Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise

Options
  • 16-07-2014 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

So I live in a city centre apartment attached to a shopping centre and carpark. The management have been doing building works for the past two months (without any notice or information). Last night the drilling started at 2am waking both me and my boyfriend up, generally this starts at 9 or 10 pm and continues for hours. We called this morning complaining and emailed a recording of the noise. The response was dismissive, stating it was hard to tell exactly how loud it was from the recording and next time (yes, next time) to talk over the recording for context. Also, that the builders wouldn't continue past 11pm tonight. That can't be right can it? 11pm seems way too late for this sort of thing.

Other tenants have complained but nothing seems of come of it!

What avenues are open to us regarding unacceptable noise levels caused by construction work in the middle of the night? I don't think our complaint will be taken seriously by the landlord.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Get straight on to the council in the morning and ask for the section dealing with noise. Tell them of the problem and that you have a recording. If you can get as many of your neighbours as possible to get on to them also it'll help you out. When you ring get a name. Then tell your neighbours to ask for that person when they ring.

You can also get on to the Dept of the environment about it. From their website
    http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/Noise/ click the link at the bottom for a pdf.

Advertisement