Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Server/NAS build

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Make all of your clients HEVC compatible. If you dont need to stream over the internet then you wont need any transcoding, could run plex on an rPi.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

ED E wrote: »
    12 to 8 seems like such a downgrade. Or 9 if you wanna call it that.
    The X570 chipset is actually capable of supporting up to 12 SATA ports. Would make for a great home server - M.2 hanging off the CPU for the OS, and 12 SATA drives with no need for an add in card.

I don't know if we'll ever see a board that implements all 12 though, most of the board manufacturers are going down the route of multiple M.2s instead.

We've somewhat confused this thread with Coyler's request.

X570 doesn apply to what we were originally discussing, NAS style boxes, as its way up the TDP tier. Xeon D/EPYC 35xx is the name of the game.

Might be time for a fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Coyler

ED E wrote: »
    We've somewhat confused this thread with Coyler's request.

X570 doesn apply to what we were originally discussing, NAS style boxes, as its way up the TDP tier. Xeon D/EPYC 35xx is the name of the game.

Might be time for a fork.

Yeah, I’ll fork this to discuss multi-GPU boxen and how best to do it. I’ve since found some interesting options.

Massive quote post ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement