Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

davycc wrote: »
    well deserved peno and well taken peno kick by falque- we need him in our squad this season he will tear up the europa lg

Ceballos done well to win the ball back for that goal. Fredericks has also been good going forward. The defence is still a clusterf**k though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

A good entertaining game it has to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

It just occurred to me watching that, we have some very talented Spanish (and Spanish speaking) players and a manager who's first language is Spanish \o/
    Falque, Ceballos, Soldado, Lamella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭LostArt

Generally I don't read anything into pre season games since the Ramos pre season, but it was great to see us try to move the ball forward quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Caught the game yesterday, I know it's only a kick about but Naughton and Dawson were pathetic. Ceballos looked very lively. Is Walker still out injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Christy and Kyle will start on Wednesday..
    Defoe will tear Dawson a new one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

BT Sport is showing a repeat of the Toronto match at 7.30pm on Thursday night. The live match is on at midnight, 19 and a half hours earlier.

Davies starts. No Dawson for Defoe to make a fool of

#THFC team v @torontofc: Friedel, Naughton, Kaboul, Veljkovic, Davies, Capoue, Mason, Lamela, Lennon, Eriksen, Soldado. #THFCTOUR #COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Capoue and Mason in centre MF it looks like.
    What type of a player is Mason .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

any half decent streams lads?

• Advertisement

Lamela playing no 10, gonna watch a few mins of it

Gonna head off to bed but I like what i've seen in first 12 mins. Good pressing and good link up play. Lamela looks sharp, been very involved and had a lovely chip ball for Soldado who headed it down for Lennon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

any half decent streams lads?

No, i'm just assuming that every bad pass and stray ball is naughtons fault though.

Lamela playing no 10, gonna watch a few mins of it

yiddooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

lamela, nice enough goal

Went out to the kitchen for a few mins and missed the goal,typical.

did you catch the replay :D
    2-0 lamela

Lamela again !! good goal.

No, i'm just assuming that every bad passhj and stray ball is naughtons fault though.

he must be trying to break his own high record for the amount of mi**** passes -having a shocker as usual..takes too long to make up his mind then gets dispossed or passes it straight to the other team:(

• Advertisement

yes a fine finish after a sexy sutle soldado reverse through ball ..hope they both get hatricks

walker asleep as his man equalises:rolleyes: is he naughton in disguise|:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Come on the TownSend!!!

great finish indeed although the poor deluded espn commentator said he would score that goal 9 out of 10 times:p :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

great finish indeed although the poor deluded espn commentator said he would score that goal 9 out of 10 times:p :p

Well he did pronounce Pochettino as "Poachattino" If im not mistaken.

Well he did pronounce Pochettino as "Poachattino" I'f im not mistaken.

there were a good few mis pronouciations alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Only caught the first 30 mins. Impressive stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Watched the first half.. saw the goals then this morning before work.
    Davies i thought looked very ropey/nervous.
    Kaboul looked fit and strong, not really tested in anyway.
    Naughton did ok, must never be allowed over to the left handside of the pitch..
    Velkjovic not tested. nothing special, can see him turfed out on loan.
    Mason was fairly anonymous.
    Capoue done well, big strong flooker, was playing deep and taking the ball from our defenders and passing it on the deck a lot.
    Lennon playing in the 3 across the middle ( 4-2-3-1) was busy enough, good pressing.
    Eriksen was sluggish.
    Lamela was very industrious, always looking to get on the ball, always trying to slip the ball into feet for a return, doesnt seem to take on the fullbacks, still looks very flimsy even though i saw a picture of him showing his abs.
    Soldado had 2 assists, decent when he gets the ball, bit of a Mark Hughes type striker..holds it up and tries to link others into the game.
    Didnt see the 2nd half. other than the goals, poor defensively to concede.
    Could definitely see Pochs style, ie, pressing hard giving the others no time on the ball, and then we play 1 and 2 touch...
    COYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I watched the first half before work this morning.

10 mins in and Lamela was on fire. Working hard, tracking back and good link up play. He definitely deserved his two goals and took them well.

Pretty good first half performance from a team playing under a manger for only 19 days and against a team in mid-season.

Looks like there's room for two holding midfielders in Poch's team. The full backs get forward and the front four are closing down all over the place.

Maybe he's going after Schniederlin in order to have three holding midfileders to pick from (Capoue, Schniederlin and Sandro). I can't see too much room being left for Paulinho. We'll see...

Advertisement