Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

KevIRL wrote: »
    Why not wait till next Friday or even Saturday morning? Any of them could have a freak injury or something odd happen and your lumbered with a non player. No price changes so no hurry to make transfers

i know... i've got a busy week ahead of me, and just wanted it out of the way. if i was higher up in the rankings i'd probably have an alarm set for Friday :) what do you think of my setup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I like it. Plenty of players who can return a big points score in games.

Anyone have a handy list of who plays MD1, MD2 and MD3 between now and the end of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone have a handy list of who plays MD1, MD2 and MD3 between now and the end of the season?

Fixtures are only set up until GW30 which is annoying! I have a spreadsheet with it but only for my players not the teams. I would imagine the only list would be going through the fixtures page thats what I did bit of a pain! This should help with a few of your players. (The * "players" are my transfers to be just in case you were curious!)

ufpl.jpg

I like it. Plenty of players who can return a big points score in games.

thanks. midfield is probably the hardest to choose for, with so many high-scoring options. Silva, Eriksen, Coutinho, Hazard are all players i'd like to have, but you can't have them all! Sturridge/Aguero/Kane up front is very strong i feel, with Austin too. defense has been my achilles heel but that was largely due to a number of injuries/players dropped. i feel i'm stronger there now, with Jeff Schlupp the secret weapon ;) (seems nailed now in an attacking role)

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    thanks. midfield is probably the hardest to choose for, with so many high-scoring options. Silva, Eriksen, Coutinho, Hazard are all players i'd like to have, but you can't have them all! Sturridge/Aguero/Kane up front is very strong i feel, with Austin too. defense has been my achilles heel but that was largely due to a number of injuries/players dropped. i feel i'm stronger there now, with Jeff Schlupp the secret weapon ;) (seems nailed now in an attacking role)

That is some midfield 8! I tried to give myself less of a headache when it comes to who to put in the reserves I would imagine you could end up leaving a lot of points behind.

jimmii wrote: »
    That is some midfield 8! I tried to give myself less of a headache when it comes to who to put in the reserves I would imagine you could end up leaving a lot of points behind.

not really. there's just so much points potential in midfield i felt it the best strategy. i've got 2 cheap forwards that i'll hardly ever be playing - Barnes/Zamora - so regularly i'll be lining up with 5 in midfield - factor in matchday changes and i'll mostly be left with good options. i did look forward at the fixtures to GW30 and generally speaking i'll have good options and not too many headaches. there'll always be the odd injury/suspension to throw a spanner in the works too. i was wary to have plenty of good options, but not too many. we'll see how it works out sure!

not really. there's just so much points potential in midfield i felt it the best strategy. i've got 2 cheap forwards that i'll hardly ever be playing - Barnes/Zamora - so regularly i'll be lining up with 5 in midfield - factor in matchday changes and i'll mostly be left with good options. i did look forward at the fixtures to GW30 and generally speaking i'll have good options and not too many headaches. there'll always be the odd injury/suspension to throw a spanner in the works too. i was wary to have plenty of good options, but not too many. we'll see how it works out sure!

If you nail the rotation definitely looks a good option tricky decisions are always a good sign!

Was it Greens MD1 performance this week that go him the boot! Dam you Green I lost out on Kruls points because of you you're fired!

If you nail the rotation definitely looks a good option tricky decisions are always a good sign!

Was it Greens MD1 performance this week that go him the boot! Dam you Green I lost out on Kruls points because of you you're fired!

haha no more just because QPR are muck in defense. having Courtois now takes away a lot of the GK headaches anyway (definitely didn't do well in that department up til now)

Anyone taking a punt on Zouma? If he falls out of favour again easy to just leave in the reserves. Would love to be able to go with him over Terry and spend the extra further up the field!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fixtures breakdown until week 30:
    Matchday 1 Matchday 2 Matchday 3
    Villa 7 0 0
    Sun 7 0 0
    QPR 5 1 1
    Hull 6 1 0
    Palace 6 1 0
    Ars 5 2 0
    WBA 5 2 0
    Lei 4 2 0
    Stoke 4 3 0
    Sou 4 3 0
    Man City 4 3 0
    Bur 4 3 0
    Swansea 4 2 1
    New 4 3 0
    Spurs 3 3 1
    Eve 3 4 0
    West Ham 3 4 0
    Che 2 4 0
    Man United 2 5 0
    Liv 2 4 1

Anyone taking a punt on Zouma? If he falls out of favour again easy to just leave in the reserves. Would love to be able to go with him over Terry and spend the extra further up the field!

Not in this game, I cant see him keeping Cahill out of the team for the rest of the season.

My only decison is whether to get Costa or Sturridge. Costa will allow me an upgrade on tadic to eriksen and moore to 4.5million defender (Schlupp maybe).

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Not in this game, I cant see him keeping Cahill out of the team for the rest of the season.

My only decison is whether to get Costa or Sturridge. Costa will allow me an upgrade on tadic to eriksen and moore to 4.5million defender (Schlupp maybe).

Sure Costa will probably end up not getting many more game than Zouma! I ditched him for Giroud so I can have an additional decent forward. I am keeping Tadic he picks up so many extras he seems to always end up in the team in the end! Didn't realise him and Eriksen were so closely priced might have to adjust things a little and get him in!

Sure Costa will probably end up not getting many more game than Zouma! I ditched him for Giroud so I can have an additional decent forward. I am keeping Tadic he picks up so many extras he seems to always end up in the team in the end! Didn't realise him and Eriksen were so closely priced might have to adjust things a little and get him in!

yea I'm not happy leaving Eriksen out of my squad, he's a great price at 8.0. I'll have to rethink my last 3 transfers.

yea I'm not happy leaving Eriksen out of my squad, he's a great price at 8.0. I'll have to rethink my last 3 transfers.

I had actually overlooked him until seeing your post! I just have the 4 transfers to play around with will have to try work something out!

Fixtures breakdown until week 30:
    Matchday 1 Matchday 2 Matchday 3
    Villa 6 0 0
    Sun 6 0 0
    QPR 5 0 1
    Hull 5 1 0
    Palace 5 1 0
    Ars 4 2 0
    WBA 4 2 0
    Lei 4 2 0
    Stoke 3 3 0
    Sou 3 3 0
    Man City 3 3 0
    Bur 3 3 0
    Swansea 3 2 1
    New 3 3 0
    Spurs 3 2 1
    Eve 2 4 0
    West Ham 2 4 0
    Che 2 4 0
    Man United 1 5 0
    Liv 1 4 1

Was just going through this earlier! QPR are MD2 in the DGW and Newcastle have 4 MD1 games not sure if there are others can just remember those off the top of my head.

EDIT: think you have missed a week? Everyone should have 7 games GW24-GW30 should they not?

Was just going through this earlier! QPR are MD2 in the DGW and Newcastle have 4 MD1 games not sure if there are others can just remember those off the top of my head.

EDIT: think you have missed a week? Everyone should have 7 games GW24-GW30 should they not?

Yea I did, ill fix it later.

Everyone should have 7 games GW24-GW30 should they not?

Everyone has 7 games but looks like Chelsea vs Leicester has yet to be re-scheduled. I've fixed the table above now.

Everyone has 7 games but looks like Chelsea vs Leicester has yet to be re-scheduled. I've fixed the table above now.

Handy having city playing later half the time means we'll be able to take a few captain punts knowing we have aguero as back up. The DGW captain choice will be interesting if your MD1 captain scores say 9 or 10 do you leave it on them or move to a dgw player.

Worth noting the liverpool-newcastle game on gw32 is a cert to be moved to a later day as the grand national is on that day in Liverpool

• Advertisement

Handy having city playing later half the time means we'll be able to take a few captain punts knowing we have aguero as back up. The DGW captain choice will be interesting if your MD1 captain scores say 9 or 10 do you leave it on them or move to a dgw player.

Yep. Also Liverpool and Spurs are still in Europe so depending on how far they go they could have a few more Sunday matches.

I went with Sturridge in the end so I could end up with Aguero, Sturridge and Kane all playing on the same day a few times!

So lads? Do we all have our squads finalized?

So lads? Do we all have our squads finalized?

Last minute job tonight! Have it planned but could be a few last minute changes!!

Settled on this:

Foster - Forster -Krul (not great MD rotation but decided to only use one transfer on GKs)

Ivan - Terry - Kompany - Jones - Bertrand - Cresswell - Vlaar - Colo

Sanchez - Fab - Eriksen - Tadic - Siggy - Downing - Moses - Boyd

Aguero - Giroud - Pelle - Austin - Kane - Berahino

Spent ages on rotation this game is so much more work than FPL! 316th at the moment but have barely moved since GW8 just moving around between 200th & 500th historically I have always messed up my FPL winter wildcard hoping for a bit more luck with this bunch!!

Decent aul' setup Jimmi

MD1 lineup today here:

Courtois
    Ivan Clyne Schlupp PVA
    Fab Sterling Cazorla
    Kane Sturridge Aguero(c)

No room for Austin but today's one of those rare times where nearly all of the big teams are playing Saturday

I left Giroud & Austin out today close call on them, Kane & Pelle but Kanes form is just ridiculous and hopefully QPR will prove poor enough for Pelle to get a few chances even if he isn't playing the best right now! Most touches in the box last week so hopefully that translates into a few chances this week hoping to get some good attacking returns today as the bench is looking a bit bare Moses, Boyd, Berahino & Downing doesn't fill me with confidence!!

ufpl_7_2.jpg

May as well take out Sanchez if you've any other md1 options at all, he's not in Arsenal squad

May as well take out Sanchez if you've any other md1 options at all, he's not in Arsenal squad

Didn't even think about it lol! Only option I would have had would have been vlaar so not much lost there.

Sigh left kane out of my squad. What was I thinking

• Advertisement

Sigh left kane out of my squad. What was I thinking

What!! Out entirely or you just reserved him?

No Tadic, Fab and Sanchez has fairly screwed up my midfield this week! Have to hope the lads can do me a favour tomorrow!!

What!! Out entirely or you just reserved him?

In the reserves

In the reserves

Thats not such a big one then! Did you opt for Giroud instead or something?

Thats not such a big one then! Did you opt for Giroud instead or something?

Yep went with giroud

Yep went with giroud

It was a close call in fairness looked like it might go your way for a while there! I had Giroud ahead of Kane in my team until last night too could easily have gone the other way. When Kane got booked for fouling Giroud I thought it was going to be one of those days!

• Advertisement

50 that will become 41 with 6 to play after changes. Think I might leave the c on aguero not feeling confident any if the replacements will top that!

Down to 101. Outside the top 100 for the first time in ages. Grim

Down to 101. Outside the top 100 for the first time in ages. Grim

Many playing tomorrow? Seems bad but we'd all like to swap places with you! As long as you used those transfers well for the long term you can still climb back up.

Barnes could save me yet. Didn't have the balls to switch the armband to him though. I did strongly consider it mind

FFS waited to see if Berahino stars before switching him in so left him on the bench now he's coming on already dammit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ugh red arrow yesterday with a 46, took out 15pts from 6 players so starting today on 31 with 7 to play, one of whom is Wisdom so only 6 players.

Goalfest in the United game to save my GW - February ranking is the new goal.

Squeezed out a 60 gave my a tiny green arrow. Could have been a lot better two 90th minute goals against is pretty disgusting was happy to see Colo still chipping in with a healthy 4 points despite that!

67 this week for a 6th green arrow in a row leaving me just outside the top 1000. I should have captained Ings today as Aguero only got 6 but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

59, surprised to see a green arrow, but hey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

66. I'm going to have to try harder next year I'm way back

How many do you have playing tonight? Just the 5 for me looking forward to a decent drop down the rankings!

How many do you have playing tonight? Just the 5 for me looking forward to a decent drop down the rankings!

I've got a full team out but Albrighton is not likely to start and Sterling is an injury doubt. I'm gonna captian Sanchez is he starts otherwise Defoe.

Lloris
    van Aanholt Hutton Davies
    Albrighton Sánchez(C) Eriksen Sterling
    Kane Sturridge Defoe

Tomorrows players are:
    de Gea Ings Fàbregas Downing Hazard Agüero Clyne

I've got a full team out but Albrighton is not likely to start and Sterling is an injury doubt. I'm gonna captian Sanchez is he starts otherwise Defoe.

Lloris
    van Aanholt Hutton Davies
    Albrighton Sánchez(C) Eriksen Sterling
    Kane Sturridge Defoe

Nice position to be in this week! Must have a full bench of MD2 players too I would assume could be a nice ranking jump for you tonight!

Nice position to be in this week! Must have a full bench of MD2 players too I would assume could be a nice ranking jump for you tonight!

Yea i have - de Gea Ings Fàbregas Downing Hazard Agüero Clyne.

I have a good squad now apart from the 2 Leicester lads(ran out of transfers) Moore and Albrighton although Albrighton is starting to get some game time now at least.

Yea i have - de Gea Ings Fàbregas Downing Hazard Agüero Clyne.

I have a good squad now apart from the 2 Leicester lads(ran out of transfers) Moore and Albrighton although Albrighton is starting to get some game time now at least.

Sure I think we all have a couple of dodgy fillers in there! There are a lot of bargains this year be interesting to see how far the money goes next year I'd imagine it will be a long time until we have so many strong <6.5m forwarsds!

• Advertisement
Advertisement