Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    Makes it much more fun to have a bit more on it though! Myself and Spock did Sanchez vs Aguero last week made it much more fun on Sunday watching both matches!

its ok i'll pass jimmi :p thanks though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Having a look at Sturridge vs Austin its quite an interesting one considering how short Sturridge is to score (4/6). Before we had RMT and FFFix I used to just use the any time goalscorer odds to get an idea of who they think is the better option.

Sturridge 4/6 = 3.6 points
    Austin 11/5 & 9/5 = 4.0176 points plus the additional 2 points for playing.

Obviously there are other things that contribute towards scoring points other than goals (Sturridge gets an assist in about half as many minutes so that evens out this week) but that is the easiest thing to measure and the most important especially with if UFPL with the 6 point goals.

People think two games doesn't make a huge difference but its mostly the extra 2 points that make the difference. Austins odds to score in each match are pretty uninspiring but to have a higher points expectancy Sturridge would need to be scoring at a Dost/Ronaldo/Messi type rate.

manual_man wrote: »
    its ok i'll pass jimmi :p thanks though ;)

Boo!

:p

:p

Austin teasing you! Hatty midweek for him now!!

Austin teasing you! Hatty midweek for him now!!

haha. fine margins. with 10mins to go my call was looking good

ah well :)

66pts with messers Kane (C) and Chadli to go again. happy enough with that

haha. fine margins. with 10mins to go my call was looking good

ah well :)

With 100 mins to go that was! You can't judge a decision like that on results though. Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!

66pts with messers Kane (C) and Chadli to go again. happy enough with that

Noice be interesting to see how that stacks up. My back 4 did me proud this week they chipped in with a healthy 29 points!

Player of the day though:

moses_parting_red_sea_barrett_301889_print.jpg

With 100 mins to go that was! You can't judge a decision like that on results though. Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!

lol nonsense jimmi. you're trying to use hindsight now..

Austin v 2 good teams in Arsenal and Spurs. Studge v Burnley. i watched the 'pool game and Studge can consider himself unfortunate to have just got 1. 2 very good saves from Heaton. i didnt see the Arsenal game but from commentary it was slack defending from Arsenal for Austin's goal. them's the breaks. same scenario next season and i'd be picking Studge again. ya win some ya lose some! :)

• Advertisement

Austin v 2 good teams in Arsenal and Spurs. Studge v Burnley. i watched the 'pool game and Studge can consider himself unfortunate to have just got 1. 2 very good saves from Heaton. i didnt see the Arsenal game but from commentary it was slack defending from Arsenal for Austin's goal. them's the breaks. same scenario next season and i'd be picking Studge again. ya win some ya lose some! :)

In what way? I said it didn't matter how many points each scored this week that would be the wrong way to judge a decision. It was pretty close between them though and for all we know Austin might pick up a knock and play 0 or even miss a penalty and get sent off and Sturridge could come out ahead its not over yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

71 with captain Kane and Eriksen to play again. Had Costa up front with Ki on the bench but other than that im delirawirat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It was slack defending but you are handpicking facts there to suit your argument, Austin was an a couple of inches away from a goal in the first half and had a very good game. Nothing wrong with picking Austin over Sturridge or Sturridge over Austin this week, I'm kinda glad I didnt have to make that decision.

I did ok this week, 62 points with Kane(c), Eriksen and Lloris left leaves me in 1070. I can't seem to break into the top 1000.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I did ok this week, 62 points with Kane(c), Eriksen and Lloris left leaves me in 1070. I can't seem to break into the top 1000.

Yeh its very hard to make up ground now teams are quite similar since the transfers. I've been treading water since GW9!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'm finding it easy enough to lose ground. Down to 119th.

It was slack defending but you are handpicking facts there to suit your argument, Austin was an a couple of inches away from a goal in the first half and had a very good game. Nothing wrong with picking Austin over Sturridge or Sturridge over Austin this week, I'm kinda glad I didnt have to make that decision.

hardly handpicking facts. its not possible to watch 2 games at the same time! anyway it was a difference of opinion at the end of the day and thats fine with me, fantasy football is about making tough decisions sometimes and this one didn't work out, thats the way it goes, like i said. whats i dislike is nonsense 'i told you so' type prodding and bragging after the event. pure childish

hardly handpicking facts. its not possible to watch 2 games at the same time! anyway it was a difference of opinion at the end of the day and thats fine with me, fantasy football is about making tough decisions sometimes and this one didn't work out, thats the way it goes, like i said. whats i dislike is nonsense 'i told you so' type prodding and bragging after the event. pure childish

Is that what you are suggesting I did? That wasn't meant to be how it came across just meant it in jest after it had come up earlier!

Is that what you are suggesting I did? That wasn't meant to be how it came across just meant it in jest after it had come up earlier!

honestly it didn't come across much as jest to me. well, in particular, the "Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!" comment saw to that. i'm all for a bit of a laugh, but making statements like that with the benefit of hindsight really irks me, and i don't think i'm alone in that. that just came across as childish to me, an unnecessary dig. but if you say it was in jest then i accept that. i've never been really comfortable with communication that isn't face-to-face :p and that will probably never change :P too much opportunity for miscommunication :p

honestly it didn't come across much as jest to me. well, in particular, the "Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!" comment saw to that. i'm all for a bit of a laugh, but making statements like that with the benefit of hindsight really irks me, and i don't think i'm alone in that. that just came across as childish to me, an unnecessary dig. but if you say it was in jest then i accept that. i've never been really comfortable with communication that isn't face-to-face :p and that will probably never change :P too much opportunity for miscommunication :p

I did say the same beforehand though in fairness hardly just out of the blue afterwards! I hate those comments too they're just silly and show a lack of understanding of variance and how short term results dictate how people view how good a decision was beforehand. Like the people coming on other forums today mocking people who captain Kane when they captained Hazard/Giroud/Sanchez etc that clearly wasn't the best decision and even with those players outscoring him that doesn't make that bad decision any better! Apologies if you took it as a dig certainly wasn't intended to be taken in that way.

• Advertisement

92pts. that'll do. that'll do

94 the team really shared the points around this week! GW rank of 850 moves me just ahead of where I was two weeks ago! Not that keen on how things are looking for next week though.

UFPL_gw28.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

91 points and finally into the top 1000 at 977 :)

91 points and finally into the top 1000 at 977 :)

Nice one!

Horror show so far! A 0 four 1 pointers and three 2 points! Really need Kompany and Aguero to get some points now or I am bang in trouble!!

Giroud, guzan and Robertson did well for me today.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Giroud, guzan and Robertson did well for me today.

Giroud the only one who has scored more than 2 for me so far!

EDIT: HOLD ON! Just logged in to see 11 glorious points sitting under Boydy boys name!

31 in the end, up 8 places to 108th.

Drop 3 points and will have Clyne, Terry, Fabregas, Chadli, Eriksen and Kane to play tomorrow. Capt one of them also.

Sturridge, sterling and siggy waiting for MD3

Despite all my 0s, 1s and 2s I went up 80 places!

Despite all my 0s, 1s and 2s I went up 80 places!

Always good, cause you have a load of cheap sub's now

KevIRL wrote: »
    Always good, cause you have a load of cheap sub's now

Yeh bench is a bit dodgy though good to be able to see the Chelsea side might have to take a punt on Jones playing. Nice to have so many players to take out so cheaply and still have a well above average score.

• Advertisement

45 after today. Down to 123rd. Will likely lose 8 points to bring in sterling, Sturridge and siggy and capt one of them

Nice to have the three of them waiting to go. I only have Siggy to bring in going to leave the captaincy on Ivan.

ouch. 57pts all in. Sturridge's(C) miss at the end the difference of 14pts. doubt i'll see much movement on the gameweek

ouch. 57pts all in. Sturridge's(C) miss at the end the difference of 14pts. doubt i'll see much movement on the gameweek

60 for me hoping I don't fall too far once it updates!

51 points. As above re Sturridge miss

60 for me hoping I don't fall too far once it updates!

you shouldn't fall with 60. pity about that Sturridge miss would have been quite a nice week for me otherwise

you shouldn't fall with 60. pity about that Sturridge miss would have been quite a nice week for me otherwise

Fall vs my overnight be pretty shocked if I fell over where I started the GW. Still really just treading water though.

Fall vs my overnight be pretty shocked if I fell over where I started the GW. Still really just treading water though.

yeah one of those "meh" gameweeks. you really do need the rub of the green to kick on in this game

yeah one of those "meh" gameweeks. you really do need the rub of the green to kick on in this game

Yeh teams are very similar seems the only way to get ahead is make sure to never miss a deadline or captain change!

Finished the week 117th

• Advertisement

Just Siggy tonight dropped 24 places happy with that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Benched Ageuro and captained Mane. So far so good.

Wamble wrote: »
    Benched Ageuro and captained Mane. So far so good.

Lets be honest that really wasn't a very good idea.

Lets be honest that really wasn't a very good idea.

Haha, we'll see. I likes a good gamble. Need to make a bold move if I'm to give Kev a run for his money.

Haha, we'll see. I likes a good gamble. Need to make a bold move if I'm to give Kev a run for his money.

Benching Aguero though? How could you be anywhere near Kev if you are doing craziness like that!! I have Mane in FPL but stuck with bloody Tadic & Pelle in Ultimate would swap them both for Mane if I could!!

Benching Aguero though? How could you be anywhere near Kev if you are doing craziness like that!! I have Mane in FPL but stuck with bloody Tadic & Pelle in Ultimate would swap them both for Mane if I could!!

His form man. He's been well out of sorts. And the opposite of Mane. Has to be done sometimes.

His form man. He's been well out of sorts. And the opposite of Mane. Has to be done sometimes.

He was home to a Fosterless West Brom though!! He had more shots than any other last week and his underlying stats are pretty much the same as normal! But fortune favours the brave you got away with one so far! What rank are you?

He was home to a Fosterless West Brom though!! He had more shots than any other last week and his underlying stats are pretty much the same as normal! But fortune favours the brave you got away with one so far! What rank are you?

Nice! Haven't seen you knocking around this thread much before! How do you find it compared the regular game?

• Advertisement

64 today. Kun capt disaster. Have a few cheap sub's to make is a small consolation but there will be a lot of ton plus scores

Advertisement