Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent running route in Castlegregory?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

I'll be in Castlegregory in August for the week and I'll be hoping to stay out of the pubs long enough to keep up my running. Can anyone recommend any decent routes for running up to 17 miles, either a loop or out-and-back will be grand. Also a route without dogs with a penchant for runners would be nice:D

I was thinking of the main Tralee road but it can get a bit mad at times.
    I was also thinking Castlegregory - Stradbally and on to Fermoyle Strand, up and down there and back..and from there out towards Sandy Bay/Maharees and back into the village to finish.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

Go out to the Maharees, run from the pier beyond Fahamore back to the Grotto and turn off there and head down past the Green Room and out to Killshannig (can do that section along the beach). Think that's 10 miles or 10k so can do the return to bring it up, the running leg of the triathlon used to be on that route. Very very very flat. You will be hard pressed to get flatter. And a lovely run too. Did I say how flat it is? Jesus its flat. You'll bowl along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks Conor, I know that area well, I'll do that so. If only it was flat ;)

Advertisement