Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Curragh Camp, Kildare

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

Hi there

My area has just gone "green" on the website but I'm getting 
    "not currently available at your address"

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]My nearest cabinet is CUR1_001 which is due to go live on 31/07[/font]
    Is there any way that you can tell if I'll be on this cabinet when it goes live or whether I'm connected directly to the exchange ?

Many Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

long_b wrote: »
    Hi there

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]My nearest cabinet is CUR1_001 which is due to go live on 31/07[/font]
    Is there any way that you can tell if I'll be on this cabinet when it goes live or whether I'm connected directly to the exchange ?

Many Thanks !
    Hi long_b

If you could PM me your specific address or even better your landline number I will look in to this further for you :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Hi there

Many Thanks !
    Hi long_b

If you could PM me your specific address or even better your landline number I will look in to this further for you :)

Al
    PM sent - thanks Al !

Hi there

Many Thanks !
    Hi long_b

Al
    PM sent - thanks Al !
    Thanks long_b

I'll need to escalate to efibre operations for more information but as soon as I have this info I will make sure to get back to you right away.

Al

Hi Alan,

Sorry to be a pest but have you heard anything back on this ?

Many Thanks !

Hi Alan,

Sorry to be a pest but have you heard anything back on this ?

Many Thanks !
    Hi long_b

I will chase this up for you today, apologies for the delays, I had expected to have confirmation from operations by now but I can assure you I will make sure to get back to you today.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Much appreciated Alan

Much appreciated Alan

Hi long_b

I have received clarification on this matter from efibre operations,
    They have confirmed that there is indeed a fibre cabinet being developed at Eascanrath Brook, Suncroft, Curragh Camp (entrance six) however I'm sorry to confirm that your location is too far to avail of service from this cabinet when it launches.

The coverage of efibre reaches up to 2000 metres unlike regular broadband where coverage goes in all directions from the exchange. The speed deteriorates over distance and the cut off point is 2KM - your location is approximately 3KM from the cabinet. Rather unlike regular broadband where it's available e to lines served by an exchange, the roll out of efibre is not based on the upgrade of a particular exchange - It is based on the commissioning and activation of fibre (VDSL) cabinets to specific locations.

At present there are no plans to install a cabinet in range to your location and I'm sorry to say that we will be unable to offer you efibre broadband for the foreseeable future.

Al

Much appreciated Alan

Hi long_b

They have confirmed that there is indeed a fibre cabinet being developed at Eascanrath Brook, Suncroft, Curragh Camp (entrance six) however I'm sorry to confirm that your location is too far to avail of service from this cabinet when it launches.

The coverage of efibre reaches up to 2000 metres unlike regular broadband where coverage goes in all directions from the exchange. The speed deteriorates over distance and the cut off point is 2KM - your location is approximately 3KM from the cabinet. Rather unlike regular broadband where it's available e to lines served by an exchange, the roll out of efibre is not based on the upgrade of a particular exchange - It is based on the commissioning and activation of fibre (VDSL) cabinets to specific locations.

At present there are no plans to install a cabinet in range to your location and I'm sorry to say that we will be unable to offer you efibre broadband for the foreseeable future.

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for the reply.

That's really disappointing.

Would it be possible that the speed on my existing line (0.5 Mb) may be improved as part of the upgrade works ? 

Does Eircom have any plans for VDSL2 ?

Much appreciated Alan

Hi long_b

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for the reply.

That's really disappointing.

Would it be possible that the speed on my existing line (0.5 Mb) may be improved as part of the upgrade works ?

Does Eircom have any plans for VDSL2 ?
    I understand your disappointment long_b - I really wish I could offer you better news.

Although there are no VDSL2 plans at this stage, there are vectoring plans, the current vectoring process used provides up to a 20 to 30% percent increase in speeds and up to a 20% increase in coverage. At present there are no plans to vector the cabinet discussed I'm sorry to say.

As your current broadband is provided by another provider I'm unable to run tests to troubleshoot issues however I can see that the max speed it can hold is up to 1 to 1.5MB - although the term 'up to' is used as the full speed can't be guaranteed. The reason for this is because of your lines distance from the exchange - which again I'm sorry to confirm leaves us with no option or solution to offer your line faster speeds.

Thanks
    Al

I really wish I could offer you better news.

Although there are no VDSL2 plans at this stage, there are vectoring plans, the current vectoring process used provides up to a 20 to 30% percent increase in speeds and up to a 20% increase in coverage. At present there are no plans to vector the cabinet discussed I'm sorry to say.

As your current broadband is provided by another provider I'm unable to run tests to troubleshoot issues however I can see that the max speed it can hold is up to 1 to 1.5MB - although the term 'up to' is used as the full speed can't be guaranteed. The reason for this is because of your lines distance from the exchange - which again I'm sorry to confirm leaves us with no option or solution to offer your line faster speeds.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Looks like adding 20% on to 2 km wouldn't reach me either.

Thank you very much for your help - you've been extremely informative.

I'd gladly change providers if Eircom thought they could get the full 1 Mb from my line.

Best Regards,

long_b

• Advertisement

I really wish I could offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Looks like adding 20% on to 2 km wouldn't reach me either.

Thank you very much for your help - you've been extremely informative.

I'd gladly change providers if Eircom thought they could get the full 1 Mb from my line.

Best Regards,

long_b
    HI long_b

Thanks for your patience with this, I'm genuinely sorry I could not offer you better news.

Al

Advertisement