Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bookmakers to Start With?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

Hello Gambling Forum,

I am interesting in starting betting and I want to do the majority of my betting in-store (just feels more secure in my mind, for the time being anyway). I will be doing the majority of my betting on football, motorsports and gaelic, with none being done on horses.

I have the choice of 3 local bookmakers to choose from:
    • Ladbrokes
    • Paddy Power
    • Bruce Betting

I'm really just looking for the bookie with the best odds for the sports I mentioned above, and maybe some info on how to open an account in that store.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Each bookie differs in their pricing from sport-to-sport and indeed team-to-team. That's what makes it so attractive. Don't restrict yourself to any one bookie, especially when you have 3 choices in your vicinity. You don't need an account to bet in shop, just cash.

99.9% of the time you should choose the bookmaker who has the biggest price for your selection. The ONLY time I would deviate from that is if a different bookie has a special offer or money-back special or something like that. But the price difference would have to be minimal for me to back something at a lower price than is available.

Personally if I could bet something at say 3/1 but a different bookie had 11/4 with money back if the favourite wins and you really only fancy the favourite to beat your team then it might be worth your while biting the bullet and taking the 11/4. Otherwise, biggest price wins.

If all 3 bookies have the same price for your selection but one has a MBS then it's a no-brainer and you should bet with the bookie who has the MBS (or whichever MBS you like yourself). In fairness to Paddy Power (and believe me I am no PP supporter) they usually have more MBS so keep an eye on them for the specials.

Lastly I can't emphasis enough the value that you can get by having as many different bookie accounts online. Even taking the 20 or so bookies on Oddschecker will give you fantastic options re price and range of bets available to you so bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pbemff

Personally dislike Ladbrokes, got them on my blacklist. Their online bookie is a bit dodgy at times and ridiculous in their ID requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Are you restarting every gambling thread from the last 6 months?

Advertisement