Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good pub

Options
  • 16-07-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I'm having my son baptised in the unitarian church on St Stephens green and was hoping someone could recommend a good pub, hotel etc around there to get some sandwiches or similar for around 20 people at a reasonable price??

Thanks a lot..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink as I think the OP is looking for a pub in Dublin City.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Peter's Pub or Sheehans on Chatham Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Lux23 wrote: »
    Peter's Pub or Sheehans on Chatham Street.

Wouldn't Peter's pub be a bit small for a party of 20 people? Or do they have a function room?

The Shelbourne hotel maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Neary's has a nice bar upstairs that would hold 20. Don't know if they do food but it's nice, clean, respectable pub that might suit a gathering like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Doheny and Nesbitts on Lower Baggot Street looked after my cousin for her daughter's christening. We were a group of about thirty and had a nice private bar with lots of seating and good finger food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I believe Neary's has a nice bar upstairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Birneybau wrote: »
    I believe Neary's has a nice bar upstairs...

Sorry about that, feckin' clumsy phone made me post that three times over.

Your post made me laugh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 falsers

Thanks a lot for all of your suggestions. I'll make some calls today so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

There's an O'Callaghans Hotel just on the corner of Kevin St / Harcourt St / St Stephens Green that might be worth looking into.

Advertisement