Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to go near Dublin

Options
  • 16-07-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Moved to Dublin recently from the North.

Me and the missus going to head away for the night somewhere. Anyone suggest somewhere nice within an hour, west or south preferably cause we have the north well enough explore?

Hotels? Things to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Kilkenny? somewhat more than an hour, but a grand town with fine architecture, lots of history, and some lovely scenery and walks nearby too.

Also consider the towns that can be reached by train on the Wexford line, which is very scenic all the way to Rosslare.
    Wicklow, the Gaol, the Wicklow hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Spent a couple of days in Kilkenny recently and enjoyed it.

It's about an hour and a half away though. We stayed in Langtons and enjoyed it + got a great midweek package.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I'd highly recommend Roundwood House in Laois as a place to stay.

Birr Castle is a nice place to visit (and not too far from Roundwood House).

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Thanks for that

A lot of places fully booked this sat night - what's up with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

The Heritage in Killenard is nice if you're not committed to being within walking distance of an urban centre.

Emo Court is very nice and is nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

In Wicklow I'd recommend Hunters Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thanks for that

A lot of places fully booked this sat night - what's up with that?

Dunno but my sister is looking to get away somewhere nice over near (well, in) Westport, and she's had the same problem - everything booked up for Saturday!

Advertisement