Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC average speeds?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm thinking of switching to UPC and I was just wondering what their average speeds for uploads and downloads were. I live in Glasnevin/Finglas (D11). Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A test just now -

3629174365.png

I'm also in D11 area, near Charlestown Shopping centre. Very reliable connection. I think I'm still on the older 150Mb/s package. I find it great.

I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

3629186101.png

East Wall here, 150meg deal. I'm a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin City.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, live in Dublin 11 too, near Cardiffsbridge Road in Finglas and the connection is stable and quick, I'll post a Speedtest later if you want.

One thing to bear in mind about UPC is their complete lack of any kind of serious or knowledgeable customer service, especially first line technical. They are incredibly frustrating to deal with over the phone.

They do operate a "Talk To..." forum here on boards though, and they can be quite helpful there, but it's slower than a phone call obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

We are in D11 and get 48mb down/ 8-12mb up... We are in an apartment development though and that's UPCs excuse

• Advertisement
Advertisement