Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

John83 wrote: »
    So can anyone talk me out of doing this -8?
    (I've already brought in Berahino).

Give us more detail

who for who?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Trilla wrote: »
    Give us more detail

who for who?

Aguero in for Costa.
    Boyd in for Mutch.

I hate taking a hit on a sub but it's necessary to get Aguero. I'm .5m short otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Aguero in for Costa.
    Boyd in for Mutch.

I hate taking a hit on a sub but it's necessary to get Aguero. I'm .5m short otherwise.

I'd hold off to be honest.

Costa could play and United will concede at least 1 I feel. He'll be at the heart of things if he starts. Pelle and Ber are quality enough to have up on their own

4-4-2 you'll be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Aguero in for Costa.
    Boyd in for Mutch.

Yeah I agree with Trilla. If you do Mutch to Boyd then you'll have a guaranteed started in case Costa doesn't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Trilla wrote: »
    I'd hold off to be honest.

Costa could play and United will concede at least 1 I feel. He'll be at the heart of things if he starts. Pelle and Ber are quality enough to have up on their own

4-4-2 you'll be grand
    Yeah I agree with Trilla. If you do Mutch to Boyd then you'll have a guaranteed started in case Costa doesn't start.

Cool, I'm going as is so. If Costa doesn't make it I'll have Wisdom coming off the bench for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Aguero in for Costa.
    Boyd in for Mutch.

Another factor to take into account is your plan about the WC. No major need so hold it until it's really needed or for taking advantage of a double GW? Or playing it in the coming weeks? There'd be no pts taking an 8 pointer just before WCing.

Your 8 pts hit is risky since we don't know if Costa'll play. If he doesn't as Trilla said you could play 4-4-2 and it'd be grand. If he does no problem.

Maybe another way to look at it is having a look at your captain? If you go for it... Aguero? If you don't... Pellè?

On the plus side your 8 pts hit would fix your team mid-term. The major question for me is how many transfers you'll need to get Costa back? Direct transfer for Aguero or ditching Pellè and rearranging your team? If Aguero runs riot again it'll be worth it.
    On the negative side, 8 pts lost, you're forced into an unecessary transfer (5th MF) and your current team could work out just fine even if Costa doesn't play.
    In the end, in my opinion, it's all about how much you think Aguero will perform (especially if you go with the captainj polls and captain him).

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Thoughts on Azpilicueta to Wilson, Sterling to Chadli and Welbeck to Agüero for a -4. Leaves me with a team of
    Mannone (heaton)
    Clyne Wilson Chambers (Wilson Duff)
    Siggy Chadli Fabregas ADM (Quinn)
    Costa Pelle Aguero
    Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Thoughts on Azpilicueta to Wilson, Sterling to Chadli and Welbeck to Agüero for a -4. Leaves me with a team of
    Mannone (heaton)
    Clyne Wilson Chambers (Wilson Duff)
    Siggy Chadli Fabregas ADM (Quinn)
    Costa Pelle Aguero
    Thanks guys!

Not sure if Welbeck to Aguero is worth 4 points tbh.

Arsenal at home to Burnley vs City at home to United.
    As much as I value Aguero there is a chance he won't outscore Welbeck by 4 points. United played really well against Chelsea...

These transfers make sense but i would leave one of them for next week. 4 points (in a low scoring week like the last one) can take you down few k places.

Forster, Jakupovic
    Baines, Chambers, Wisdom, Duff, Dummet
    Sanchez, ADM, Fab, Siggy, Boyd
    Aguero, Pellè, Welbeck

0.5 in bank.

That's my WC team I'm unsatisfied with. Would "lose" 0.1 on Welbeck if I sell (but he's not performing enough). ADM is taking a lot of money and is not exactly on fire at the moment. A Chelsea def? One week punt on Filipe Luis? Not worth it?

What you think?

Well your defence is fine. Most weeks you'll have baines Chambers and one of the cheapies, two depending on fixtures.

In the middle you can leave boyd, fabregas, and siggy untouched as there's no better value for their prices, imo. Same with Aguero and Pellé up top.

So it boils down to your two arsenal attackers plus di Maria, which is not a bad problem, if you ask me. I'd sit tight, bearing in mind the arsenals fixture and ADM is an unknown in the Derby.

The only thing wrong with your team is no Costa.

• Advertisement

Well your defence is fine. Most weeks you'll have baines Chambers and one of the cheapies, two depending on fixtures.

In the middle you can leave boyd, fabregas, and siggy untouched as there's no better value for their prices, imo. Same with Aguero and Pellé up top.

So it boils down to your two arsenal attackers plus di Maria, which is not a bad problem, if you ask me. I'd sit tight, bearing in mind the arsenals fixture and ADM is an unknown in the Derby.

The only thing wrong with your team is no Costa.

Cheers for that.

Yeah no Costa is a worry. I got caught up by his rise last night. Didn't pay enough attention to it.

I can downgrade ADM to a £6.6m midfielder to upgrade Welbeck to Costa. For £6.6m there's Chadli or Diamé. Or I can forget about Baines... though he was one of the main reason I played the WC :rolleyes:...

- edit -

Well in a last min panic got Costa back and downgraded ADM to Diamé. £1.1m in the bank.
    Gambling on Diamé. In the worst case scenario, if United find form and ADM is really performing I should have enough big guns (Baines, Sanchez, Costa, Aguero, Fab, Pellè) to at least downgrade one of them to get ADM back. Will need to get £2.6m if I sell Siggy and £3.5m if I ditch my Diamé gamble.
    Not sure I gained cash with my WC but the good thing is I'm now a lot more flexible with some of my big guns (Baines, Sanchez, Costa).

Shame I didn't consider (enough) Downing.

But WC worked well. Sitting on 68 pts with Aguero to go and Costa (C). Lost 14 pts in the late captaincy change from Sanchez to Costa but pretty happy with it overall. Up to 23k too so can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any thoughts on this as a potential team for next week. The template is dead, long live the differential...

Forster (Hamer)
    Chambers, Clyne, Duff (Moore, Hutton)
    Hazard, Sanchez, Eriksen, Downing (Boyd)
    Rooney, Costa, Aguero.

Defence is woeful but I think workable, with Clyne or Forster to be changed iminently.

But what a front line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this as a potential team for next week. The template is dead, long live the differential...

Forster (Hamer)
    Rooney, Costa, Aguero.

Defence is woeful but I think workable, with Clyne or Forster to be changed iminently.

But what a front line.
    barring injuries \sending offs I'm going to have same front line!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Forster (Hamer)
    Rooney, Costa, Aguero.

Defence is woeful
    but I think workable, with Clyne or Forster to be changed iminently.

But what a front line.

I'd have Wisdom ahead of either Duff, Moore or Hutton (maybe Moore considering the coming fixtures) and I wouldn't call it woeful. You can swap Clyne for Naylor for GW13 when fixtures difficulty switches.

Tasty team anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone got any suggestions ? Been struggling last few weeks. Have 2 free transfers as well as my wildcard, which im open to using. Anyone got some good advice cause I cant make up my mind about anything

YdobT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone got any suggestions ? Been struggling last few weeks. Have 2 free transfers as well as my wildcard, which im open to using. Anyone got some good advice cause I cant make up my mind about anything

YdobT.jpg

I'd definitely wildcard in your situation. I'd downgrade one of your keepers to a 4 million lad. I'd get Aguero sanchez siggy and 2 from adm fab Haz and build a team from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

took an 8 point hit to get my team to here, im happy with it i think what do you think lads.
    I know i fecked up with mannone but couldnt justify another 4 point hit when i can ship him out for free next week with a potential loss of just 2-3...

Mannone

Jagielka Baines Ivanovic

Siggy, Sanchez, Di Maria (C), Fabregas(V).

Costa, Kane, Naismith....

undecided on captain but might stay with adm....bench is wisdom, schneiderlein, and dummit and myhill, who also doesnt get a start!
    i have no funds for anything but have alot tied up in huge players, hopefully kane starts if not ill put wisdom in there in the morning

took an 8 point hit to get my team to here, im happy with it i think what do you think lads.
    I know i fecked up with mannone but couldnt justify another 4 point hit when i can ship him out for free next week with a potential loss of just 2-3...

Mannone

Jagielka Baines Ivanovic

undecided on captain but might stay with adm....bench is wisdom, schneiderlein, and dummit and myhill, who also doesnt get a start!
    i have no funds for anything but have alot tied up in huge players, hopefully kane starts if not ill put wisdom in there in the morning

Just a quick comment. I know you've made your transfers for this week, but something to bear in mind for future transfers. I think you have too much tied up in defence, as the expense of your forwards. Downgrading to Ivanovic to someone for 4.5/5.0 will allow you to upgrade the likes of Naismith.

thats the plan i think alright! i also want to break up jagielka and baines, both are excellent choices but one goal means no clean sheet points, the problem is no idea which one to get rid of! probably jagielka as baines is on set pieces and likes to go forward, the other thing is, i have no idea why either, but i have some sort of affinity to naismith as if he is going to do well the moment i get rid of him! have had him since day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mannone

Jagielka Baines Ivanovic

Just a quick comment. I know you've made your transfers for this week, but something to bear in mind for future transfers. I think you have too much tied up in defence, as the expense of your forwards. Downgrading to Ivanovic to someone for 4.5/5.0 will allow you to upgrade the likes of Naismith.

Fully agree with OneColdHand. Thats a hell of a lot on defenders, as well as having a relatively expensive 5th mid. Explosive scores and good captain options are (generally) forward players.

Out of curiosity (not to be in any way judgmental, its been taken the wrong way lately) how are you doing overall with that team format?

Fully agree with OneColdHand. Thats a hell of a lot on defenders, as well as having a relatively expensive 5th mid. Explosive scores and good captain options are (generally) forward players.

Out of curiosity (not to be in any way judgmental, its been taken the wrong way lately) how are you doing overall with that team format?

Interestingly, I was messing around earlier. I had noticed that Berahino, Sahko and Austin had all hit form in the last few weeks. A forward line of those 3, would allow me have a midfield of ADM, Hazard, Cesc, Sanchez and Silva/Sterling/Walcott/A.N.Other. So could play 3-5-2 and pick 2 of the forwards every week. Also, in defence, I could have 2 out of Baines/Coleman/Ivanovic.

eh its ok, i mean i changed after gameweek 2 from 4-4-2 purely as i struggled to get any clean sheet bonusses and with the attacking players that are available in the premier league this year i would rather have them do the job! If im honest, and i know there is still a long way to go, but this has been my best ever start.....490 points with 8 to be taken off....admiteddly this is the first time i have comitted to it for the year but im second in my pay league so i gotta be doing something right, i think im 500,000 or there abouts...two poor weeks , but was up at 300,000 so i am happy just need to keep plugging away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

eh its ok, i mean i changed after gameweek 2 from 4-4-2 purely as i struggled to get any clean sheet bonusses and with the attacking players that are available in the premier league this year i would rather have them do the job! If im honest, and i know there is still a long way to go, but this has been my best ever start.....490 points with 8 to be taken off....admiteddly this is the first time i have comitted to it for the year but im second in my pay league so i gotta be doing something right, i think im 500,000 or there abouts...two poor weeks , but was up at 300,000 so i am happy just need to keep plugging away.

Fair play to you. Keep at it.

To add, I would agree with the other lads comments (too much tied up in defence). Even downgrading to someone of the Chambers ilk, you could greatly improve of of your forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'd definitely wildcard in your situation. I'd downgrade one of your keepers to a 4 million lad. I'd get Aguero sanchez siggy and 2 from adm fab Haz and build a team from there.

Most definitely wildcard but wait til after this gameweek when you have the international break to play around with it!!!

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Fair play to you. Keep at it.

To add, I would agree with the other lads comments (too much tied up in defence). Even downgrading to someone of the Chambers ilk, you could greatly improve of of your forwards

i downgraded wellbeck to get kane in! mental perhaps but i really think he desreves a start this weekend and against stoke! if he starts ther could be one or two in him!i had rooney but got rid, i suppose pelle or berahino would be the type of person i would want in there if it doesnt work out with kane.

Cheers man, I must say i am really enjoying it this year, sticking with it. It helps me keep in touch with home as i moved abroad for the year so good to have banter with the lads even though i dont get to see em.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Forster (Eliott)

Baines | Wilson | Naylor (Duff + Moore)

Hazard | Siggy | Sanchez | Downing (Marney)

Aguero | Pelle | Costa

Looking forward to upgrade the defensive line... Moore seems to start getting benched and I intend to get chambers instead of Wilson/Naylor

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Thinking of going from this to this.
    Coloccini,Chadli and Aguero in for Azpi,Di Maria and Welbeck.

327702.png

327703.png

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Already replied to you on the transfer thread. But now that I have the full picture... It seems impossible to get Aguero & keep both ADM & Pellè.

If my calculations are correct you should have £1.1m in bank. Welbeck -> Aguero requires a £5.4m upgrade. So you need to find £4.3m.

Azpi -> Dummett (if you fancy Newcastle) would give you £1.9m. Coloccini £1.5.
    Pellè -> Sakho would give you £2.3m.
    You'd still be short £0.1m or £0.5m though. You could downgrade Mannone to a £4m GK.
    Problem is you can't wait for tonight's price rises and that'd be a -8.

So looks like your proposition is the only way to get Aguero in without a huge hit. But, considering their upcoming fixtures and the YC count I'd rather ditch Cesc than ADM in your proposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Thinking of wildcarding be grateful for any imput

Krul Forster

Chambers Bertrand Janmaat Cresswell Gibbs

Siggy Wanyama Chadli Walters Sanchez

Costa Aguero Ayoze

auldgranny wrote: »

Krul Forster

Chambers Bertrand Janmaat Cresswell Gibbs

Siggy Wanyama Chadli Walters Sanchez

Costa Aguero Ayoze

Far too much spent on defence, at the expense of your midfield. I'd downgrade a keeper and at least 2 defenders and spend the extra money on upgrading a midfielder. If you could upgrade Walters to a premium mid that would be a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Far too much spent on defence, at the expense of your midfield. I'd downgrade a keeper and at least 2 defenders and spend the extra money on upgrading a midfielder. If you could upgrade Walters to a premium mid that would be a big improvement.

Thank you so much

Draft 2 0.7 in bank

Forster Krul

Chambers Bertrand Trippier Taylor Dummett

Siggy Wanyama Sterling Chadli Sanchez

Aguero Costa Ayoze

Thank you so much

Draft 2 0.7 in bank

Forster Krul

Aguero Costa Ayoze

I don't think I'd go for Sterling. Liverpool have been poor without Sturridge, and he's out for longer now. Personally I'd be looking to get a Chelsea midfielder in, Hazard, if you can. I think you could downgrade Forster (has tough fixtures coming up) to someone like Guzan. And Trippier to Duff will give you essentially the same thing for 0.6 less. These might allow you to upgrade Sterling to Hazard.

Thank you so much

Draft 2 0.7 in bank

Forster Krul

Aguero Costa Ayoze

I'd go Forster to pantimilon you already have southampton coverage their fixtures aren't great and krul and pantimilon rotate. Bertrand to alderweld. I think trippier is a good shout for the next 5 gws I'd expect a couple of clean sheets and maybe some attacking points. Ayoze to Austin maybe and sterling to Chelsea mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Krul Elliott

Chambers Bertrand Taylor Cresswell Yun

Siggy Oscar Chadli Boyd Sanchez

Costa Aguero Austin

Ya could go with something like this depending on the money... 3-4-3. Oscar a bit of a wildcard choice, everyone else has either Fabregas or Hazard. Oscar is the sneaky one that could make a few points with chelsea's fixture list the way it is. He's only 9 pts behind hazard with 200minutes less played but is nearly 2m cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ya could go with something like this depending on the money... 3-4-3. Oscar a bit of a wildcard choice, everyone else has either Fabregas or Hazard. Oscar is the sneaky one that could make a few points with chelsea's fixture list the way it is. He's only 9 pts behind hazard with 200minutes less played but is nearly 2m cheaper.

Alot of the FFS lads were going for him over Hazard to replace Fabregas earlier in the week. I actually had Oscar for the early part of last season until he got injured and he was outscoring Hazard until Hazard hit his purple patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Oscar is definitely good value as long as he continues to get starts I think you have to be prepared to move quickly if it looks like he falls out of favour whereas you don't really have that worry with Fab & Hazard. Tempted to switch to him to save a bit myself if you have Costa you are unlikely to ever want to captain Hazard and thats not ideal for a 10m player.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Alot of the FFS lads were going for him over Hazard to replace Fabregas earlier in the week. I actually had Oscar for the early part of last season until he got injured and he was outscoring Hazard until Hazard hit his purple patch.

Just looking at my team, if I was to switch Hazard to Oscar, then I could switch Pelle to Costa. So I can see the attraction in going for Oscar over Hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just looking at my team, if I was to switch Hazard to Oscar, then I could switch Pelle to Costa. So I can see the attraction in going for Oscar over Hazard.

It's always been my plan to go Fab-Oscar and Pelle-Costa next week. I would do it this week but Fab and Costa and pelle are on the brink of suspensions so I don't want to get Costa in now only for him to be suspended next week (and likely cheaper).

If there is any word of fab not playing tomorrow though I will do Fab to Oscar today for -4pths hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Wilcarding using some of the advice given above.

Krul Guzan

Chambers Janmaat Trippier Alderwiereld Yun

Sigurdsson Wanyama Chadli Sanchez Hazard

Costa Aguero Ayoze Perez

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Should I change Oscar for Hazard and upgrade Perez and defence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Gooners wrote: »
    Wilcarding using some of the advice given above.

Krul Guzan

Chambers Janmaat Trippier Alderwiereld Yun

Sigurdsson Wanyama Chadli Sanchez Hazard

Costa Aguero Ayoze Perez

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Should I change Oscar for Hazard and upgrade Perez and defence?

I dont think so. That team looks good IMO.

Swapping Janmaat out for Dummett would give you flexibility to upgrade Alderweireld to Clyne or Bertrand though who offer better attacking potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Like a lot of people in a bit of pickle with suspensions and injuries,am doing reasonably( by my low standards)... In top 250k.
    Current Team.
    De Gea. Krul (inj)
    Dummett Azpil Chambers (susp). Clyne Duff (inj)
    Chadli. Fabregas (susp) Sanchez. Siggy. Amoebi
    Aguero (inj). Bony. Austin

Have Team value 101.9m. 4.2m in the bank. And a resale value of 103.3m.

Overall haven't a bad squad I don't think, and haven't bad resale value.
    My question is in looking forward to Christmas period of busy schedule who would ye ditch between now and say 3 Gameweeks time?
    Have one FT at mo.
    Will hold Kun if it's not bad injury.....don't see Chadli,Clyne,Duff ,Krul.as Longterm keepers.How could I use my money in the bank well?....no huge interest in Costa.
    Would ye burn some money and take a few hits to shape team up a bit better?,
    All advice appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Like a lot of people in a bit of pickle with suspensions and injuries,am doing reasonably( by my low standards)... In top 250k.
    Current Team.
    De Gea. Krul (inj)
    Dummett Azpil Chambers (susp). Clyne Duff (inj)
    Chadli. Fabregas (susp) Sanchez. Siggy. Amoebi
    Aguero (inj). Bony. Austin

Have Team value 101.9m. 4.2m in the bank. And a resale value of 103.3m.

Overall haven't a bad squad I don't think, and haven't bad resale value.
    My question is in looking forward to Christmas period of busy schedule who would ye ditch between now and say 3 Gameweeks time?
    Have one FT at mo.
    Will hold Kun if it's not bad injury.....don't see Chadli,Clyne,Duff ,Krul.as Longterm keepers.How could I use my money in the bank well?....no huge interest in Costa.
    Would ye burn some money and take a few hits to shape team up a bit better?,
    All advice appreciated.

Like many of us up until today it wasn't a bad looking squad.

GK - I'd hold onto De Gea as fixtures are OK-ish for December, Krul will likely drop to 4.5 tonight but that's not a pressing issue.

DEF - Chambers ongoing disciplinary issues mean I'm looking at getting him out ASAP. The possible rotation of Azpi with Felipe Luis is also a concern especially over Christmas. Clyne plays Burnley next week so I'd hold him. Ongoing injury for Duff, I'd suggest replacing with Yun (QPR)

MID - Chadli's lack of gametime means he should be high priority for replacement, consider Downing. I'd hold Fab due to his reliability.

FWD - Aguero's injury is likely to mean 3-4 weeks sidelined minimum given his history, I'm looking at replacing him with Rooney depending on how he looks on Monday. Don't know yet how to handle Austin.

In short, I think you can afford to wait til at least tomorrow before making any changes but likely candidates for ejection seem to be Chambers, Duff, Chadli and Aguero. There's also midweek champions league games that may cause further woes in addition to what we've seen today and what we may see tomorrow but overall you're not much worse off than most of us. You're in the fortunate position of having considerable funds to cover most purchases too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think the worrying about Azpilicuetas game time is a bit overblown to be honest. Jose loves him and he's the number 1 LB.

Yesterday's change was purely tactical, a goal down to a team parking the bus, Jose threw on the more attacking full back, it's a fairly obvious change to make. And not one that will happen every week.

Dave was suspended for 3 games and got straight back in the team, no way Jose is dropping him.

Benimar wrote: »
    I think the worrying about Azpilicuetas game time is a bit overblown to be honest. Jose loves him and he's the number 1 LB.

Yesterday's change was purely tactical, a goal down to a team parking the bus, Jose threw on the more attacking full back, it's a fairly obvious change to make. And not one that will happen every week.

Dave was suspended for 3 games and got straight back in the team, no way Jose is dropping him.
    I dont think he will be rotated apart from 1 of the games over xmas. Azpil being taken off for luis can be a good thing going forward. For example chelsea are drawing 0 0 and azpil gets subbed off after 60 with a CS as mourinho wants a more attacking fb. Azpil going off early yesterday meant he got 2 pts instead off 1 also:).
    Having said all that Id prefer JT over azpil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

tom_k wrote: »
    Like many of us up until today it wasn't a bad looking squad.

GK - I'd hold onto De Gea as fixtures are OK-ish for December, Krul will likely drop to 4.5 tonight but that's not a pressing issue.

DEF - Chambers ongoing disciplinary issues mean I'm looking at getting him out ASAP. The possible rotation of Azpi with Felipe Luis is also a concern especially over Christmas. Clyne plays Burnley next week so I'd hold him. Ongoing injury for Duff, I'd suggest replacing with Yun (QPR)

MID - Chadli's lack of gametime means he should be high priority for replacement, consider Downing. I'd hold Fab due to his reliability.

FWD - Aguero's injury is likely to mean 3-4 weeks sidelined minimum given his history, I'm looking at replacing him with Rooney depending on how he looks on Monday. Don't know yet how to handle Austin.

In short, I think you can afford to wait til at least tomorrow before making any changes but likely candidates for ejection seem to be Chambers, Duff, Chadli and Aguero. There's also midweek champions league games that may cause further woes in addition to what we've seen today and what we may see tomorrow but overall you're not much worse off than most of us. You're in the fortunate position of having considerable funds to cover most purchases too.
    Thanks for a v good reply,sorry only getting back now,
    yday I transferred out Chambers
    for Smalling of Utd....they don't have too bad of a run coming up,
    Liverpool in terrible shape at mo and Smalling has been playing well.
    Will see how Rooney does tonight...will bring him or Lukaku in for Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Thanks for a v good reply,sorry only getting back now,
    yday I transferred out Chambers
    for Smalling of Utd....they don't have too bad of a run coming up,
    Liverpool in terrible shape at mo and Smalling has been playing well.
    Will see how Rooney does tonight...will bring him or Lukaku in for Aguero.

Just a bit of advice here;)

It doesn't matter how well Smalling did in last game. What does matter is how well the whole defence played.

For the players like Aguero / Costa / Sanchez you don't have to worry too much about the rest of their team ( well, you do but they still can score anytime and anywhere).

When it comes to defenders you want them all play well. Just a thought.

Are you a Manchester United fan? Don't let it influence your squad;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Can't wait for the wildcard on Thursday. This is a first draft I came up with

lVxQo8K.png

Big decisions to be made in midfield since I've had Downing since 5.7m. I'm favoring a power 5 with two of Sterling/Eriksen/Cazorla with the other three slots pretty much set. Up front, ManU have good fixtures and then RvP to Aguero is an easy swap. Barnes seems nailed on and has nice fixtures in Jan which will cause selection dilemmas, but oh well (ninja edit: Ah, forgot about Sam Vokes coming back, crap). Spurs have great fixtures and Kane looks amazing for that price. Defence will be chopped and changed a lot for me; only certainty is Terry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

Can't wait for the wildcard on Thursday. This is a first draft I came up with

lVxQo8K.png

Big decisions to be made in midfield since I've had Downing since 5.7m. I'm favoring a power 5 with two of Sterling/Eriksen/Cazorla with the other three slots pretty much set. Up front, ManU have good fixtures and then RvP to Aguero is an easy swap. Barnes seems nailed on and has nice fixtures in Jan which will cause selection dilemmas, but oh well (ninja edit: Ah, forgot about Sam Vokes coming back, crap). Spurs have great fixtures and Kane looks amazing for that price. Defence will be chopped and changed a lot for me; only certainty is Terry.

wow, mad looking team but very interesting! I realise you are unbelievable at the game, top of my qualifying league but are you sure you think its a good move going that bare up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

wow, mad looking team but very interesting! I realise you are unbelievable at the game, top of my qualifying league but are you sure you think its a good move going that bare up front?

Ha, I'm far from unbelievable. Been having a great season thus far, but I don't have the history of a Lemlin in FPL.
    Barnes being dropped for Vokes could change the plans back to Boyd as my bench warmer. Austin and Costa are the popular strikers, but I'd be at max Chelsea already and Austin has 4 out of 6 away from home next. Plenty of time to tinker :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement