Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season 14/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

That's a good analysis. Your man makes some good points and I like his positivity.

For the last couple of seasons I've had little faith in Townsend, but hearing all the Southampton players talking about how Poch developed them, I'd like to see what Poch could do for Andros. He's got raw talent there, it just needs to be cooked the right way - Poch could be his man.

Lennon's and Naughton's wastefulness seems to be apparent to everyone. As this analyst says it will be high-tempo and precise passing this coming season, so anybody dithering or giving away possession will be given a wide-berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

That's a good analysis. Your man makes some good points and I like his positivity.

For the last couple of seasons I've had little faith in Townsend, but hearing all the Southampton players talking about how Poch developed them, I'd like to see what Poch could do for Andros. He's got raw talent there, it just needs to be cooked the right way - Poch could be his man.

Lennon's and Naughton's wastefulness seems to be apparent to everyone. As this analyst says it will be high-tempo and precise passing this coming season, so anybody dithering or giving away possession will be given a wide-berth.

Yeah Townsend has skill and pace, a good coach should be able to improve his decision making and reading of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah Townsend has skill and pace, a good coach should be able to improve his decision making and reading of the game.

And hopefully not try the same trick over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

And hopefully not try the same trick over and over

Yeah just telling him not to shoot so much would improve him by 20% instantly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That's exactly it, when Poch was appointed my first thought was with townsend, if poch can get him thinking instead of reacting he could turn into a serious serious player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I have the pleasure of attending various conference calls tonight, starting at 1am, right through to 5am. Nice timing though as I'll be able to watch the match at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Anyone watching the game tonight? I probably will but could possibly be half pissed while trying to watch it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

isnt it sunday the 27th? the time zones have me lost when ye lads are talking about "tonight"!

• Advertisement

Nice play by Holtby and an unselfish layoff for Kane - 1 - 0 Spurs.

1-0 up,Harry Kane,a f**k up in the Chicago defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

http://firstrowusa.eu/soccer/chicago-fire-tottenham-row515592

missed the bloody goal too typical:D

COYS!

Lamela had a couple of great efforts saved by the keeper in that first half.

Yeah Lamela had a good first half, some nice touches and shots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Nice goal by Lennon.

Lennon,2-0 bad defence again.

Does anyone know if the Celtic friendly is being broadcast on any tv channel please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Does anyone know if the Celtic friendly is being broadcast on any tv channel please?

Online, not been shown on any terrestrial channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hopefully we run riot on them. They're in the middle of a Champions League qualifying campaign AND they just got hammered by a team St. Pats drew with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Any idea is it a full squad for the Celtic game ?

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Any idea is it a full squad for the Celtic game ?

I think so, read earlier that Ade is set to start. I guess all the Word Cup players will get a run this time

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

BBC Scotland i believe is showing it...Thats what a Scot in here tells me..big CelThick fan too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They should have the extended highlights on the Spurs site in a day or two.

Speaking of which, i watched the highlights from the last two games there today. Lamella looks quite good. Great shot on him. Not hugely powerful, but very precise. Would be brilliant if he showed us why he's worth £30 mill this season.

BBC Scotland i believe is showing it...Thats what a Scot in here tells me..big CelThick fan too!

I can't find it on the TV schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Your overreacting.

Edit:
    Thanks if a mod deleted that post feel free to delete this.

TEAM: Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Davies. Mason, Capoue, Holtby. Kane, Townsend, Soldado.

Subs: McGee, Fredericks, Fryers, Rose, Veljkovic, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Sandro, Adebayor

No WC players but Ade is back on the bench

Edit, missed Bentaleb on the bench

Wow, Townsend runs for the corner, cuts it back for Kane in the centre and into the corner of the net. Great goal.

• Advertisement

2-0 Soldado

Advertisement