Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Can't wait for the wildcard on Thursday. This is a first draft I came up with

lVxQo8K.png

Big decisions to be made in midfield since I've had Downing since 5.7m. I'm favoring a power 5 with two of Sterling/Eriksen/Cazorla with the other three slots pretty much set. Up front, ManU have good fixtures and then RvP to Aguero is an easy swap. Barnes seems nailed on and has nice fixtures in Jan which will cause selection dilemmas, but oh well (ninja edit: Ah, forgot about Sam Vokes coming back, crap). Spurs have great fixtures and Kane looks amazing for that price. Defence will be chopped and changed a lot for me; only certainty is Terry.

Why Fernandez rather than Naylor? I know its only 0.1m....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

lVxQo8K.png

Big decisions to be made in midfield since I've had Downing since 5.7m. I'm favoring a power 5 with two of Sterling/Eriksen/Cazorla with the other three slots pretty much set. Up front, ManU have good fixtures and then RvP to Aguero is an easy swap. Barnes seems nailed on and has nice fixtures in Jan which will cause selection dilemmas, but oh well (ninja edit: Ah, forgot about Sam Vokes coming back, crap). Spurs have great fixtures and Kane looks amazing for that price. Defence will be chopped and changed a lot for me; only certainty is Terry.

Too bare up front for me. I think you should go with one of Eriksen/Kane and not both. Spurs are too unreliable and have Europa League.

You could maybe go with Mirallas ahead of Eriksen.

I'd worry about any team without Costa. I know it's went well for you so far but your hands are tied if he goes on another run like the start of the season, and his ownership is so high it'd kill you.

For me, at least two big hitters up front is a necessity. Also, why plan to go without the best value forward in the game in Charlie Austin? Madness for me.

Too much spent on defence. You plan to field three each week so most weeks it'll be Terry, Jones and a cheapie, so why have two players 4.9 and 4.5? I'd be going for as cheap as you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Austin has 4 out of 6 away from home next. Plenty of time to tinker :)

QPR have been awful away from home, one of the worst in the history of the league, Played 9, Lost 9 so far!

Austin does have 3 of his 12 goals away from home, however if they keep losing it reduces his chances of BP's, only 1 in away games this year for him, he has 13 total.

And what worries me is that while QPR have been decent at home, ALL of their remaining home games are against teams currently in the Top 10 in the league, except for Everton who will probably end up being a top 10 team.

Remaining home games in order:

Swansea
    Man United
    Southampton
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Arsenal
    Everton
    Chelsea
    West Ham
    Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    Too bare up front for me. I think you should go with one of Eriksen/Kane and not both. Spurs are too unreliable and have Europa League.

You could maybe go with Mirallas ahead of Eriksen.

I'd worry about any team without Costa. I know it's went well for you so far but your hands are tied if he goes on another run like the start of the season, and his ownership is so high it'd kill you.

For me, at least two big hitters up front is a necessity. Also, why plan to go without the best value forward in the game in Charlie Austin? Madness for me.

Too much spent on defence. You plan to field three each week so most weeks it'll be Terry, Jones and a cheapie, so why have two players 4.9 and 4.5? I'd be going for as cheap as you can get.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Spurs double up but they have been delivering the points recently. I might just stick with Downing and play around with the extra money.
    Would you drop Terry or Cesc to accommodate Costa? On current form I just don't think Costa is worth 11.2m; the three Chelsea attacker approach would also leave me heavily reliant on them scoring enough goals as they tighten up. I'm wary of finding the right balance of playing a bit defensive to cover myself while also continuing to pick or ignore the players I believe in.
    Why Fernandez rather than Naylor? I know its only 0.1m....

Naylor has 7 yellows so far. Fernandez is also usually good in the baps; from the Boxing Day matches: "Swansea's backline registered similar numbers, but Fernandez here was 2 passes short of making the 30 passes needed for pass % - With those 2 passes Fernandez would have beaten Williams on BPS. Either way, both are great going forward and early Wildcarders are more than welcome to pick them up."

I'd probably drop Cesc of the three Chelsea. He has given good returns in recent games where he played at ten but that'll end once Xmas rotation is over.

In regard to Fernandez, I still think you have too many expensive defenders. Each week you are going to be leaving two players worth 4.5, 4.3 or 4.9 on the bench.

That's why I go for one expensive (Terry), one mid priced (Naylor) and then three cheapies (Dummett, Wisdom and Hutton). Naylor and Terry play every week and then one of the other three. Means I'm leaving a minimum amount on the bench.

Problem is that there's not a lot in the ultra cheapie defence bracket anymore (I'm so stupid for choosing to cash in the 0.1m on Hutton in my GW6 WC and keeping Moore). I'll avoid Wasilewski at 3.9m since Leicester are crap, Saylor isn't fully nailed, and Yun is injured/has a propensity for knocks. I'm considering Cameron at 4.2m and will probably end up spending less overall to get rotating keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

lVxQo8K.png

I'd advise you to keep playing the game you play don't have players in your team for fear of their ownership. Things constantly change in this game. Austin for example is in great form but it's going to stop otherwise he is going to hit 30 goals this season it's about getting away from him before its too late. West ham downing are getting great returns is their top 4 output going to continue in the second half of the season i dont think so.One of the reasons you are were you are is because you backed your gut instinct and sold costa. I personally wouldn't have costa in the top 3 Chelsea assets so I think it's perfectly logical to go without him if need be. I'd agree with Lemlin about the layout of your defence you can spend wiser. I can see myself going Aguero and 2 cheapish forwards and a very strong midfield like yourself. Apart from Aguero the best captain options are sanchez and Hazard.

I'd advise you to keep playing the game you play don't have players in your team for fear of their ownership. Things constantly change in this game. Austin for example is in great form but it's going to stop otherwise he is going to hit 30 goals this season it's about getting away from him before its too late. West ham downing are getting great returns is their top 4 output going to continue in the second half of the season i dont think so.One of the reasons you are were you are is because you backed your gut instinct and sold costa. I personally wouldn't have costa in the top 3 Chelsea assets so I think it's perfectly logical to go without him if need be. I'd agree with Lemlin about the layout of your defence you can spend wiser. I can see myself going Aguero and 2 cheapish forwards and a very strong midfield like yourself. Apart from Aguero the best captain options are sanchez and Hazard.

I agree re Downing but disagree with a few other points.... But sure that's the joy of this forum.

Austin has 12 goals in 16 games. I don't see any reason why he can't get another 8 to 12 and finish on 20-24 goals.

QPR are a decent side with good attacking players. Their problem is defence and I can see that being strengthened come January and Harry doing some wheeling and dealing.

I still think Costa is a premium striker playing for the best team in the league. He will return points. He easily could have had a double against Stoke as well as his haul on Stephens Day.

I've found season after season that 3-4-3 is the way to go. Forwards are on the field to score. My expectation is that I'll be going Aguero, Costa and Austin as I had earlier in the season.

I'll then be hoping to have Silva, Hazard, Eriksen and Sanchez in midfield and Terry in defence. The rest of the team I worry little about.

Whether I'll be able to fit all of those in I don't know. I'm not starting toying around because I'm adamant I'll be keeping my wildcard as late as possible. That has worked well for me every season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I agree re Downing but disagree with a few other points.... But sure that's the joy of this forum.

Austin has 12 goals in 16 games. I don't see any reason why he can't get another 8 to 12 and finish on 20-24 goals.

QPR are a decent side with good attacking players. Their problem is defence and I can see that being strengthened come January and Harry doing some wheeling and dealing.

I still think Costa is a premium striker playing for the best team in the league. He will return points. He easily could have had a double against Stoke as well as his haul on Stephens Day.

I've found season after season that 3-4-3 is the way to go. Forwards are on the field to score. My expectation is that I'll be going Aguero, Costa and Austin as I had earlier in the season.

I'll then be hoping to have Silva, Hazard, Eriksen and Sanchez in midfield and Terry in defence. The rest of the team I worry little about.

Whether I'll be able to fit all of those in I don't know. I'm not starting toying around because I'm adamant I'll be keeping my wildcard as late as possible. That has worked well for me every season.
    I'm in no rush to sell austin but can see why Ziegler would.
    I could certainly see austin get another 8 goals but I'm not sure that will keep people happy. If he blanks for a couple of games there will be an exodus much quicker than there was from costa. My problem with Costa is I'd captain Hazard over him and id expect fab and Haz to create most of his goals. I'd also be shocked if he didn't get a 2 game ban by March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Haven't really put thought into my wildcard team, but I'm more in the Lemlin camp re 343. I'm only playing a year and a half but I never like the look of my team unless I've a big hitter front 3. Two premium and one mid price at least. Last year in Jan WC I built a team with Aguero, RVP and Suarez, which worked great for 45 mins till Aguero got injured again vs Spurs.

On the other hand, going with Bony over Austin in place of Aguero has proved a mistake this year, although it looked promising initially. Also had I gone Austin I'd have had the cash to get Silva in before this week.

I'll be having a look at a big front three again, with the Costa, Falcao, Aguero type of line up being considered.

My resale value cleared 105m his week, so hopefully will have more than most to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Guzan – Krul
    Zab – Terry – Wisdom – Taylor – Dummett
    Sanchez – Silva – Hazard – Boyd
    Costa – Austin – Bony

£1.1m ITB

Used my FT this week to get Terry in.

Thinking of switching Bony out next week for a £9.6m or less striker. Maybe Jovetic or Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

In regard to Fernandez, I still think you have too many expensive defenders. Each week you are going to be leaving two players worth 4.5, 4.3 or 4.9 on the bench.

That's why I go for one expensive (Terry), one mid priced (Naylor) and then three cheapies (Dummett, Wisdom and Hutton). Naylor and Terry play every week and then one of the other three. Means I'm leaving a minimum amount on the bench.

I don't buy that. You'd seriously play Naylor every week even when he has the worst fixture of the 5? The fact he's a bit dearer than the other 3 shouldn't sway you to playing him every week regardless.

jebforever wrote: »
    I don't buy that. You'd seriously play Naylor every week even when he has the worst fixture of the 5? The fact he's a bit dearer than the other 3 shouldn't sway you to playing him every week regardless.

He'd play most weeks. I phrased it badly saying every week. Of course if one of the other three have a better fixture they'll play.

The crux of my point I'd more about the make up of the defence. Four defenders 4.5 and over is overkill IMO when you'll only need to play two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Played Wildcard earlier. Could I get some opinions on my team? I gave an account of my team in a previous post but will repeat it below. Cheers.

I have enough funds to bring Augero in for Austin.

I've bulked up in defence with Terry and Alderweireld. Cover at the back spans between Southampton, Chelsea, Villa, Sunderland and Burnley so this should do me till end of season.

I have an additional 0.2m to "upgrade" my cheapie defenders if needs be, i.e. Baird/Bruce to Duff/Yun/Wasilweski.

If I want that 4th premium midfielder, I can always take Terry out and bring Sterling or Di Maria in for example.

Any advice welcome :)

2a93ds2.png

I think Downing and Siggy are better 4th mids than Chadli, especially if you have Kane. Baird and Bruce aren't nailed; you wouldn't want to have to waste a FT on them later.

• Advertisement

I think Downing and Siggy are better 4th mids than Chadli, especially if you have Kane. Baird and Bruce aren't nailed; you wouldn't want to have to waste a FT on them later.

Both good points that have crossed my mind. Chadli is in excellent form with great fixtures coming up. But if needs be can always bring in Downing (or Siggy if I have my money).

You're right, I'd hate to waste a transfer on them. I'm very tempted to risk it though. Bruce seems to be getting gametime so might stick with him. Baird is extremely risky so might end up bringing in Duff/Wasilweski for him. Thanks for feedback.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You're right, I'd hate to waste a transfer on them. I'm very tempted to risk it though. Bruce seems to be getting gametime so might stick with him. Baird is extremely risky so might end up bringing in Duff/Wasilweski for him. Thanks for feedback.

Michael Dawson is back soon for Hull though. If bank dictates then having one passenger isn't terrible; I've had Moore since GW1 and don't think it's affected me.

Michael Dawson is back soon for Hull though. If bank dictates then having one passenger isn't terrible; I've had Moore since GW1 and don't think it's affected me.

Yeah he could well lose his place. I'm rejigging my defence as we speak for the laugh. Now have Alderweireld, Cahill, Cameron, Duff and Hutton but have downgraded Boyd to Tiote. I'm sure I'll continue to chop and change will next week :)

One thing to note about Siggy. I have a friend who supports Swansea and he's mentioned a few times that he has big worries about the next month for them.

He reckons their three best players this season are Ki, Bony and Fabianski, two of that trio are gone for the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

One thing to note about Siggy. I have a friend who supports Swansea and he's mentioned a few times that he has big worries about the next month for them.

He reckons their three best players this season are Ki, Bony and Fabianski, two of that trio are gone for the next month.

from what I've see of bony the last few weeks he won't be back. there was something not right last few weeks. monk was not resting him sure why would he? bony wants out again I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    from what I've see of bony the last few weeks he won't be back. there was something not right last few weeks. monk was not resting him sure why would he? bony wants out again I think

Man City have supposedly made enquires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dahat wrote: »
    Man City have supposedly made enquires.

I don't see why tbh, where does he fit in when Aguero and Dzeko are fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ciang

Should I swap Austin for Kane?

ciang wrote: »
    Should I swap Austin for Kane?

Austin has bad fixtures mostly now. Not convinced by Kane myself. Still strikes me as someone who'll be playing for QPR or Hull by January 31st 2016 but by all means it might be an idea to ride the value train and hope he can keep form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You'd have to wonder how capable a replacement Gomis is going to be. The understanding that Siggy and Bony seem to have has been a major factor in the amount of points Siggy has racked up this season.

CSF wrote: »
    Austin has bad fixtures mostly now. Not convinced by Kane myself. Still strikes me as someone who'll be playing for QPR or Hull by January 31st 2016 but by all means it might be an idea to ride the value train and hope he can keep form.

He can be working on Xtravision for all I care as long as he bangs on a few more goals over the next few weeks. ..

I've just got him in by the way!

dahat wrote: »
    He can be working on Xtravision for all I care as long as he bangs on a few more goals over the next few weeks. ..

I've just got him in by the way!

Haha well the general theme there was that I don't think he will meet the hype, wouldn't be backing him over the big hitters.

Haha well the general theme there was that I don't think he will meet the hype, wouldn't be backing him over the big hitters.

He will score given the chances but I'd have him as a 3rd striker only, couldn't rely on him over Kin etc as you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't see why tbh, where does he fit in when Aguero and Dzeko are fit?

aguero back in 2 weeks .....bony back from ACON in 3\4 weeks
    aguero injured in 4\5 weeks
    bony time :D

I've been impressed with Kane the last month. I was always targeting this next GW to bring him in so am disappointed he exploded right before. Of course Spurs could always sign another striker, but I don't see Adebayor or Soldado displacing him anytime soon.

He's definitely on my monitor list to get rid of on WC; Gomis getting a couple goals today should give him more confidence (I'm aware it was Tranmere). Siggy should be on pens as well for the next month. If I had the transfers I would be sorely tempted to bring in Adam Johnson. On his annual purple patch and kind fixtures ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

You'd have to wonder how capable a replacement Gomis is going to be. The understanding that Siggy and Bony seem to have has been a major factor in the amount of points Siggy has racked up this season.

I have no idea how he's integrated in this Swnasea team and how he could fit in it on the field but as I already said here he scored 10+ goals for 8 consecutive seasons in the French league for Saint-Etienne and Lyon. He's no Aguero of course but a decent forward. I'm very surprised he sees so little gametime in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gomis is a decent player, though not on the same level as Bony currently. I can see Siggy getting in to the box more often in Bony's absence, i can imagine this would be Monk's instructions to him

iroced wrote: »
    I have no idea how he's integrated in this Swnasea team and how he could fit in it on the field but as I already said here he scored 10+ goals for 8 consecutive seasons in the French league for Saint-Etienne and Lyon. He's no Aguero of course but a decent forward. I'm very surprised he sees so little gametime in fairness.

No offence mate but Marouane Chamakh managed 13 and 10 in the French League before he moved to Arsenal. What sort of quality is it?

It's rated number six in the coefficients and is below Portugal:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

No offence mate but Marouane Chamakh managed 13 and 10 in the French League before he moved to Arsenal. What sort of quality is it?

It's rated number six in the coefficients and is below Portugal:

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

I know. Though the UEFA rankings is due to our poor European results. For some reasons most French club don't care about Europa League and wish to focus on Champions League, for which we don't have the level yet (though we have 2 clubs in the second round this year). Lyon made some good campaigns and now PSG is expected to get some results (2 quarters in a row is not too bad). I don't think the Portuguese championship is any better. It's down to 3 teams only (Porto, Benfica & Sporting).

Anyway, my point stands. You said it yourself without realising it: Chamakh had 2 good scoring seasons in a row and reached 10 goals only thrice out of 8 seasons. Gomis had 8 10+ goals seasons in a row out of 9 (the 9th being his first full one in league 1)! I'll add that during his 5 Lyon seasons (his best ones, e.g. 12 goals in 26 CL games) he was not the main forward (it was Lisandro Lopez) so his stats are very decent and not in the same category at all than the Moroccan ones (who was the main forward during all his best Bordeaux seasons).

I have no idea (and I think no one has anyway) how Gomis would compare with Bony if he was given regular starts but again I'm surprised he sees so little gametime...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

shiny new wc team as follows:

De Gea.

Alderwiereld, Ivanovic, Hutton

Silva, Hazard, Sanchez, Chadli.

Kane, Costa, Jovetic.

Given, Boyd, Wasilewski, Janmaat.

1.6M itb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I know. Though the UEFA rankings is due to our poor European results. For some reasons most French club don't care about Europa League and wish to focus on Champions League, for which we don't have the level yet (though we have 2 clubs in the second round this year). Lyon made some good campaigns and now PSG is expected to get some results (2 quarters in a row is not too bad). I don't think the Portuguese championship is any better. It's down to 3 teams only (Porto, Benfica & Sporting).

Anyway, my point stands. You said it yourself without realising it: Chamakh had 2 good scoring seasons in a row and reached 10 goals only thrice out of 8 seasons. Gomis had 8 10+ goals seasons in a row out of 9 (the 9th being his first full one in league 1)! I'll add that during his 5 Lyon seasons (his best ones, e.g. 12 goals in 26 CL games) he was not the main forward (it was Lisandro Lopez) so his stats are very decent and not in the same category at all than the Moroccan ones (who was the main forward during all his best Bordeaux seasons).

I have no idea (and I think no one has anyway) how Gomis would compare with Bony if he was given regular starts but again I'm surprised he sees so little gametime...

Don't get the time to watch French football any more but Gomis was top notch with Saint Etienne but never seemed to get going with Lyon. With a run of games he has potential but you couldn't advocate bringing him in until he starts scoring regularly considering the likes of Austin and Kane are cheaper.

Agreed with your point on the co-efficient, the same happened with Serie A co-efficient as none of the Italian teams bothered with the Europa League and the lost the extra champions league spot a few years back. Definitely more overall quality in Ligue 1 than the Portuguese league.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Don't get the time to watch French football any more but Gomis was top notch with Saint Etienne but never seemed to get going with Lyon. With a run of games he has potential but you couldn't advocate bringing him in until he starts scoring regularly considering the likes of Austin and Kane are cheaper.
    Oh yeah I would definitely not advocate to anyone to bring him in. I'm just very surprised of his situation in Swansea considering his solid scoring background in the French league.
    qwabercd wrote: »
    Agreed with your point on the co-efficient, the same happened with Serie A co-efficient as none of the Italian teams bothered with the Europa League and the lost the extra champions league spot a few years back. Definitely more overall quality in Ligue 1 than the Portuguese league.
    Yeah. The ridiculous thing with French football is that all year clubs are fighting for the European spots and the next year they mostly complain about the games every 3 days, lack of money power compared to English, Spanish, German & Italian clubs, blablabla... But recently French clubs have been shamefully knocked out by Cypriot, Danish, Romanian or Hungarian clubs :rolleyes:... I mean this year our best performing club in Europa league is Guingamp (a 7000 people little town).
    In addition we've seen an increase of restrictive tactics defensive football in the last 15 years which adds boredom to the lack of results. Fortunately it seems to get better lately with new (young) coaches with more attacking tactis (Blanc at PSG and of course Bielsa at Marseille this year, Gourvennec at Guingamp, Fournier at Lyon, even Casanova at Toulouse who used to be mocked for his over-restrictive gameplans completely changed his philosophy last year and now adopted a Spanish-like football mentality...) but we're still far from what we used to be in the 80ies/90ies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Current team (mid Wildcard)

Heaton

Wisdom - Demicihils - Terry

Di Maria - Sigurdsson - Fabregas - Sanchez

Austin - Costa - Kane

Bench: Pantillimon - Boyd - Van Aanholt - Bertrand

Bank: £0.2m :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Wild Card Possibly

Guzan - Given

Azpilicueta - Alderweild - Wisdom - W.Reid - Van Aaholt

Silva - Sanchez - Hazard - Chadli - Boyd

Kane - Costa - Aguero

0.1 in the bank !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Iago wrote: »
    Current team (mid Wildcard)

Heaton

Wisdom - Demicihils - Terry

Di Maria - Sigurdsson - Fabregas - Sanchez

Austin - Costa - Kane

Bench: Pantillimon - Boyd - Van Aanholt - Bertrand

Bank: £0.2m :(

It's a nice team, but I think I'd have Hazard over Fab, based on current form. I'd downgrade Demicheles to get the necessary funds. City have been poor at the back recently. If Alderwireld gave you the funds I'd go with him.

It's a nice team, but I think I'd have Hazard over Fab, based on current form. I'd downgrade Demicheles to get the necessary funds. City have been poor at the back recently. If Alderwireld gave you the funds I'd go with him.

If they were the same price absolutely, it's an extra £1m though. A Demicheles downgrade is a good shout though, I think I'll do that regardless and free up some money.

The whole Hazard/Fabregas thing is a coin flip though, can I use the £1m saved elsewhere to better effect? That's what I'm counting on, but I haven't made many right decisions so far this season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

If they were the same price absolutely, it's an extra £1m though. A Demicheles downgrade is a good shout though, I think I'll do that regardless and free up some money.

The whole Hazard/Fabregas thing is a coin flip though, can I use the £1m saved elsewhere to better effect? That's what I'm counting on, but I haven't made many right decisions so far this season :)

Just noticed you have Bertrand on the the bench.

TBH, I'd have Terry + Bertrand each week, then one of Wisdom/PVA/Another cheapie.

This would give you a decent chunk to upgrade elsewhere. I'm sure if Austin + Kane is a season keeper combo, so might be handy to have extra money upgrade them down the line.

Another option would be to use the extra money to upgrade Boyd to Downing (or someone around that price), then each week you could pick 2 of Downing/Kane/Austin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I would be likely to captain Hazard, but not Fabregas. Thats one of the reasons I think hes worth the money. Was delighted to see my cup opponent doesnt have Hazard this week and cant get him in without a -4

Just noticed you have Bertrand on the the bench.

TBH, I'd have Terry + Bertrand each week, then one of Wisdom/PVA/Another cheapie.

This would give you a decent chunk to upgrade elsewhere. I'm sure if Austin + Kane is a season keeper combo, so might be handy to have extra money upgrade them down the line.

Another option would be to use the extra money to upgrade Boyd to Downing (or someone around that price), then each week you could pick 2 of Downing/Kane/Austin.

The long term plan would be to upgrade 1 of Kane/Austin, I'm working towards being in a position to get Aguero back in for GW24 & ideally I'd like one of Nasri/Silva as well. In practice I'll probably have to do a Di Maria/Austin out for Aguero + Makeweight in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I've got 8.8m burning a hole in my pocket!

I've been thinking how I could spend it and came up with the following team.

It'd be Terry - Ivanovic (with possibly a Man United or Southampton defender in the the Carling Cup Final weekend first)
    Downing to Yaya
    Giroud to Sturridge

Now this would be done over a few weeks and I'm not looking to take a minus 8. Giroud might well stay in my team instead of Sturridge if he keeps scoring. Yaya will probably need to give me a reason to buy him but all in all what would you all think of a team like this? Yay or nay?

xsm1Rfc0vfuQP0ZhBLvOLPg-UOIk_9MgLmJXQsKdKC68=w434-h553-no

Edit: Wisdom needs to go. Fcuk sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    I've got 8.8m burning a hole in my pocket!

I've been thinking how I could spend it and came up with the following team.

It'd be Terry - Ivanovic (with possibly a Man United or Southampton defender in the the Carling Cup Final weekend first)
    Downing to Yaya
    Giroud to Sturridge

Now this would be done over a few weeks and I'm not looking to take a minus 8. Giroud might well stay in my team instead of Sturridge if he keeps scoring. Yaya will probably need to give me a reason to buy him but all in all what would you all think of a team like this? Yay or nay?

xsm1Rfc0vfuQP0ZhBLvOLPg-UOIk_9MgLmJXQsKdKC68=w434-h553-no

Edit: Wisdom needs to go. Fcuk sake.

I'm thinking Yaya too, he should be back by GW26 home to Newcastle, with his shiney ACON medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

hi folks,

Any thoughts on the below? 2 Free transfers. I'm thinking of:

De Gea --> Forster
    Wisdom ---> ?

See below, cheers!
    338770.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Any thoughts on this? where I could improve on the below?

Krul - Howard

Alderweireld - Terry - Rose - Bellerin - Haidara

Hazard - Silva - Sanchez - Eriksen - Ward-Prowse

Kane - Aguero - Giroud

0.8 in the bank

In next couple of GW's
    Am thinking of moving;

Eriksen to Mane, ->too many spurs players

and

Giroud to Costa. ->not set on this one yet as Giroud getting solid scores

And then when I have spare transfers sort out Haidara and Ward-Prowse to guaranteed starters.

Not sure Howard is real worth his price but can understand you don't want to waste a transfer on him. Ospina is worth a look at especially if he keeps his place.

You don't have any WB defender. I guess you missed the boat now since WB run in fixtures are awful.

Mané for Eriksen sounds good. Not sure about Giroud -> Costa (at least before the DGW).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Not sure Howard is real worth his price but can understand you don't want to waste a transfer on him. Ospina is worth a look at especially if he keeps his place.

You don't have any WB defender. I guess you missed the boat now since WB run in fixtures are awful.

Mané for Eriksen sounds good. Not sure about Giroud -> Costa (at least before the DGW).

Cheers, ya Howard was expensive got him in instead of Stones at the time, possibly will move him for Courtois & downgrade Terry or get a 4.0 keeper.

Had no need for West Brom defender,
    back 5 had Man United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Southampton covered until a few weeks ago so WBA player wouldn't have got a game.

Eriksen will go soon, only had him in for the DGW.

The Giroud to Costa transfer is tough to call, as long a Giroud keep getting points he's tough to offload.

• Advertisement
Advertisement