Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

1 week loan punt Lampard Hazard and Baines in for Ramsey Di Maria and Duff. now do i captain one of them :D Lampard is tempting me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hope you did....

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hope you did....

Nope :( Left it on Costa. But hey Haz and Lamps all good so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is anyone able to get on right now?

EDIT: working but super slow now.

jimmii wrote: »
    Is anyone able to get on right now?

Nope, both sites down it seems

• Advertisement

Nope, both sites down it seems

It came back then took an age to load the team page I got on to see Super Boyd on 4 points though!!

52pts with Debuchy and Welbeck to play today but am actually disappointed, could have been closer to 80pts; Tadic missed pen, 2 Villains failing to keep CS, took Barnes out of starting XI and he scored, even Frank was robbed of an extra 2pts by being taken off within a minute of the magic 60min mark

manual_man wrote: »
    52pts with Debuchy and Welbeck to play today but am actually disappointed, could have been closer to 80pts; Tadic missed pen, 2 Villains failing to keep CS, took Barnes out of starting XI and he scored, even Frank was robbed of an extra 2pts by being taken off within a minute of the magic 60min mark

Thats still pretty good! How many do you have to come in?

I'm 40 with just Debuchy left today and 4 tomorrow and 1 on Monday.

website is driving me nuts

website is driving me nuts

Very frustrating!

• Advertisement

35 points. Not great. Wellbeck just left in this one. Took a 2 week loan punt as well so -14 :(

Thats still pretty good! How many do you have to come in?

I'm 40 with just Debuchy left today and 4 tomorrow and 1 on Monday.

Siggy/Sterling (and possibly Lovren) tomorrow, Zamora/Green/Baines for Monday. have Ade on my bench too but he's gone awol again it seems. -12 off my score for my triple loan

35 points. Not great. Wellbeck just left in this one. Took a 2 week loan punt as well so -14 :(

Ouch! Many MD2/3 options?

Ouch! Many MD2/3 options?

Rvp, sterling, siggy, lamela, Taylor and ddg or lloris in goal for md2. Caulker and Naismith for md3

Rvp, sterling, siggy, lamela, Taylor and ddg or lloris in goal for md2. Caulker and Naismith for md3

Not so bad so. Funny how its pretty much just the 3 of us on this thread! Makes me wonder how they hell there are 200 people above me when no one else seems to be playing!!

Not so bad so. Funny how its pretty much just the 3 of us on this thread! Makes me wonder how they hell there are 200 people above me when no one else seems to be playing!!

Theres a big world out there outside boards.....

We are the early adopters, they will all learn and join the superior game in coming years

Theres a big world out there outside boards.....

We are the early adopters, they will all learn and join the superior game in coming years

Yeh its nice that it is small though. Getting a lot more enjoyment out than FPL its a nice new challenge. Even on FFS its not getting a lot of chatter outside of the rare articles.

Wellbeck late assist drags me up to 41.

after subs 61(-12) for me with Siggy and Sterling tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm still hanging in there, 35 points with 7 left. My team is in bits though, I badly need the free transfers now.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm still hanging in there, 35 points with 7 left. My team is in bits though, I badly need the free transfers now.

make a bumper loan. i'm pretty set on doing a 4 player 4-week loan for GW17-20

Is this worth it though? Gw 18 and GW 20 are single match day gameweeks. No manual subs and only have to field 11 from the squad of 25.

Down 8 places today. 4 players out for 2 points total hopefully see a little jump up tomorrow.

Not a great stretch to do it over. Unless you are going to not field 11 I wouldn't go too crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I did a 5 man loan 6 weeks ago and 4 of them got injured at some point :-)

I'm only playing for fun now so will try again. I have Ramsey and Adebayor sitting on my bench doing nothing so might as well.

Is this worth it though? Gw 18 and GW 20 are single match day gameweeks. No manual subs and only have to field 11 from the squad of 25.

i reckon its worth the risk. this is what i'm thinking:

Austin/Sanchez/Baines(or possibly City def)/Nasri(or possibly Silva) IN

Aguero/Ramsey/Cabella/Moore OUT

So i'd be replacing 4 non-playing/injured with 4 players with serious points potential (and improved captaincy options)

The 4 duds above are no use to me, and i have some others (Ade, Lovren, Bruce) who aren't seeing game-time either. Options at present are severely limited

Between extra points in general, and extra points(hopefully) from captaincy, i'd be fairly confident of making back the 40 points with interest over the 4 gameweeks

Down to 62nd. Free falling :(

Stick with Costa as capt or twist to RVP?

i reckon its worth the risk. this is what i'm thinking:

Austin/Sanchez/Baines(or possibly City def)/Nasri(or possibly Silva) IN

Aguero/Ramsey/Cabella/Moore OUT

So i'd be replacing 4 non-playing/injured with 4 players with serious points potential (and improved captaincy options)

The 4 duds above are no use to me, and i have some others (Ade, Lovren, Bruce) who aren't seeing game-time either. Options at present are severely limited

Between extra points in general, and extra points(hopefully) from captaincy, i'd be fairly confident of making back the 40 points with interest over the 4 gameweeks

Might be tempted to punt in Pozo instead of Austin his fixtures take a downswing for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Stick with Costa as capt or twist to RVP?

Tricky one any decent captain option for MD3? I would switch if you had a decent back up option if not then stick.

Might be tempted to punt in Pozo instead of Austin his fixtures take a downswing for the next few weeks.

QPR have 3 of their next 4 at home (where they score all of their goals)

Tricky one any decent captain option for MD3? I would switch if you had a decent back up option if not then stick.

Naismith and caulker. Doubt Naismith will start though. If RVP clicks though it could allow me to make up some serious ground...

QPR have 3 of their next 4 at home (where they score all of their goals)

Jeez yeah short term isn't so bad! CPL are a very different prospect to last season same goes for Swansea.

Naismith and caulker. Doubt Naismith will start though. If RVP clicks though it could allow me to make up some serious ground...

Hmmm don't think I would risk it in that case. Not sure what odds RVP is to score but he would need to be scoring more than half the time to justify it given the MD3 options.

Good old Phil Jones nice to get those points after him sitting in the reserves so long!!

• Advertisement

RVP capt will help :)

RVP capt will help :)

that's your loan paid off already, isn't it

Bounced back to 37th.

Caulker will sub in for Naylor for the loss of no points. Really need a baines blank tomorrow though

Down 2 places today Jagielka to go tomorrow be nice to finish with a little move up!

Bounced back to 37th.

Caulker will sub in for Naylor for the loss of no points. Really need a baines blank tomorrow though

Nice when its so easy to make the changes! Last night I made four changes for a two point loss! So many 1 pointers this week.

• Advertisement

meh. dropped back 50 places. baines/green/zamora to come in tomorrow for sterling/debuchy/guzan(2,3,3). tempted to throw the armband on baines. on costa as is

Changed the (C) over to Baines. 54pts with himself and Green to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

I'd be tempted to twist from Costa to Baines tonight. Long overdue some attacking points. Don't have that option so I'll be bringing in Zamora and cheering him on :pac:

Moved up 100 places overall this week despite taking a 20 point loan hit. Sanchez and Sakho in for Aguero and Noble.

No Zamora or Caulker. Naismith starts.

Wamble wrote: »
    I'd be tempted to twist from Costa to Baines tonight. Long overdue some attacking points. Don't have that option so I'll be bringing in Zamora and cheering him on :pac:

Moved up 100 places overall this week despite taking a 20 point loan hit. Sanchez and Sakho in for Aguero and Noble.

Have Zamora too. But he's not starting so he'll stay on my bench

Welcome btw. Haven't seen you posting on the forum before :)

Thank you. Gonna throw Zamora on myself, for Sterling. He's probably coming on for 15 mins and getting 1 point but will take that chance.

Hardly worth subbing in Naismith for wellbeck. Seeing as I can't play 4 strikers Caulkers omission means that my interest in this match mostly centres around baines getting as few points as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Unusually both my everton players start tonight, Naismith and McGeady. 73 points after subbing them in for the week. Got well inside top 1000 for 1st time this season over the weekend. Will try to post more in here, I do see there are 3 or 4 regulars so should make the effort too!!

Hackers wrote: »
    Unusually both my everton players start tonight, Naismith and McGeady. 73 points after subbing them in for the week. Got well inside top 1000 for 1st time this season over the weekend. Will try to post more in here, I do see there are 3 or 4 regulars so should make the effort too!!

Yeah not many posting but we keep the fire going while we wait for more to arrive!

Yaaay

• Advertisement
Advertisement