Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 & broadband

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I've been on here before about my son not being able to play his PS4 online even though his brothers are able to play online on theirs (they are in different bedrooms).
    Although we bought a booster it didn't seem to help and I don't want to spend more money buying another gadget if it doesn't work.
    If I upgrade to efibre broadband with the faster bb speeds do you think that will help?
    We only have the regular broadband at the moment and if I upgrade it will not only cost me more every month but also I could be locked into a contract for 2 years.
    So I would only upgrade if I defo knew if would work.
    Any advice please?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

modmo wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been on here before about my son not being able to play his PS4 online even though his brothers are able to play online on theirs (they are in different bedrooms).
    Although we bought a booster it didn't seem to help and I don't want to spend more money buying another gadget if it doesn't work.
    If I upgrade to efibre broadband with the faster bb speeds do you think that will help?
    We only have the regular broadband at the moment and if I upgrade it will not only cost me more every month but also I could be locked into a contract for 2 years.
    So I would only upgrade if I defo knew if would work.
    Any advice please?

Move the non working PS4 into the bedroom where it does work to see if there is an issue with the PS4.

Double check the working PS4 in the non working bedroom.

I have these, http://on-networks.com/products/powerline/pl200.aspx, cost approx. €25 and they work a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

As suggested the power line adapters would be best.

Advertisement