Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N3 outbound traffic in the morning

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey all,

I've recently been hired by a company out in Mulhuddart. And Im looking to move into the city with some friends. Ill be commuting from around Smithfield to blanch down the n3 at around half 8 every morning.

Does anyone know what kind of traffic I can expect, Google maps says around 23 mins with light traffic, but I've a feeling this could be closer to 40 in traffic.

Anyone else do this commute that can give me an idea if Im crazy or not? I currently live in Malahide and its around 30 mins and I dont mind adding 10 or so to the commute.

Cheers,
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I think you might be going against the majority of traffic ...wouldnt most of it head citybound ?

I used to live in blanch so traffic around the centre gets crazy around xmas etc and definately when the schools reopen in sept...

If you are driving you have options though you can fly down blackhorse ave or through the pheonix park and you could be looking at 30 - 40 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pmck

thats not so bad so, I had a feeling id be going in the opposite direction to the traffic. But schools can really mess that up. Cheers for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,393 ✭✭✭✭Victor

At rush hour, I understand traffic can be busy getting from the N3 to the industrial estates.

Advertisement