Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

A first ever grey arrow as I stay in 13th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Had a shocker 36 or something! Seems when I do well in FPL I do rubbish in UFPL!! Looking forward to these transfers!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

When do the transfers come active?

The rules have GW20 as 3 transfers but I don't have any option to transfer, only loan.

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    When do the transfers come active?

The rules have GW20 as 3 transfers but I don't have any option to transfer, only loan.

After the deadline at 12.30

Can't wait to shift some of the dead wood! Hard to decide which three to go first!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    Can't wait to shift some of the dead wood! Hard to decide which three to go first!!

That's easy for me :p

Ade->Kane Cabella->Hazard and then change one of my defenders

Sterling captain today cmon ye little speed demon!!

manual_man wrote: »
    That's easy for me :p

Ade->Kane Cabella->Hazard and then change one of my defenders

Sterling captain today cmon ye little speed demon!!

Gone for sterling too fingers crossed!!

What have people learnt from the first half of the season? Do you think a going with as many heavyweights as possible and then filling in the gaps with 90 minuters like Boyd is the best option or stocking up on decent options in the 6m-8m bracket like siggy, downing, tadic etc is the best option? Certainly making sure you are covered for the inevitable injuries is important I ended up with no defenders at one point that sucked!!

What have people learnt from the first half of the season? Do you think a going with as many heavyweights as possible and then filling in the gaps with 90 minuters like Boyd is the best option or stocking up on decent options in the 6m-8m bracket like siggy, downing, tadic etc is the best option? Certainly making sure you are covered for the inevitable injuries is important I ended up with no defenders at one point that sucked!!

Número uno for me is to hold onto the free transfers for as long as possible. I made 14 out do the 15 on deadline day at the start of sept and believe its a big reason for my current placing. Will be aiming to do the same in jan

KevIRL wrote: »
    Número uno for me is to hold onto the free transfers for as long as possible. I made 14 out do the 15 on deadline day at the start of sept and believe its a big reason for my current placing. Will be aiming to do the same in jan

Yeah same other than fixing the obvious issues I'll hold in to as many as possible for as long as possible. I figures out I only really need 8 transfers to get the squad in the position I want so have the luxury of having a few more to use.

• Advertisement

at this stage its easier as we know for the most part who are starters and who are not. i had a lot of bad luck with injuries and players being dropped, but then i also picked Bruce and Moore in defense who were risky, so i could upgrade elsewhere. I've more or less got my 12 transfers mapped out, i'll be using 3 straight away, feck waiting my squad is in a jock and if i don't move fast i'll likely lose further ground. a priority will obviously be shipping out dead wood like Lovren/Bruce/Moore/Cabella/Ade, i'll keep my last 3 transfers til the very last minute in case of any big name casualties that need replacing

fooking Boyd. had to pick one of him and Barnes and picked Barnes :mad: have missed a hatful of points between the two of them :mad:

edit: 5 goals in the last 5 gameweeks, to be precise :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

59pts with Hazard and Costa still to play, solid start to the month, need to think out these transfers wisely

Scary bad. Goals from Boyd, jelavic and Roswell all sat on my bench too :(

Scary bad. Goals from Boyd, jelavic and Roswell all sat on my bench too :(

Boyd, jela and chadli for me. Fun times! Another big drop for me tonight I think.

Yep chadli on my bench too :(

Will finish the week on 54

At least Kane has made sure FPL went OK I was on 19 after the 3pms going to crack 50 thanks to his heroics!

Should finish on 80

8-10 wrote: »
    Should finish on 80

Cracking score. I'm dreading the tables update. Will do well to hold top 30 I'd say

Cracking score. I'm dreading the tables update. Will do well to hold top 30 I'd say

Cheers, I'm out of the yearly anyway so figure I'll use loans and transfers to go after the monthly ones as best I can.

• Advertisement

Wow. Green arrow, up 3 places to 10th. Amazed by that. 1st in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Well done, great to see progress when you were expecting the worst!!
    Wow. Green arrow, up 3 places to 10th. Amazed by that. 1st in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

52 points, meh, silva captain fail.
    Down 1 place from 236 to 237 overall, decent enough performance so far to keep me going for 2nd half of the season!

50pts. barely still in top 1k. shocking last few gameweeks. need to get on the ball and start scoring again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

64 points this week moves me back into the top 2k, I'm onna good run at the moment. Some of my previously dodgy players like Falcao have hit some form.

Tough work trying to figure out the best way to use these 12 transfers! Have spent way more time pondering UFPL than my FPL WC the last few days. Be interesting to see what Kane & Austin has 17% & 9.1% ownership right now I wonder how high they will go with the transfers!

Do you think these transfer will vary things more or do you think its just going to bring a lot of squads more in line and we see a template squad appear similar to how we have seen in FPL in the past?

Tough work trying to figure out the best way to use these 12 transfers! Have spent way more time pondering UFPL than my FPL WC the last few days. Be interesting to see what Kane & Austin has 17% & 9.1% ownership right now I wonder how high they will go with the transfers!

Do you think these transfer will vary things more or do you think its just going to bring a lot of squads more in line and we see a template squad appear similar to how we have seen in FPL in the past?

Because I'm out of the season-long running and the Boards league, I'm focussed on monthly score, so I mapped out the fixtures in January and have figured out who to transfer out and for who, each week.

If I were looking long-term, I'm keep all 12 for the end of the window, but in reality if I can go with 3-player punts each week based on fixtures then it gives me a better chance of monthly points.

For this week I've taken out 1 Southampton, 1 City and 1 Leicester non-starter for 2 Burnley and 1 Arsenal player due to fixtures. Week 22 will look at Spurs, week 23 at Arsenal again, already have them lined up.

Could fail spectacularly!

Yeah theres literally so many ways to go about it. I've got a good idea of my 3 transfers this week, team news pending. Bigger picture, I'm leaning towards a Hollywood midfield, as well as a few double up options at the back, but ye'll see soon enough :)

8-10 wrote: »
    Because I'm out of the season-long running and the Boards league, I'm focussed on monthly score, so I mapped out the fixtures in January and have figured out who to transfer out and for who, each week.

If I were looking long-term, I'm keep all 12 for the end of the window, but in reality if I can go with 3-player punts each week based on fixtures then it gives me a better chance of monthly points.

For this week I've taken out 1 Southampton, 1 City and 1 Leicester non-starter for 2 Burnley and 1 Arsenal player due to fixtures. Week 22 will look at Spurs, week 23 at Arsenal again, already have them lined up.

Could fail spectacularly!

The monthly is a great target to aim for. Might move towards that myself.

• Advertisement

The monthly is a great target to aim for. Might move towards that myself.

The prize structure still pisses me off. What gob****e made the final call on that? A guy who busts his chops all season and ends up coming second by a whisker, ends up walking away with nothing. I'll be making some noise about this in advance of next season. With the amount of entries (set to increase again next season), I think they should be looking at prizes for the top 10, 50% minimum going to the winner and a sliding scale thereafter. A bit more incentive!! And only fair I think with the extra work that goes into playing this in terms of match day 2/3 changes

The prize structure still pisses me off. What gob****e made the final call on that? A guy who busts his chops all season and ends up coming second by a whisker, ends up walking away with nothing. I'll be making some noise about this in advance of next season. With the amount of entries (set to increase again next season), I think they should be looking at prizes for the top 10, 50% minimum going to the winner and a sliding scale thereafter. A bit more incentive!! And only fair I think with the extra work that goes into playing this in terms of match day 2/3 changes

He may walk away with nothing, But he will have the consolation of knowing he came second to me.

He may walk away with nothing, But he will have the consolation of knowing he came second to me.

Oh Kev, I hope for your sake this is true, coz if it ends up the other way round and you come second, you KNOW this quote will be dug up to haunt u :D

I haven't given up hope yet :pac: Despite clinging on to my top 1000 place :pac: :pac:

Yeh it's a very strange structure I can only imagine it is in some way due to the gambling license they were issued or something. If they've made some bloody profit off the thing this year it definitely should be structured better next year!

I'm bringing in Lescott, Sanchez and Ings for Caulker, Lamela and Adebayor this week as they all have good home fixtures.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm bringing in Lescott, Sanchez and Ings for Caulker, Lamela and Adebayor this week as they all have good home fixtures.

They definitely look like good moves!

• Advertisement

They definitely look like good moves!

Thanks. I actually spent a bit of time planning out my transfers properly(I wish I had of taken as much time preseason). I'm going for players that play 90mins and avoiding injury prone players and risky punts(Lamela). My only exception in terms of injury prone players is going to be Aguero as not picking him is too big a risk.

My other planned transfers are:

Moore -> Trippier
    Vlaar -> Bertrand
    Ramsey -> Adam Johnson
    Zaha -> Downing
    Albrighton -> Boyd
    Costa -> Aguero
    Jutcwiechzdfsfsdf(Bur) -> Austin
    Welbeck -> Kane

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Thanks. I actually spent a bit of time planning out my transfers properly(I wish I had of taken as much time preseason).

I wouldn't worry about preseaon planning every year I always read up on everything and plan out fixtures and by GW7 I always have a 7 digit rank! Much more important to get the planning right now as we have a lot more information to work off. I wish I could figure out why I consistently start so poorly be a nice thing to crack!

Will roll mine over methinks

For MD1 which two to go for from Sterling, Boyd and Chadli? Currently on Boyd and Chadli really wish I had used one the transfers on Sterling to make it easier!

Also have to go Kane away to Palace over Ulloa home to Villa right? Leicester Villa looks like a bore 0-0 draw!

For MD1 which two to go for from Sterling, Boyd and Chadli? Currently on Boyd and Chadli really wish I had used one the transfers on Sterling to make it easier!

Also have to go Kane away to Palace over Ulloa home to Villa right? Leicester Villa looks like a bore 0-0 draw!

When the team news comes out you probably wont have a decision to make, Sterling not starting apparently.

Yep, gotta go Kane if you have him

• Advertisement

When the team news comes out you probably wont have a decision to make, Sterling not starting apparently.

Yep, gotta go Kane if you have him

Busy time of day for me unfortunately so don't always have the time to pop on! Be nice if Sterling is benched makes it a lot more straight forward!!

If prices were being set now what price do you think they would go with for Kane?

Well that certainly makes it easier!

Kane, Sanchez and PVA in for Ade, Cabella and Moore. Both Barnes and Boyd starting for me today so no chance of losing eithers' points to the bench :)

No sooner do i ditch Cabella and he gets a recall to the starting XI and starts to look like a French Messi :pac:

Just 47 today. Will lose 5 points and bring in ddg, ADM and clyne for tomorrow. Poor week where the only consolation is that I didn't use any transfers

46 with my back 3 contributing a total of 0 from a total of 0 minutes lol!

Allows me to bring in Debuchy, Jones, Bertrand, Sanchez, Tadic & Pelle for a total of 6 though which is handy.

I guess probably best to ditch Costa (c) for Sanchez too though hmmm.

Down 7 places to 17th. Likely to drop further tomorrow depending on what Sanchez does.

Its all about damage limitation for me the next few weeks, but then hopefully have 10-12 transfers to go nuts with on deadline day. Be armed with as much injury, transfer and fixture information as possible which will hopefully pay off later in the season with a good squad to choose from

46 with my back 3 contributing a total of 0 from a total of 0 minutes lol!

Allows me to bring in Debuchy, Jones, Bertrand, Sanchez, Tadic & Pelle for a total of 6 though which is handy.

I guess probably best to ditch Costa (c) for Sanchez too though hmmm.

i'll be keeping the (c) on Costa. 60pts sees me rise around 100 places, tho a number of options for tomorrow:

Sanchez, Ramsey, Debuchy, AdM, Tadic

Bruce, PVA, Boyd (all 2) and Siggy (3) will be making way, possibly Fab too (4) if Ramsey starts in the early game tomorrow

i'll be keeping the (c) on Costa. 60pts sees me rise around 100 places, tho a number of options for tomorrow:

Sanchez, Ramsey, Debuchy, AdM, Tadic

Bruce, PVA, Boyd (all 2) and Siggy (3) will be making way, possibly Fab too (4) if Ramsey starts in the early game tomorrow

I had my weekly ranking drop not liking how consistent it has become of late!!

Which two to go for from these three:

Siggy with 3 points, Tadic, Pelle?

• Advertisement
Advertisement