Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New warning signs for car parks in Wicklow Mountains

Options
  • 16-07-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭

Saw a few of these last weekend ...

1z3nh4m.jpg

It's a good initiative, but they're not eye catching enough IMO, plus could be a bit bigger and in a few more languages other then English and Irish. I suppose they're green to 'blend in', but that's the opposite of what warning signs should be :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Needs a few real Gardai in plain clothes, hanging around for awhile and catching them in the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

BarryD wrote: »
    Needs a few real Gardai in plain clothes, hanging around for awhile and catching them in the act.

That'd be the ultimate solution, but the Gardai just don't have the resources to be fair to them.

I was down in Glendalough a few weeks ago and overheard one of the guys in the tourist centre saying that a car was broken into last summer and €10,000 cash taken. As long as thieves have that kind of carrot, they're going to keep coming back. Signs will help, I don't think a lot of tourists think about crime when they're up overlooking Lough Tay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Liquidate the criminal class is the ultimate solution

We should be able to leave cars and houses unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Ah but which criminal class do you propose to liquidate? Some men rob you with a six gun and some men rob you with a pen etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

mod

Lads I'm fairly sure ye're just messing about, but still an all, ye might keep the chat legal please!

Cheers,
    Sauve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

BarryD wrote: »

What for? To be "released without charge with a file sent to DPP"?

Advertisement