7 Sigurdsson £6.5 Boyd £4.4

Rotate the GK
    Boyd is a good price and will probably get more game time
    Diouf scored against ManC and has 2 handy games Home to Leic Away to QPR .

Bank £1.4

• Advertisement
Advertisement