Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buygamecredit.com now available on three

Options
  • 16-07-2014 2:29pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I often used the site http://www.buygamecredit.com/ when I was with O2, depending on your mobile plan it's essentially free credit to use on xbox live. Changed to three a while back and was annoyed to find they didn't support it. Just got a text there saying they now do though.

Shame it wasn't the case before the sale.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm confused , what's the trick here. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

calex71 wrote: »

It's incredibly handy if you are on unlimited data plan and don't use your credit.

Eg Me - I top up €20 a month with Three, the 30 days unlimited data covers all my needs as I barely need to make calls - and If I do I usually use Skype or Viber.

So come the end of the month I have the guts of my €20 credit still left untouched. Now I can use it to top up my xbox account :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Basically, I spend 20 euros a month on my phone which gives my all the calls,data and texts for a month. The 20 euro just sits on my phone and never gets used because as long as I top up at the start of every month with another 20 all my data and that is "free". So I can convert that 20 euro into Xbox credit and spend it on games rather than have it sitting on my phone doing nothing.

I actually have no idea how the phone company benefits from it though.

ah ha , this is good. does it work with tesco mobile or vodafone ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ah ha , this is good. does it work with tesco mobile or vodafone ?

Not sure, I think it works with Vodafone

• Advertisement

XBL credit doesn't expire does it? And if I pick up a One any credit I have on my 360 will carry over yeah?

Planning on getting a One in a few months and would be nice to have some money built up on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

So basically if you're smart/economical, your phone network won't get anything off you other than a share of say €3.50 + cost of text/€20 xbox credit. I thought I was smart topping up every second month getting my freeness for one month and using the €20 credit for the 2nd month.

What have I been at?

EDIT- on the other hand my xbox is full of games I don't have time to play and I've 50€ on it since Christmas...

Mickeroo wrote: »
    XBL credit doesn't expire does it? And if I pick up a One any credit I have on my 360 will carry over yeah?

Planning on getting a One in a few months and would be nice to have some money built up on the account.

I don't think it will expire no, at least not in that period of time. The same account is used on both one and 360 and windows 8 store etc so credit is available to all platforms using the account.

Hey guys i just utilised this function but i see there are restrictions imposed by my operator, does anyone know what way these restrictions work? How often can I spend 23.50 off them this way :P

Advertisement