Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring System Plastic

• 16-07-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there. My sister mentioned yesterday that there is no 'bring system' for plastic in Limerick City anymore.

Does anybody know where one can take plastic to without travelling to the neighbouring counties?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there. My sister mentioned yesterday that there is no 'bring system' for plastic in Limerick City anymore.

Does anybody know where one can take plastic to without travelling to the neighbouring counties?

Thanks

You can pay to take your plastics to the Mungret recyling plant, will cost you €5 per car load....in this you can take old tvs electrical goods etc....as well this is a complete disgrace it should be free to recycle bottles...I'm just from abroad where I was paid 8cents a plastic bottle on return of them.

Or I have been told today but cannot confirm as of yet that the recycling bring centre in Castletroy credit union located near Ul still takes plastic bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thanks Steve I'll check out the Castletroy Bring Centre.

What I heard that since the City and County councils joined forces the bring system is been phased out. This will cause an increase in plastic to landfill which the EU are trying to significantly reduce within th enext 30 years.

Thanks Steve I'll check out the Castletroy Bring Centre.

What I heard that since the City and County councils joined forces the bring system is been phased out. This will cause an increase in plastic to landfill which the EU are trying to significantly reduce within th enext 30 years.

No problem was only told bout it today by my brother who lives in the area so cannot confirm it myself,l mite not last long so act fast.

Its a complete disgrace the recycling process should fund the cost of collection...and you are totally right in what you said about the dumping, already in Roxboro the plastic bottles are dumped all over and squashed into bins provided for Aluminum cans....exactly what I predicated would happen on another thread here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Its the Roxboro Shopping Centre where my father usually brought the plastic to. That place does get usually full especially around the Christmas period.

Its the Roxboro Shopping Centre where my father usually brought the plastic to. That place does get usually full especially around the Christmas period.

They never emptied Roxboro enough and never provided more than two recycle bins for plastic there...why they couldn't simply fit the bins with a sensor that automatically emails the collector to tell them it was full the same way as they do in cork is simply beyond me...

• Advertisement
Advertisement