Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season 14/15

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Don't be surprised if Rose starts before Davis next week, Davis looking v poor IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Schalke keeper made some impressive saves.

Dier was impressive, looks like a very decent buy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dier was impressive, looks like a very decent buy

Saw similar comments on facebook. How good was he?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I dunno, he made some mistakes in the 1st half, with some very poor passes. But it was his first game, so i'm happy to see how he turns out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Don't be surprised if Rose starts before Davis next week, Davis looking v poor IMO

"Very poor" is a bit much. Though Rose did better, in fairness. Though that's what squad competition is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

How did Lamela and Soldado do in Pre-Season? Two very talented players that I hope perform to the standards they are capable of this year.

Irish94 wrote: »
    How did Lamela and Soldado do in Pre-Season? Two very talented players that I hope perform to the standards they are capable of this year.

Very good. Both are beaming with confidence. You can tell the club are making a big deal of Lamela, making him the centre of attention, and it's working. He played centrally behind the striker and looks to be a really crafty no 10, easily as good as Eriksen but with the skill and confidence to take on the centre halves. (Eriksen played slightly back behind him which didn't really suit him though). Soldado got a few goals and contributed lots as always. The guy has skill and lots of vision to assist. Hopefully his jinx is broken.

Hmmm. I have both Lamela and Erickson on my fantasy football team. Might be time to replace Erickson so...

Very good. Both are beaming with confidence. You can tell the club are making a big deal of Lamela, making him the centre of attention, and it's working. He played centrally behind the striker and looks to be a really crafty no 10, easily as good as Eriksen but with the skill and confidence to take on the centre halves. (Eriksen played slightly back behind him which didn't really suit him though). Soldado got a few goals and contributed lots as always. The guy has skill and lots of vision to assist. Hopefully his jinx is broken.

Good to hear. Does Pochettino's style suit both players? I think you guys need another striker though to help Soldado, maybe just to take a bit of the pressure of his shoulders. I thought one of the reasons he was so successful at Valencia is because he had Jonas beside him. I think he scored 20 goals in the last two seasons that Soldado was at the club. Or will Lamela be a permanent No.10 in the side?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Hmmm. I have both Lamela and Erickson on my fantasy football team. Might be time to replace Erickson so...

Not gonna be that guy... Not gonna be that guy...

Eriksen. Sorry :(

irishmover wrote: »
    Not gonna be that guy... Not gonna be that guy

Eriksen. Sorry :(

I thought everyone was spelling it Erikson originally and someone kept correcting us and spelling it as Erickson.

???

Erikson is how I would have spelt it too.

I'd be doubtful we'll see both play together, they seem to both be best in the centre, both number 10s, similar players, Lamela with the skill to take on defenders, Eriksen with the quick thinking ability to assist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

davycc wrote: »

Looked promising. Good to see our attacking players from MF joining the attacks a lot and running beyond the strikers too. Holtby, Erikson and even more surprising Lennon picking some nice passes for players to run on too. Could we see a resurgence from Lennon this season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Holtby has actually had a really good pre-season as well. Will be interesting to see how much game time he gets once we kick off.

Where is Dembele, has he played any pre-season?

Where is Dembele, has he played any pre-season?

No. A few haven't, Verts, Paulinho, Chadli

Who is going to play behind Soldado: Lamela or Eriksen? Is their room for both in the starting 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Irish94 wrote: »
    Who is going to play behind Soldado: Lamela or Eriksen? Is their room for both in the starting 11?

Will soldado start? Looks to me like MP prefers Adebayor. I'd play eriksen behind and lamela out wide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement