Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a couple of lads hitting the town

Options
  • 16-07-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I have a mate coming to visit at the weekend and he wants a 'proper' night out on the Sunday. I've been living in Dublin for a couple of years, but don't really head out in town that much, so I haven't a clue where to take him.

I suppose I'm looking for some recommendations of bars, late bars and clubs in the city centre that won't require a remortgage in order to pay for a pint.

My mate is single, so I guess places where there might be a slightly better chance of him meeting a lovely lady would be preferable to him (I'm spoken for, but don't mind being the supportive wing man). He's mentioned wanting to go to Coppers before, but I don't think we could hack it to be honest (I was there once and didn't think much of it). We're both in the 30-35 age range if that helps.

Cheers Boardsies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If you want an older version of Coppers try Buck Whaleys, a lot of my single friends in their late 20s/ early 30s go there.

Maybe bring him for food along George's Street and make your way up Wexford/Camden Street until you are ready for Bucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sunday and "proper" night out don't really go hand in hand tbh unless there's a big match or gig in town. Places that would be hopping at the weekend, or even mid week are usually deserted on a Sunday night. It's only a few weeks since I was on Camden Street on a Sunday night and couldn't believe how quiet it was. Forewarned is forearmed and all that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dublin play Meath on Sunday in the Leinster Final so town will be thronged.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Dicey Reilly's, Harcourt street.

€2 drinks, but mainly a 20s age group so might not suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Lux23 wrote: »
    If you want an older version of Coppers try Buck Whaleys, a lot of my single friends in their late 20s/ early 30s go there.

Maybe bring him for food along George's Street and make your way up Wexford/Camden Street until you are ready for Bucks.

Thanks, I'll check that out.
    athtrasna wrote: »
    Sunday and "proper" night out don't really go hand in hand tbh unless there's a big match or gig in town. Places that would be hopping at the weekend, or even mid week are usually deserted on a Sunday night. It's only a few weeks since I was on Camden Street on a Sunday night and couldn't believe how quiet it was. Forewarned is forearmed and all that ;)

Well, there's the Longitude festival this weekend as well, which is the reason he's coming up (we're going on the Saturday), I'm sure a few people will hit the town afterwards, but I don't think he's expecting a London super club level of activity to be honest.
    Luke92 wrote: »

For €2 drinks, I'm sure we could tolerate some whipper snappers for one or two ;) Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Luke92 wrote: »

Actually, just did a bit of research on the place. Sounds like a nightmare if it really gets that busy to be honest. Hmm, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Diceys can be a nightmare on Sundays, full of Spanish/Brazilians and the bouncers can be a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Please dont go to Diceys, for your own sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Pygmalion on a Sunday is brilliant if you're looking for something a little different. Cheap drinks too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Just bring nothing expensive into town if you're going to planning to get left sideways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement