Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

iroced wrote: »

Again Hutton has horrible fixtures coming. Unless you just plan on keeping him long term...
    Why Fonte? Clyne is £0.4m cheaper and seems to offer the same guarantees than Fonte, doesn't he?
    What's the thinking regarding your frontline? Afraid of injuries and you kept the cash for an upgrade from Welbeck?
    What about Dyer? Will you rotate him? He's too expensive for a bench fodder role.

He is 5.6 - wouldn't call it expensive. The rest was a good advice, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My turn to ask for advice now.

WC team as follows.

Krul
    Ivanovic - Clyne - Pieters
    Fabregas - Sigurdsson - Sterling - Ramsey
    Diego Costa - Aguero - Naismith

Elliot / King - Wisdom - Taylor

£0.8m in the bank.

I'm not completely satisfied.

Ivanovic is a lot of money but I'd like to give him a few weeks. Can always downgrade to another Chelsea def if needed (and hopefully I can make a £0.1m profit on him if I do sell).
    Clyne will be played most weeks since Southampton have good fixtures coming. Ideally I'd like to get my £4.0m 5th def from a team rotating well with Southampton, which is not the case of Wisdom's WBA. Moore's Leicester and Duff's Burnley offer better rotation but I wonder how good they could be. Hull rotates OK too. Is McShane just replacing Bruce or is he a regular starter?
    Pieters & Taylor will be rotated. I'm still debating getting Wilson to save £0.5m but feel Pieters could justify this difference.

Midfield is standard. I'm just debating whether I should ditch Ramsey or not. He's doubtful. Arsenal have a tough run. If Mata goes down tonight (I doubt it) he could be a good pick for the next couple of games.

Upfront I decided against Welbeck for the moment. Again Arsenal tough run, Arsenal not in super form and Welbeck has to fit in his new team. And Naismith is flying. I wanted to keep the funds for a direct Naismith->Welbeck move but looks like I'll have to downgrade someone (Ivanovic probably) for that. Ideally I'd get him in for GW8.

wonski wrote: »
    He is 5.6 - wouldn't call it expensive. The rest was a good advice, though.

Don't forget I specifically mentionned "for a bench fodder role". As dasa29 has now said he might revert to 3-5-2 at some point and play Dyer he becomes a good option in this price bracket ;).

WC team as follows.

Krul

£0.8m in the bank.

I'm not completely satisfied.

Ivanovic is a lot of money but I'd like to give him a few weeks. Can always downgrade to another Chelsea def if needed (and hopefully I can make a £0.1m profit on him if I do sell).
    Clyne will be played most weeks since Southampton have good fixtures coming. Ideally I'd like to get my £4.0m 5th def from a team rotating well with Southampton, which is not the case of Wisdom's WBA. Moore's Leicester and Burnley's Duff offer better rotation but I wonder how good they could be. Hull rotates OK too. Is McShane just replacing Bruce or is he a regular starter?
    Pieters & Taylor will be rotated. I'm still debating getting Wilson to save £0.5m but feel Pieters could justify this difference.

Midfield is standard. I'm just debating whether I should ditch Ramsey or not. He's doubtful. Arsenal have a tough run. If Mata goes down tonight (I doubt it) he could be a good pick for the next couple of games.

Upfront I decided against Welbeck for the moment. Again Arsenal tough run, Arsenal not in super form and Welbeck has to fit in his new team. And Naismith is flying. I wanted to keep the funds for a direct Naismith->Welbeck move but looks like I'll have to downgrade someone (Ivanovic probably) for that. Ideally I'd get him in for GW8.

I would consider getting Courtois in for Krul and Newcastle defender in for Ivanovic. This would give you extra cash and same potential except Ivanovic goals (if any;)).

I stay away from Newcastle anyway - not in a great shape atm.

Don't forget I specifically mentionned "for a bench fodder role". As dasa29 has now said he might revert to 3-5-2 at some point and play Dyer he becomes a good option in this price bracket ;).

Bench fodder or not you still want him to play, especially when injuries pop up like this week. 5.6 is little price to pay to have some points to come off the bench.

• Advertisement

Bench fodder or not you still want him to play, especially when injuries pop up like this week. 5.6 is little price to pay to have some points to come off the bench.

Yeah I see your point but the way I see it is that you could spend this £1.1m somewhere else (upfront or at the back).
    I generally only expect my bench fodder to be a regular starter so that the points I'd be potentially missing (compared to a more expensive/better player) when I'd actually need him to come in would be much smaller to all the potentially wasted points on my bench every "normal" GW when he'd only wear up his bench fodder jersey...

I would consider getting Courtois in for Krul and Newcastle defender in for Ivanovic. This would give you extra cash and same potential except Ivanovic goals (if anywink.png).

I stay away from Newcastle anyway - not in a great shape atm.

Yeah I thought about it... Ivanovic is mainly here for that. Will decide after a good night sleep now. Thanks for the feedbacks ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If you want a 5th mid who plays and can come in in a injury emergency you can get one for 4.4m. Most players would consider 5.6 very expensive for that role.

If playing 352 as stated thats different.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Any thoughts ??
    Loris
    Van Aanholt Shaw Clichy

Siggy. Sterling. Ramsey. Fabregas.

Falcao. Naismith. Costa

Subs: Gilks, Chester, Cattermole and Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

dasa29 wrote: »
    WC played Here is the team

krul
    ivanovic Fonte Wilson
    Sterling Ramsey Sigurdsson Fabregas
    Naismith Costa Welbeck

Subs Guzan Dyer Duff Hutton

Team Value 96.6m
    in the bank 4.7m

Had something similar this morning & now arrived at..

Forster

Ivanovic Manquillo Evans Wilson

Sterling Fabregas Tadic

Aguero Costa Welbeck

Subs: Siggy Duff Boyd

Re-jigged my defence & goalie a wee bit.

Took out Naismith Ramsey & Di Maria

Went with Aguero Tadic & Boyd

Kinda regretting it now :( no Ramsey & no Utd coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

WC team as follows.

Krul

£0.8m in the bank.

You have nearly the same team as me so obviously I like it. I'd get Duff instead of Wisdom personally and McCarthy instead of Elliot as I think he'll be QPR number 1 soon but I can see the reasoning behind getting the sub keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

pollocks wrote: »
    Any thoughts ??
    Loris
    Van Aanholt Shaw Clichy

Siggy. Sterling. Ramsey. Fabregas.

Falcao. Naismith. Costa

Subs: Gilks, Chester, Cattermole and Moore

Decent team but I'd change Shaw and Clichy, Clichy will be rotated almost every second match with Kolarov and we don't know how Shaw will fit in to United team yet so not worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This is what I have at the moment.

Just took out Welbeck and Falcao for Aguero and Naismith.

Good or bad move? I'm hesitant about taking a punt on two new signings, especially with Costa as the other player.

I'm on a wildcard, btw.

b39e037492ec4791718886a16e56582c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

0.6m in the back

e455753afe1ec22ac458ffca42a7feb6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

0.6m in the back

Just enough for Rooney -> Falcao ;)

I've got the same

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Wildcarding to

Begovic McGregor

Clyne Dier Peters Moreno Dummett

Siggy Sterling Fabregas Ramsey Puncheon

Pelle Wellbeck Costa

Southampton stoke and pool good fixtures

0.4 in bank

Anyone suggestions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

auldgranny wrote: »
    Wildcarding to

Begovic McGregor

Pelle Wellbeck Costa

0.4 in bank

Anyone suggestions??

Yeah stop posting in multiple threads, you auld granny.

dahat wrote: »
    Yeah stop posting in multiple threads, you auld granny.

It's damn near impossible get an answer in any at this stage so that's why.
    Suggestion on team or hold off on wildcard random stranger?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Are you happy with your original team?

If so, don't wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Are you happy with your original team?

If so, don't wildcard
    Exactly, and wildcarding takes more than 15 minutes to fully consider your perfect team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's a lot more possible to get an answer if you don't leave it till 11am to decide to wildcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

Wildcarding to

Begovic McGregor

Pelle Wellbeck Costa

0.4 in bank

Anyone suggestions??

I went for a similar strategy. I like the fixtures of Stoke, Pool and Southampton. I have Pelle and Welbeck but went with rooney for this week to upgrade to falcaonext week.

I took the plunge and dropped ramsey for Mirallas to free up funds.

begovic
    evans - wilson - moreno
    mirallas - sterling - di maria (c) - hazard
    welbeck - pelle - rooney

subs myhill - siggy - wisdom - duff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

-

Again Hutton has horrible fixtures coming. Can't you upgrade to Taylor? Maybe Pieters could make you save cash over Shawcross...
    Will you ever play Rodwell? If not he's too expensive for his bench fodder role. Get a £4.5m instead.

About the lack of an Arsenal player, how much have you got in bank? Can you upgrade Naismith to Welbeck without too many hits if needed? Or you can always get Ramsey for one of your big 3 MF.

Thanks for that. Yep I changed to taylor but left hutton as he could be useful in later games
    Changed rodwell to Quinn (cheaper)

so all my subs are actually now playing subs which is important, so I should always get points even 1!

Ive no cash left so I'll just rely on normal transfers if things need changing

I was happy enough with team but they are just not doing it for some reason.
    Anyway thank you all for your advice. Plug pulled on wildcard and got Naismith ang wellbeck for Jovetic and Bojan. Cost me a hit but was going to get nothing with other 2 anyway. Will look for wildcard advice during the week. Thanks to those who did reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

well this is what I ended up with after 2 weeks of tinkering!
    courtois McCarthy
    moreno pieters PVA Taylor Moore
    di maria sterling fabregas siggy Boyd
    falcao wellbeck balotelli
    .8 in bank to get Costa back in couple of weeks
    seen as I took so many risks I decided to go all out and captain balotelli!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

km79 wrote: »

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

km79 wrote: »
    well this is what I ended up with after 2 weeks of tinkering!
    courtois McCarthy
    moreno pieters PVA Taylor Moore
    di maria sterling fabregas siggy Boyd
    falcao wellbeck balotelli
    seen as I took so many risks I decided to go all out and captain balotelli!

Oh dear. Think you might be in need of a wonder showing from Falcao and Di Maria to salvage something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oh dear. Think you might be in need of a wonder showing from Falcao and Di Maria to salvage something.

worst.day.ever

Wildcarding to

Begovic McGregor

Pelle Wellbeck Costa

0.4 in bank

Anyone suggestions??

Why didn't I do it:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Wildcard activated!

Mannone
    Taylor Wilson Robertson
    Ramsey Fabregas Siggy Di Maria Sterling
    Costa Aguero

Subs. mccarthy, duff, Moore, jutkiezicz

Gone very cheap at the back. Will rotate based on fixtures. All subs play bar mccarthy but I think he will soon take Rob greens place. 0.1 in the bank.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

JR6 wrote: »
    Wildcard activated!

Mannone
    Taylor Wilson Robertson
    Ramsey Fabregas Siggy Di Maria Sterling
    Costa Aguero

Subs. mccarthy, duff, Moore, jutkiezicz

Gone very cheap at the back. Will rotate based on fixtures. All subs play bar mccarthy but I think he will soon take Rob greens place. 0.1 in the bank.

Thoughts?

As strong a 3-5-2 team as I can see anyone getting. The front seven is immense.

Robertson at Hull I wouldn't be sure about keeping his place. Maybe you could put that extra 0.1 into Hutton before he goes up. I know Villa have tough fixtures but they started the first of them with a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Robertson is 4.5 so I can do that no problem. Ya I'm thinking about Hutton. Just fixtures putting me off. They look good this year tho so far!

JR6 wrote: »
    Robertson is 4.5 so I can do that no problem. Ya I'm thinking about Hutton. Just fixtures putting me off. They look good this year tho so far!

Hull have Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool in their next five so they don't have it much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Bit of help needed here please

Guzan
    Terry Chambers Duff
    Cesc Ramsey Siggy Di Maria
    Aguero - Ulloa - Costa

Mannone, Hutton, Moore, King/Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

LostArt wrote: »
    Bit of help needed here please

Guzan
    Terry Chambers Duff
    Cesc Ramsey Siggy Di Maria
    Aguero - Ulloa - Costa

Mannone, Hutton, Moore, King/Cork

Downgrade Terry to a Southampron defender? Clyne/Bertrand/Alderweld ? Frees up 1.5m to be spent elsewhere.
    Chambers...good way into the arsenal defence, but they havent kept a clean sheet all season...Hutton or Moore a better option to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Downgrade Terry to a Southampron defender? Clyne/Bertrand/Alderweld ? Frees up 1.5m to be spent elsewhere.
    Chambers...good way into the arsenal defence, but they havent kept a clean sheet all season...Hutton or Moore a better option to start?

I'm just a bit tempted to hang onto Terry and Chambers because I think they'll both tighten up, in Chelseas case probably very soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

LostArt wrote: »
    I'm just a bit tempted to hang onto Terry and Chambers because I think they'll both tighten up, in Chelseas case probably very soon

I know what you mean, I've Courtois in my team so hoping they'll get their act together soon enough as well...but besides downgrading Terry I cant see where else you can make a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F1fan

Long time lurker, first time poster...
    Here's my team as is, I still have my wildcard, and also one transfer this week.
    Don't know should I go all out and wildcard, or just make the one change, maybe in defence. Am thinking around in circles. Happy with midfield though.
    Can anyone give me their thoughts/suggestions please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

F1fan wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster...
    Here's my team as is, I still have my wildcard, and also one transfer this week.
    Don't know should I go all out and wildcard, or just make the one change, maybe in defence. Am thinking around in circles. Happy with midfield though.
    Can anyone give me their thoughts/suggestions please?

Issues I see:

Colocinni - NUFC are woeful at the moment, especially in defence
    PVA - Sunderland aren't much better
    Dier - Spurs fans tell us he'll lose his place soon
    Terry - nuff said. I have him and will hold on for a little while longer but my patience is wearing thin
    Isgrove - not playing much (injured too?)
    Fletcher - not pulling up any trees

I'd suggest three better cheap/cheapish defenders e.g. Clyne, Duff, Taylor, Bertrand (Hutton if this all takes weeks and Villa's fixtures are better)
    Isgrove to Boyd, Marney, King
    Fletcher to anyone e.g. Ulloa, naismith, or if you free up funds, any of the good 7-ish strikers

Edit: re wildcarding, maybe it depends on how you are in your leagues. Can you afford to make the changes one per week, or will you drop far behind?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭F1fan

Issues I see:

Colocinni - NUFC are woeful at the moment, especially in defence
    PVA - Sunderland aren't much better
    Dier - Spurs fans tell us he'll lose his place soon
    Terry - nuff said. I have him and will hold on for a little while longer but my patience is wearing thin
    Isgrove - not playing much (injured too?)
    Fletcher - not pulling up any trees

I'd suggest three better cheap/cheapish defenders e.g. Clyne, Duff, Taylor, Bertrand (Hutton if this all takes weeks and Villa's fixtures are better)
    Isgrove to Boyd, Marney, King
    Fletcher to anyone e.g. Ulloa, naismith, or if you free up funds, any of the good 7-ish strikers

Edit: re wildcarding, maybe it depends on how you are in your leagues. Can you afford to make the changes one per week, or will you drop far behind?

Thanks Alchemist33,
    Good suggestions re defence, thought PVA was a good choice, but Terry had me cursing last week. Like you though I'm not sure if he should get the axe just yet. Reckon I would have to go wildcard, last week used my 2 transfers to get rid of Mata and Rooney, which obviously left me crying over Match of the Day! Knocked me down the leagues too, so I have a bit of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Wildcard played! Mainly to get in Fabergas, Di Maria, Duff and Ulloa before their price jump....which happened so happy out!

What do ye make of this?

Manone

Taylor - Duff - Wilson

Ramsey - Fabergas - Di Maria - Chadli - Sigurdsson

Rooney - Costa

Bench:
    Heaton
    Robertson
    Hutton
    Ulloa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Wildcard played! Mainly to get in Fabergas, Di Maria, Duff and Ulloa before their price jump....which happened so happy out!

What do ye make of this?

Manone

Taylor - Duff - Wilson

Ramsey - Fabergas - Di Maria - Chadli - Sigurdsson

Rooney - Costa

Bench:
    Heaton
    Robertson
    Hutton
    Ulloa

No liverpoor or Man City attacking players would be my only concern with this team,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Team for the week

Krul

Pieters
    Duff
    Taylor

Fabregas--Ramsey--Sterling--Sigurdsson

Costa---Adebayor---Aguero

Happy enough, Adebayor out for Pelle is likely my next move and also depending on his performance this weekend look to get Di Maria in too before his price rises out of my reach.

Any opinions? haven't posted a team since the start so all feedback welcome good and bad.

Currently on 223 overall sitting at circa 300k :o

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

After playing the wildcard this where I am at:

Begovic (McCarthy)
    Chambers – Moreno – Bertrand (Duff, Moore)
    Fabregas – Di Maria – Sterling –Schneiderlin –Sigursson (Boyd)
    Costa – Aguero ( Jutkiewicz)

No Arsenal attacking coverage is a small concern but willing to go without it as they are not exactly setting the world alight at the moment.

9 playing away from home this week since I am benching Duff & Moore but feel my back 3 could provide some attacking return.

0.0 in the bank!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hackers wrote: »
    After playing the wildcard this where I am at:

Begovic (McCarthy)
    Chambers – Moreno – Bertrand (Duff, Moore)
    Fabregas – Di Maria – Sterling –Schneiderlin –Sigursson (Boyd)
    Costa – Aguero ( Jutkiewicz)

No Arsenal attacking coverage is a small concern but willing to go without it as they are not exactly setting the world alight at the moment.

9 playing away from home this week since I am benching Duff & Moore but feel my back 3 could provide some attacking return.

0.0 in the bank!!

6 midfielders, you are well set up for the weekend anyway!

Ha, I see what you mean now!! Boyd was going to be bench fodder in an earlier version and he was still in my head when typing!!
    jebforever wrote: »
    6 midfielders, you are well set up for the weekend anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Hackers wrote: »
    Ha, I see what you mean now!! Boyd was going to be bench fodder in an earlier version!!

Ninja edit there Hackers! :)

Yes, would have looked an even bigger dope if I hadn't done that !!
    Ninja edit there Hackers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I know it's not Pick your Team thread, but any thoughts on this lot for the weekend- will do either 433 343

Krul
    Duff Alderwiriild Manquillo
    Sterling Ram Fab Siggy
    Costa (c) Aguero Welbeck

Azpil, Moore, Boyd,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I know it's not Pick your Team thread, but any thoughts on this lot for the weekend- will do either 433 343

Krul
    Duff Alderwiriild Manquillo
    Sterling Ram Fab Siggy
    Costa (c) Aguero Welbeck

Azpil, Moore, Boyd,

Team looks good to go.

Any opinions on this?

Don't know how to fit Aguero there - could downgrade Pelle to Ulloa but the 3 upfront look strong enough for now. Herrera is there to catch some price rises only. It is going to be Silva most likely in his spot.

322980.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement